Will my save work with the complete edition?

Quink666

Reason im wondering i still have my platinum save from owning the base game, and i just bought the complete edition and instead of downloading the base game + the DLC it downloads a file called Complete Edition? Simply worried it wont work since some base game saves dont work with GOTY editions of the same game.

EDIT: Just a quick edit for anyone in the future wondering. Base game saves works with the digital Complete Edition. Cant say 100% if it will work with physical version of the Complete Edition, but logically it should.

Edited by Quink666

Just now, Dreakon13 said:

If you already bought/downloaded it, and you have the save... you could probably just try it and see if it picks up the save?  Then report back your findings here. ;)

Yeah ive bought it but its 48GB, so i wont be able to play it for another 2-3 hours. It doesnt have like most game where you can start playing it after youv'e downloaded 20%ish  of the game, i need 100% of the game before i can launch it.

Ill report back here later incase anyone else ever wonders the same.

1 minute ago, xRIDONCULOUSx said:

I'm in the same situation, I'd be curious as to whether it works before buying the complete edition. Eagerly awaiting results!

Yeah ill report back in no more then 3-4 hours! Going our for dinner while ill wait for download to complete.

Unsure about this...

I had a completed save where I obtained the platinum and did pretty much everything on (bought on day one), I bought it again when the DLC released and it ended up wiping that save file and replacing it with a new one upon start up, so that completed save file was lost forever and unfortunately wasn't backed up on the cloud storage. So my advice would be to make sure its backed up before starting up the game for the first time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joseph-Follows said:

Unsure about this...

I had a completed save where I obtained the platinum and did pretty much everything on (bought on day one), I bought it again when the DLC released and it ended up wiping that save file and replacing it with a new one upon start up, so that completed save file was lost forever and unfortunately wasn't backed up on the cloud storage. So my advice would be to make sure its backed up before starting up the game for the first time.

Caught this right before i was about to go out. I'll quickly backup my saves before i get the game downloaded.

Edit: Just noticed while trying to backup my save from base game that they are now called Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition. I am almost 100% it was not called this before i started download. I checked earlier today to see i still had the platinum save before deciding to buy the complete edition.

Edited by Quink666

I have saves from the Complete edition and normal one. The only thing it did is just separate them in a way that the ones from the Complete edition are their own and cannot be use during the other save from the normal edition.  I would like to include a picture, but Im at work. 

Edited by EngeldracoKai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EngeldracoKai said:

I have saves from the Complete edition and normal one. The only thing it did is just separate them in a way that the ones from the Complete edition are their own and cannot be use during the other save from the normal edition.  I would like to include a picture, but Im at work. 

Ok, is you normal saves called Complete Edition aswell? Strange thing is im almost 100% sure my saves was just called Horizon Zero Dawn earlier this morning and now after i started the download they are all called HZD Complete Edition even tough i never owned/played the complete edition before today.

35 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Reason im wondering i still have my platinum save from owning the base game, and i just bought the complete edition and instead of downloading the base game + the DLC it downloads a file called Complete Edition? Simply worried it wont work since some base game saves dont work with GOTY editions of the same game.

I'm gonna say no. Witcher 3 vanilla and GOTY saves aren't compatible from what I remember. Imagine it's the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

Hey guys, so to clarify I can use the complete edition disc to access the dlc and continue from my old save file? 

I would guess so. I can use my old base game saves on the digital version of complete edition atleast.

• Like 1

Just now, MeteorHawk said:

It's a real pity the complete edition didn't have a separate trophy list á la Withcer 3 or Shadow of Mordor, I'd have bought it again.

That would have been neat. I decided to play it again to finish all DLC stuff but i wouldn't mind having to plat it again. But i get to play through it once more because of the NG+ trophies, so im a little hyped for that.

8 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah. You can still save your data in cloud storage and back it up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I would guess so. I can use my old base game saves on the digital version of complete edition atleast.

Fantastic thanks! Going to the store today to trade in my HZD disc for a complete edition disc. If all goes well I should get the dlc for a relatively cheap price :)

21 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Fantastic thanks! Going to the store today to trade in my HZD disc for a complete edition disc. If all goes well I should get the dlc for a relatively cheap price :)

depending where you live, they're going for 20-30 on sale. 

also my local game store has a list of trade in values and 1 dayduring the week for only one day you'd get double trade credit. DBXenoverse 2 was listed at 35$ trade in, I got 70. yes. 70$ for Xenoverse 2.

so depending where you go, look and see if your store has deals or lists. may be surprised :)

18 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

depending where you live, they're going for 20-30 on sale. 

also my local game store has a list of trade in values and 1 dayduring the week for only one day you'd get double trade credit. DBXenoverse 2 was listed at 35$ trade in, I got 70. yes. 70$ for Xenoverse 2.

so depending where you go, look and see if your store has deals or lists. may be surprised :)

Wow!! That's pretty cool!

I'm going to my local EB games here since I have a platinum membership with them. I'm going to buy other stuff anyways there. Looking to grab a discounted ps4 controller as well as some other titles if they have them in stock! Not sure if they have an ongoing trade in deal atm but I do know HZD complete edition is going for $30 CAD new. 

On 09/06/2018 at 5:24 AM, PooPooBlast said:

Wow!! That's pretty cool!

I'm going to my local EB games here since I have a platinum membership with them. I'm going to buy other stuff anyways there. Looking to grab a discounted ps4 controller as well as some other titles if they have them in stock! Not sure if they have an ongoing trade in deal atm but I do know HZD complete edition is going for $30 CAD new. 

you just missed a controller sale for days of play.... I bought a new one for 45$. check online but I think that deal is over

as for ongoing deals. trade in 3 titles toward an e3 game get 20% extra credit plus 10% per game if your plat.

I took back 10 games and got 148. bumped to 290. it was nuts. 

just checked.  controllers are 49.99CDN

Edited by LegacyJKO09

49 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

you just missed a controller sale for days of play.... I bought a new one for 45$. check online but I think that deal is over

as for ongoing deals. trade in 3 titles toward an e3 game get 20% extra credit plus 10% per game if your plat.

I took back 10 games and got 148. bumped to 290. it was nuts. 

just checked.  controllers are 49.99CDN

Hehehe actually I not only bought a controller but I got a red magma controller, HZD complete edition, and a $25 card for $86 :) after trading in HZD and SoTC

But thanks for the heads up and that's damn good!

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1