All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Fun fact: PSN does not accept ProtonMail. I usually use Premium e-mails for security purposes, however Sony did not accept the two paid e-mails options I have, and I was forced to use classic Gmail when creating this account.

3. I came to terms with being unable to clear my backlog a long time ago. However, there are still a bunch of games on there that for whatever reason have fell to the wayside, and I do want to get to sooner than later. So each year, I try to make a small, reasonable list of some backlog games...maybe like 10 games. If I finish at least 5 of them, I'll be happy. Of course this is on top of any newer releases, games I'm actively working on etc. I used to have lists upon lists of what I was gonna play in attempts to really put a dent in the backlog, but it just burned me out, or began to feel very robotic and chore-like, and then I abandon it. So now, as long as I can finish a few of them here and there, I'm content with it.
  4. I can confirm it works, not that there was any doubt! I discovered an additional factoid. If you did what I did and started over with the workaround (changing the system language), you can continue using that save file! Before, saves were exclusive to the system language -- you couldn't load the foreign save with your home tongue. This practically confirms the glitch was tied to language. I encountered the crash only a few days before the patch released, but fortunately it isn't that arduous to reach Far Drop anyway. 100 Precursor Orbs isn't a grind, either -- I met the requirements in Far Drop, and I didn't even collect the hide-and-seek or Eco energy orbs! A couple of backlogged YouTube videos later I was caught up, with no wasted scrap to boot. I am glad I don't have to switch the system language every time I want to play this game, though. On an unrelated note, apparently the Tomb Raider trilogy is fixed too. Patches for bygone games seem to take a little while but they do come. Keep backups whenever you can, in case something else breaks.
  5. Yep, I was thinking the same thing lol. Trophy hunting can be an enormous time waster and generally leads to a bigger backlog. Doing my best to get what I can within reason and move on and just enjoy a more general gaming experience. After all, we have a limited number of disposable hours and we’re not going to be thinking, hey I really wish I got more plats on our death beds πŸ˜‰
  6. Imma start doing new stuff with my YouTube channel. In between song releases imma post practicing uke vids until June. Once June hits imma start doing walking and talking content and uke practicing content. I want to see how well this goes.Β 

7. Backlog will remain undefeated. I still have PS3 games more than a decade old haunting me. Maybe I will reach 90+ years of age and won't even get to it.
  8. I was gifted a code from Afil Games. All timestamps are linked in the video. There are 41 puzzles you must complete. You must also purchase 1o hats (the bunny hat is linked to another trophy where you have to complete a level wearing it. Using the guide you can earn all 23 trophies in about 30 minutes - 1 hour. I hope this complies with the rules of posting in this forum!
  9. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Bonds of Friendship will make all the Brutal challenges (Ruler of the Outer Worlds included) look like a joke πŸ˜‚ The only bad Brutal challenge IMO is The Seventh Seal because of that damn Gigaworm, but I beat the other four on my first try and Optinoob's Brumal Form strat makes the sixth one a cakewalk. As for the Legendary challenges, I found the solo ones pretty manageable but again, Bonds of Friendship will make you want to pull your hair out. Once you beat that one, To Be Hero will be a breeze as it's basically the same as BOF only Sephiroth is a much stronger than Zack which makes it a lot easier. I struggled a lot with Bahamut until I realized how to prevent myself from getting damaged when he does Xenodrive mode. When he does Particle Charge for the third time, there's not gonna be enough time to pressure him with Aerora so I suggest using the Synergy Ability to cancel him out of it. If he powers up with Xeno, I noticed getting far away with Cloud or Zack will have him just focus on the other character. Yup! Blocking with Prime Mode and Counterfire will allow you to deal with most of Bahamut's attacks. The only problem is if he does into Xenodrive mode.
  10. You want to get through your backlog? The quickest way imo is stop collecting trophies. Can turn a 30 hour game into 80+ hours sometimes (e.g. Death Stranding). Play a game, enjoy the story, collect what you can (if you want to), move to the next one. Personally I would just cull an entire gen if need be. I did that with PS3. I have no way currently to play the games anyway so I sold my collection and moved on. Sure I'll no doubt miss out on some great titles but you can't play everything.
  11. I threw this in as I was feeling a bit rotten and wanted to push my ABC challenge a bit. Ni No Kuni will have to wait. #114: Newt One A really simple platformer with some tricky jump. The goal is to color in the levels and there are four stages with six levels, but you can find a wand that will color in everything around you. You collect notes to get palette swaps of your costume and the platinum just requires you to rescue all the parrots in the levels, color in all the levels(which the wands make easy) and get all the costume color swaps(you get a new color swap every time you collect 50 notes). I am glad you don't have to get perfect runs as it was impossible for me to avoid falling into the abyss over and over.
  12. I really love this game since I played the 3DS version about 7 years ago, I can't wait to get the platinum
  13. I personally find the term Backlog offensive and unnecessary. I came to terms with the fact that I will never ever in a million years complete my own backlog of games. And I also learned through many years of game-playing and serious trophy-hunting, that no matter what I do, it will never happen. So, why bother agonizing over it. It's no fun. As long as they are making games, and we are all buying them, there-in lies the problem. Especially for completionists and the like. I am willing to bet that most of us buy way more games than we can ever hope to finish. If I cloned myself 10 times (lol) and had all my clones play my games 24/7 like machines across multiple consoles, then and only then will I ever get my back log done. Yeah right, like that's ever going to happen. But what would be the point then. Perfection doesn't exist. And it's apparent that many gamers believe they can achieve total completion. Of course that doesn't exist if you only have a handful of games to play. I love trophies but hate what I have become - a trophy-whore. Tough cookies, right? Serious gaming also includes, these days, server closures, games being delisted, prioritizing, game-breaking patches. Plus many other factors that add even more stress. Games leaving subscription services is a great example. We are by nature all a bit greedy when it comes to trophy-hunting, or we wouldn't be here right now discussing this. This backlog dilemma is nothing new. It dates back to PS1 games and even farther back. The only difference between now and then is we have trophies, achievements needing/wanting to be had. We are trophy-driven to sometimes crazy heights without even realizing it until we first use the word Backlog. Gasp! Boosting games that have dead lobbies is also stressful in many cases. Especially when some games require a minimum of 4-6 players to even start a match. Hunters Arena is a prime example of this. 12 players/accounts to start a match. That in itself is annoying. Grindy games - take your pick. Plenty to choose from. This is yet another factor in gaming, and going for that 100%. Games that constantly add DLC. If you're into 100%'s then this can more to your backlog plate. Yay! People who torture themselves endlessly over their backlog need to realize that it's become like a job you either love or hate. We all have our own goals in video-gaming, but be brutally honest with yourself, who here really believes they will ever 100% complete their backlogs in trophy-hunting? I'm not trying to discourage anyone, or be a wet blanket, but be realistic. I myself have learned that Backlog is just a state of being that way too many people get stuck in, like a huge Rut. Play your games, earn your trophies, have fun as much as possible, but try to keep perspective if at all possible. Then you will be happier. It's like anything in life, people are so obsessed and single minded about certain things that it potentially becomes self-destructive. Look at any shows on TV about hoarders and you will see what I mean. Many people are like that, but with video-games and trophies. That's just my 2 cents worth for now. Edit - I have so many games on different PS consoles, that sometimes when I think too much about it, my head implodes. And I'm certain that many others are in the same boat, and even worse. It may be time to get picky with your purchases etc.
  14. Okay, I retract my statement. Looks like you were on to something. I just reached Chapter 7 after only about 3 hours πŸ˜‚ Okay so let me get this straight, gaming 70 hours a week is totally normal but having civil debate on forums (which amounts to minutes a day) is a waste of time...I can't tell if you're being serious or if this is an attempt at satire. "500 platinums is nothing lol" I swear you people live in a fantasy. Maybe if you stuck hour head out of this echo chamber with all your other trophy whore friends then you'd realize you comprise a tiny fraction of gamers. Okay, now you're attacking me for having 200 Platinums that I painstakingly earned over the course a decade plus?? Oh so now I have too much free time on my hands? I thought 500 Platinums was "nothing", so by comparison 200 is obviously be miniscule by your own standards πŸ˜‚ You're literally contradicting yourself at every angle. I seriously struggle to understand how you think this is a sound argument. His Platinum has nothing to do with the topic? Him criticizing "too much free time" for discussing this topic with other people makes it relevant to the topic. You can't tell people with a straight face that they're wasting their lives away when you're sitting there with 500 Platinums...naturally, I felt obligated to highlight the hypocrisy. And for whatever reason there seems to be double standards for people who agree with you and those who don't. Except I don't have a lot of free time. I only get 3-4 hours of free time on the weekdays and I choose to allocate most of it towards gaming, which forces me to sacrifice other hobbies, so I wish I possessed the abundance of free time you're accusing me of having. Life would be a lot more enjoyable if I did. The site owner purposely turned off auto-updates? That's odd, wonder why he did that. Yes I knew you were talking about PSN Trophy Leaders I just didn't understand why the vagueness was necessary - it's not your site's competition you're trying to maintain LOL. Exactly. If this game was so easy, we wouldn't need to utilize the absolutely broken builds online that focus on the repeating the same exact attack (Aeroga). If this game was actually a 6/10, I should've been able to get through those challenges using my own normal builds without having to put too much thought into it. Preaching to the choir. I'm just trying to have a civil debate here yet I'm being ridiculed for asking a fair question πŸ˜‚ I swear sometimes it feels like people interpret this stuff like it's a personal attack LOL. Funny you should ask that, when all he's doing is pointing out the people who're making counterproductive comments that don't add any value to the discussion, yet I don't see you criticizing them. Buddy, again, you're in no position to dictate what others do in their free time when you're able to game for 60+ hours a week. Unlike you, not everyone has that kind of luxury. What context? That it took you a whopping 13 years to attain 500+ Platinums? πŸ˜‚ Oh well's that's only 40 Platinums a year! Should be easy as cake, I wonder why more people don't get Plats that quickly πŸ€”
  15. Mine took about 5 or so days to arrive. How much did you pay? As they're supposed to be cheaper when purchasing from direct (NOT eBay), in order to avoid both parties paying taxes and fees. You also actually help them out more, not just yourself when buying direct as you save them from extortion as well. My price was posted above somewhere - I bought two copies. I even went back to them and purchased another game. They will be my go to for unique Chinese-esque style games from now on.
  16. None of the trophies are glitched, and no trophies truly missable because of level select. Most of the trophies are gotten either naturally or through weapon kills, but there's three trophies in particular that can be easily overlooked, and all of them are in Level 4: Mars Lower. Murder on the Dance floor - You will reach the dance club shortly into the level. After you grab the PDA at the bar and decode it at the terminal, stay on the dance floor and you'll see on the projection screen a timer of 3 min start where you have to defend dance floor until time is up, which is fairly easy to do when only two enemies come at you every 10 seconds. Monkey Business - In the room with the second PDA, there are a bunch of jail cells. Look into each one to spot an monkey, and pop a trophy. Pure Gold Does Not Fear The Flame - When you reach jungle portion of the level, the golden gun is one of the plant troughs in the middle of the room. Enjoy a shiny new platinum! It takes about two hours to run through the game.
  17. Game guides are mostly the reason that nearly every game's trophy list isn't that rare anymore. People vastly underestimate the impact that they have on the difficulty of games or anything else for some reason. Someone telling you exactly how to do something with the easiest known method will make any game that does not have heavy muscle memory requirements or heavy RNG be considerably easier. It isn't that hard to copy other people's winning strategy. It's like someone telling you the exact notes of a song on guitar with an accompanying video of exactly how they played it and what equipment they used versus just hearing the song on the radio and attempting to play it completely by ear without any visual aids or information. The thing is most games are considerably less demanding than guitar is for muscle memory so that's not the best analogy but it gets the point across. Knowing exactly what to do without having to put any strategy or effort into discovering what works for yourself while not giving up and continually adapting when things don't work makes a big difference. As time goes on better strategies and information are found as well so game guides and strategies get more effective with time. It is far easier to 100% games that have been out for a while when you can leverage years of collective knowledge in making the game easier than doing it shortly after release. Exploits and other cheese strategies are usually found with popular games that have a lot of people playing them and trying to find easy ways complete them. In the case of FF7 Rebirth, the Brumal Form + ATB ward strat and support materia stacking on the same "type" of magic so that it rolls all the effects onto the same cast with genji glove have mostly broken the end game content. The plat rarity will continue to go up as most of the limiting factor is just that it takes a long time to do all the content.
  18. Oh man, I'm so stoked! I never got to play it when it was on DS but now I can! 😁
  19. Crysis 3 is offline as well. That one sucks, for sure. Try finding 100 people that play that now. This one on Xbox is pretty bad too. NBA Live 07- Be online when there are 1000 people online at the same time.
  20. Just wondering how long it will take. Im currently playing and plan to platinum no matter the number, but wondering if you would tend to get this during both campaigns
  21. You don't need a lot of people to start mass races. I know this is a few months late, but the PS5 races (Ive only done 2) were super crowded. Both started with a full group. However, I've played some on Xbox, and started a mass race this morning with just 3 of us. Just info for future readers of this thread
  22. Today
  23. Yes, just all Infected Intel. I just submitted trophy guides for the base game and for the DLC including a video guide for the intel. Guides should be up in the next few days depending on how much stuff is in the guide team's queue currently.
  24. Here's hoping. I'm trying to be spoiler free, and I'm intrigued by what sort of insanity Clive can unleash with Ultima powers. But I don't want to play very very hard content to get it.
  25. Thanks for the guide. I love these type of games. Is it a cross-buy?
  1. Load more activity