Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

this is my progress from yesterday with devil may cry 5 from 36% to 39% i unlocked some missable trophies it actually worked with obedience training that sure was though trophie but when exactly should i play the vergil character since i got the playable character when everithing is done all the difficult game modes are done and when bloody palace mode also done ?

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

So I thought I would attempt to do a MidnightDragon backlog challenge which co-incides with another backlog challenge.

Here is the List for 2023:

1. Anodyne - 0%
  2. Brothers (PS3) - 4%
  3. Children of Morta - 8%
  4. First Class Trouble - 0%
  5. Garou: Mark of Wolves - 4%
  6. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - 0%
  7. inFamous: First Light - 35%
  8. Monster Energy Supercross - 14%
  9. Nex Machina - 7%
  10. Remothered: Tormented Fathers - 0%

Added. 

21 minutes ago, cstanci said:

Update again - because apparently I am now quarantined with Covid. 

I am TRADING out Thief for Fary Cry 3 Classic. I think I want to enjoy Thief not part of an event. 

Also finished Ghosts of Maple Creek. My first Artifex Mundi and it was...fine.

1. Celeste - 97%

2. Goosebumps: The Game - 100%

3. Far Cry 3 Classic - 0% (SWITCH #1)

4. Black Death: A Tragic Dirge - 100%

5. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek - 100%

Feel better.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cstanci said:

Time for another update! Worked on Celeste and literally only have 1 trophy left and it is killing me - that PICO-8 trophy. For some reason, it is a nightmare for me.

Yeah, I understand the pain. PICO-8 is the only trophy you can't cheese with assist mode. Took me half an hour to get through every level. :P

I'm glad you enjoyed Enigmatis, probably the easiest of the early Artifex Mundi titles(I've played the Nightmares from the Deep trilogy and the Mahjong puzzles were no fun).

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

On 2022-12-20 at 8:33 AM, slicknick3822 said:

I'm going to have to take a break from R&C. I followed a guide for Death by Disco and the trophy still didn't pop and I can't deal with going through a 4th playthrough.

Did you get the tentacles on the the train and both versions of pool shark (swimming and out of water flopping)?

• Like 3

Ugh, Death by Disco is such an annoying trophy to miss because some of the enemies are missable. Keep at it. :(

As for myself, I'm still on the pause menu in Dark Cloud 2. I need to unpause and get back to work on clearing all the Moon Flower Palace challenges so I can beat (spoiler) and get to Chapter 8.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Did you get the tentacles on the the train and both versions of pool shark (swimming and out of water flopping)?

Yeah those are the ones I thought I missed the first time but it's very possible I just missed one of the dance animations. I'll play through it again eventually it's not like the game is hard or long its just kind of annoying that it'll be my 4th time playing through. Oh well it's my own fault!

1 hour ago, Taruta13 said:

Well, I'm getting to the home stretch and may have worried too much about not getting this done before Christmas. I've completed all of the time attack, spheda, and weapon-based challenges in every dungeon. Sure, I still have a bunch of challenges in older dungeons and the Monster Transformation and Items Only challenges in Moon Flower Palace, but those are the only challenges left to do before Moon Flower Palace is 100% and I can fight (redacted) and move on to Chapter 8. I earned two more trophies, the ones for getting Monica and Max their ultimate weapons. The LEGEND was the last weapon I got to. Yeah, their stats suck but I plan on just using proejectiles(gun and armlet) on (redacted) anyways so the Island King and LEGEND are less important. Once I get into Chapter 8 and can buy as many Diamonds as I want, I can just spam those to get those melee weapons to max level.

And yes, I know the Zelmite Mines exist and are even worse than Moon Flower Palace. But at least I will have all the medals from Moon Flower Palace so I can let it disappear. (Oh yeah, the future areas are also gone in Chapter 8 but the stuff they sell is transferred to other people and I already got all of the tiny chests from those areas anyways.

So the only trophies I have left to earn are the following:

• Complete Chapter 7
  • Complete Chapter 8
  • Win Finny Frenzy Master Class(the fish I am breeding over and over again has gotten all stats but strength - which only affects pushing fish out of the way and will be useless for a racer that outpaces everyone - to 25 or higher so it won't be long before I can enter it and sweep the competition)
  • Invent every item(I just need one more scoop on the final boss of Chapter 7 and the mid-boss of Chapter 8 to get the scoops I need for the final items I need to invent)
  • And finally, get all of the medals. This will probably be the last trophy I earn, like the last time.

Wish me luck! I will probably give brief snippets of what I am doing until I get the platinum.

Uh, yeah, I platinumed this game on an older account. Those sections are... something. <_<

i'll wonder what games you will add to your list after finishing the first 5?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

i'll wonder what games you will add to your list after finishing the first 5?

To risk playing the devil's advocate, that's for me to know and you to find out. ;)

Actually, to be honest, I have no idea. I will probably add another of the games I did for KYC 2022 at least since they are all RPGs and therefore take a while.

• Like 3

next year i play the other games but with ultra rare trophies this i unlocked 2 platinum trophie diablo reaper of souls+dlc and persona 5 royal next year i do the hard games started and finished story mode of 1 hard game from devil may cry 5 i going to play next year wolfenstein2 werewolf the apocalyps earthblood 11% crash team racing 1% and crash bandicoot 4 its about time and maybe i start with dragon age inquisition so those are hard games i did at first ezpz and normal easy games like dbz kakarot marvel spiderman and marvel spiderman miles morales persona 5 strikers that was long game so those are my platinum trophies i have earned so far 

• Like 4