*No Patches for Some PS3 Games*

DeidaraTV

10 minutes ago, DeidaraTV said:

Hi, due to the imminent closure of the PS Store, I have decided it was time to play some of the backward Anime PS3 Videogames (in Physical Format).
However I made a terrible discovery, nobody even talks about it on this site, so, I decided to create this Thread.
Many of my PS3 Videogames (in Physical Format) don't get a Patch and for some Games the patch is essential to play Online and earn Trophies:
1) - Nor automatically at the boot of the game itself;
2) - Nor through "Manual" (Triangle: update check)

The following is a list of games that I have tested myself.

List of Physical PS3 games that are currently unable to get patches:

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle
Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers

If someone know of a way to fix the problem I would appreciate it very much. Thanks ^^

(Sorry for my Rusty English LOL)

Just tested, UNS Generations downloaded version 1.01 just fine. UNS2 never got any patches

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just tested, UNS Generations downloaded version 1.01 just fine. UNS2 never got any patches

It doesn't work for me and I don't know why.
I insert the Disc and boot the game but unfortunately no Patches are downloaded, what should I do?

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

You can add Hitman: Absolution, GT5 and Smash Cars to that list but do note it seems to be only the EU versions that are affected, the US releases work just fine.

This is a serious problem in my opinion, I just hope it is temporary

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you :).

I don't recall it getting a patch but I'm checking it now.

Edit: no patch downloads

I think there's DLC for additional characters though no trophies related to them.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

Well I'm Canadian (pretty sure same as US), and my copy of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle is still at Version 1.0 and I platted it last Summer 2020, so I'm sure there's no download patch involved with the game.

The only thing is that it's a digital copy, but I'm sure even digital copies will still check for updates when first booted up anyways.

• Like 1

Just now, Rick_Sanchez said:

Gran Turismo 5 patch is downloading

Nice ^^

I have news about the Physical Games List, I have received confirmation that most of the games mentioned don't have Patches/is available again (thankfully), so I'll just update the list, unfortunately for some games the situation doesn't change.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Whats the problem? I thought collecting physical games were better than digital. Oh wait...

You can still play physical discs without the patch, oh wait....

One Piece Unlimited World Red and Ken's Rage (1) don't seem to have patches. US Physical copies- installed years ago. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I don't recall it getting a patch but I'm checking it now.

Edit: no patch downloads

I think there's DLC for additional characters though no trophies related to them.

Thanks for the info, I was having kittens thinking this was another game that couldn't download its patch :).

• Like 1

I've gone through all my physical discs. I can't check the PS3 games I've done since those probably already have the patches, but of the 30-40 physical discs that I've not played, about half did not have patches (presumably - says latest version installed when I check), and almost all of the rest all downloaded the patches fine, including some EU and JP discs.

The only one that will not download was NASCAR Days of Thunder. Says it needs v1.01, but I just get an error message repeatedly.

EDIT - Days of Thunder update. So this one is odd. The game isn't playable from disc, it needs to be installed. You can't update the game once installed from the XMB, rather you need to actually launch the game and then it forces the update. Crashed the system once, but then did download the update.

So all my tested physicals updated fine.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 3