All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I reckon i could stomach 15 skirmish maps on Mortain if i don't have to see Driel or El Alamein in between..
  3. :platinum:#410 and 💯% Completion #462

BioShock Infinite (PS4)

L576e59.png

A Couple of Quick Thoughts!!

So, with this game now complete, i now have the 100% in the entire BioShock series, which I'm pretty pleased about....

That being said - what did I think about the game? Honestly, I really like BioShock infinite, very much actually, but - and yes, this is quite a big but.... I think it's probably my least favourite of the three.

I do think it's very good, but I also feel like the way this game plays out is probably why we've not seen a BioShock 4 yet, because they rather wrote themselves into a corner with Infinite.

I feel like from a gameplay perspective it's the absolute pinnacle of the series, and that really can't be denied, yet, I also feel like something is a little lacking in the atmospheric department. Possibly this is down to personal preference though - I prefer the claustrophobic shut in feeling of Rapture, whereas others might prefer the openness, and almost reverie-like feeling that Columbia gives off.

I don't know, some aspects of this just didn't really do all that much for me.... Booker Dewitt is a little bland, and a pretty bog standard Troy Baker performance, I understand that none of the previous BioShock protagonists feel that compelling either, but their silence sort of forces the issue of putting yourself in their shoes. Whereas Elizabeth, she's much more engaging, yes she's a pretty intriguing character... at least until the DLC makes a bit of a mess of her.

It's a little up and down the state of BioShock DLC, I think Minerva's Den in BioShock 2 is incredible, whereas Burial at Sea sort of feels like some really poorly thought out fan fiction, written by someone who idolises Elizabeth as a character, and felt the need to anchor her to every foundation of the original BioShock games, and the world of Rapture.

The irony is, it's very fun to play, and I very much enjoyed it, it's just the more I thought about the implications of certain developments, I kind of found myself wondering "okaaaaaaaaay then" or doing my best Phoebe from Friends impression and just out loud being like "Uhhuh.... yeah.... okay"

I sound like I didn't enjoy it? But I did, I do think this is a very good game, and at times I found it incredibly difficult to put down and stop playing. I also really respect how dark Infinite went with some of it's thematic elements in both the story, and the various pieces of Lore in audio recordings that can be found around Columbia, this game does do world building in an incredibly efficient and clever way.

4. I'm sure I've complained about the fishing trophy before but I'd like to do it again, if I may. I hate fishing in video games. It's tedious and purely RNG. Waste of time entirely. The rest of the list looks good, although I had a tough time reacting to enemy attacks in the demo, so those trophies may be a pain for me. Very happy to see NG+ there day one and not just a single trophy for completing it.
  5. Confirming you can transfer saves and don't even need PS Plus to do so, it will use your saves on the SSD I don't know if trophies autopop though because I don't personally want to
  6. I have the PS4 version that I purchased on PS Store a while back. I downloaded a 9GB patch this morning, but no indication that the game is now a PS5 version. No PS5 version on the PS Store either.
  7. Just downloaded it twice and had no idea why it wasnt working. So stupid!
  8. I own the PlayStation Plus version of Fallout 4, will I also be able to get the free PS5 upgrade? I'm not seeing it in the store for now. Will I have to buy the Ps4/Ps5 option I can see for 19.99€?
  9. the season pass is on sale, but I wanted to know if the platinum trophy was still obtainable, some old posts talk about bugs that do not unlock some trophies and therefore preventing the platinum trophy from being obtained
  10. How do you check datas, i cant find the menu ?
  11. Does it mean I have to uninstall the game and reinstall for the gold rank trophy to appear?
  12. Just when I thought I'd seen everything there is to see in the trophy hunting world, here comes a once Xbox exclusive arriving with a ridiculous 254 trophies on its trophy list. Is this Xbox trying to destroy the trophy system from the inside...? 😜 Honestly, game looks great - looking forward to trying it!
  13. Thanks so much to all responded. I’ll have to wait and see if there’s a trophy guide then. If anything it’s a game I’ll play for fun and even getting at least 180-220 total trophies would be a win in my book/list. Probably even 160-175 trophies obtained/an “A” if the game is that good.
  14. Curious, where ps5 version trophies on fallout 4. That way I can auto pop all trophies on ps5 version
  15. You definetly dont need to level Ryne, I never leveled her up. I cant contribute to any effectiveness regarding this trophy (hence this thread) since i messed up because of the german description...
  16. one thing i hate about metroidvanias is all the backtracking and trying to remember where you couldn't go before but you usually can mark the map. why this game doesn't have a marker system i'll never know(unless it unlocks later?) and the fast travel stations are annoyingly out of the way of every collectable lol. thankfully there isn't actually that much to collect but ty for the vid anyway
  17. Yeah I downloaded the PS4 version earlier in the week and it just takes me to it. No PS5 version somehow. Going to see if I still have the receipt somewhere.
  18. Did they just pop as you entered a game because I also have a ton of these from Xbox and PC but nothing is popping for me.
  19. EDIT: Guess I should keep waiting. Not sure if this will properly update and I'm actually downloading the PS5 version or not. It reads one thing then says another when I click on it.
  20. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13906-tales-of-arise/JelloDLuffy My nomination for the golden game
  21. Same here PS4 GOTY edition changed from saying Purchased to now £34.99.
  22. I played the disc version on PS4 and still have my 100% save however you can't use that disc version save on the PS4 digital version, I have a Digital only PS5, can anyone tell me if I will be able to use my original PS4 save to pop some trophies? I'm guessing not.
  1. Load more activity