All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In summer my PS5 brings the warning 20 times and instant shutdown like 5 times a day and it’s still running 🤣 When it reaches a critical heat point it should shut down to prevent damage. Wouldnt suggest risking it anyway. Just saying, don’t worry if it happens once a while.
  3. Don’t know whether they have removed it or what but I re-downloaded it to get the trophies and nothing shows up in the quick play category of versus like it’s just a black screen. Don’t really know what’s going on
  4. Time for an update Deep Purple Tinykin: Really fun game a lot like Pikmin, except your "Pikmin" can't die so it's much more chill. Purple Thirsty Suitors: Could have gone with yellow on this one but I need a purple. Cool game about food, skateboarding, and fighting your exes like Scott Pilgrim. Light Blue Convergence: League of Legends based Metroidvania. I went with light blue because that is what I feel the vibe is in the artwork. Orange Contrast: Old PS3 light and shadows puzzle game. The text seems orange enough to pass to me. Red Spider-Man 2: That's red, baby. Black Lies of P: Bloodbourne crossed with Pinocchio. Liked this one a lot. Black background. Maroon Ultros: Psychedelic Metroidvania/time loop/gardening sim. Definitely an odd one but I really liked it. Went with maroon on this one. Tan The Entropy Centre: Portal-like puzzler but instead of a portal gun you get a time-rewinder gun. Bittersweet story that I liked a lot. Went with tan. Blue Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown: Great Metroidvania. My man's got the blue flames.
  5. (Firstly I should say I appreciate you keeping a leveled tone in the reply as a whole.) Oh that. It was more not knowing what you were talking about, rather than not knowing of what the actual thing is that you were (vaguely) referring to. I'm not familiar enough with this particular subject to more strongly comment on that, and I don't quite have the time now to dig. The interesting thing is even if what you said were true, it wouldn't matter because in addition to GoT showing its worth in being able to win more awards than TLOU2 at events like the D.I.C.E. Awards—which is astronomically more credible than the awfully undependable Game Awards and their awfully defective voting jury—TLOU2 itself is involved in some-sized list of rigged events, including non-game awards shows. Meaning TLOU2 isn't innocent itself... and if anything, more guilty of biased "coordinated efforts" generally. Completely agree with the last point in your third paragraph though, especially The Game Awards to point to one in particular - which is among, if not the, most popular game award show... something that takes people themselves and their [serious] engagement with it for that to be. After the context you later provided, I can agree. Because you gotta understand in your original post it narrowly comes across as "there was a coordinated effort", which in that sense also applies on the side of the other game. "Promote" and "encourage" are different things from "explicitly telling" your audience directly to vote for your game and with bad intentions in mind (<-these two being synonymous with my actual previous point), neither of which was the case with Sucker Punch and their Ghost of Tsushima. (I should probably repeat again that I appreciate you keeping the tone in this overall interaction non-hostile, especially in the personally attacking sense.) If I wanted to get across that it sold badly or so, I would have just said it outright but I made sure not to. Overall I think I choose my words decently. As for "sales data = game reception", my point of course isn't one dimensional like that. In totality, from 2020-2022, it's transparent there was a correlation though - the impressive opening week sales that beat MSM and GoW (2018) was definitely contributed by that previously mentioned deceptive marketing and insane review embargo control that couldn't talk about Abby and so fourth, and what would be disingenuous is to call it a coincidence that the second week onward saw a tremendous drop in sales... AND... contrasted to various other first party Sony games that had a significantly less drop during their second weeks... ... the hole(s) goes even deeper, but it's unneeded to go further on this point... ... so to the next point. Furthermore Ghost of Tsushima, a brand new IP and which launched only a mere month afterwards, proceeded to top TLOU2's July sales. This was a consecutive streak for GoT the whole year until... the one month with that famous Black Friday holiday, which curiously had TLOU2 $10-cheaper than GoT. It's no surprise why TLOU2 finally topped it that one month. Backing up a tad, data also showed that by August TLOU2 dropped out the Top 10 for multiple monthly sales chart while GoT eventually did too *BUT* was still continuously above it. By the end of the year GoT, the new first party exclusive with no install-base and that launched a whole month after TLOU2, was also officially labeled the top downloaded/digitally selling PS4 exclusive of 2020. If the positive narrative(s) that TLOU2 was really this "masterpiece" game and is "not controversial" was true, it shouldn't have gotten beaten by a new IP like this, in addition to the points brought up in the previous post. — A sequel, one of the most anticipated of all time, to one of the most common games cited as "the best ever made" (even moreso a decade ago), having the highest budget among any other first party Sony game at the time ever, should have done...FAR... better than what it had. It underperformed within context (for what it is, what it means, what went into it, and the expectations had for it). Now... 2023-onward (which is moving the goalpost) the sales have increased sizably, due exclusively to the releases of the HBO show (which was reported that each episode boosted the sales of the series), the release of the first game's remake mainly on PS5 (because well, Naughty Dog shit the bed with the abysmal in-house PC release...), and insignificantly-justified remastered release of TLOU2. All of that also confirmed. Naughty Dog, TLOU2 and the state of the series are extremely lucky for and to be able to fall back on the commercially successful HBO show and PS5 remake of the first game... seriously... even moreso after the following cancellation of the decently anticipated and heavily hyped-up-by-dev-team (<-also mislead us) "Factions 2" with all the resources that went into that for several confirmed years. The only reason why I responded to it is because it didn't look like a joke, but to move things forward the confirmation is nice. That last line in your first paragraph- Since you're making that case, as a side point I think it's important to acknowledge the supporters get needlessly triggered themselves when the game is both criticized or claimed divisive. And it's been much more common to see supporters attacking the haters, even when there's no present opposition from the latter, than the other way around. Again, it looked the opposite of accepting, not banning, and not dictating by your claim of the game not belonging here and the following defensive argument why, but I just responded to that already. If what you're saying now is true though, that's cool. Even though we kept things civil, I'd still rather step down now and move on (from this meta discussion anyway). Although I would lastly like to say I agreed with multiple other areas of your original first post regarding other games, especially what you said about Styx: Master of Shadow (the port of a PC game) and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (which I played competitively).
  6. New update! Adding L to the list thanks to L.A. Noire. # Anthem Brawlhalla Chivalry 2 Dragon Age: Origins E Fallout 4 God of War III Human Fall Flat Infamous Second Son J K L.A. Noire Mass Effect: Andromeda N Outer Wilds PowerWash Simulator Q Red Dead Redemption 2 Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Titanfall 2 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End V We Were Here X Y Z
  7. Hey, this one should be „Heat Shot“ - Check the EMA-0 Base, North of Emea - Should be in the „Officer Room“ or whatever that Room was called again (the one with the locked door). Regards, zerbji
  8. I will join if anyone is still going for it. All I need for.the platinum is multiplayer trophies. Please help. Text me at 228 213 7275
  9. It continues, but - I have seen some positive posts from devs on discord and a size-able content update with a bug fix for the bugged trophy is being worked on, the developers “want to make sure they get this right” before they put this through and want to make sure everything is correct and not glitching before its put live,So this is very encouraging.
  10. New update! L.A. Noire joins the list (this bad boy fits in so many different challenges for me, I love it)!
  11. This game is unlikely to have been responsible for the overheating. It is not a very intensive game at all.
  12. New update! Yellow: L.A. Noire. Funny that with that name they went with a warm yellow instead of a black title image.
  13. Between buying less games and know when let a game go I reduce my backlog at a good pace. Right now I have 60 games in the backlog and I think i can play them in 2 o 3 years, and then play the next 60 games in another 3 years, and so on...
  14. Finished God of War 2.

I liked the intro part, the first couple of locations (the Steeds of Time), the lore about the titans, and the battle with the first two Sisters of Fate. Some puzzles were pretty good too, I guess. But as the time it took me to beat it (2 months) suggests, all in all, I didn't enjoy this game very much. In the middle parts, starting with the swamp area, I would play it for an hour and leave it for a week or two. I was just not having fun.

And it's not 100% the game's fault, definitely. I could have enjoyed it more if I returned to it a couple years later after beating GoW1, have a break between them. With that said, I'll point out things I can confidently say my enjoyment was hindered by.

• I wasn't invested in this story. I shared my thoughts on the premise earlier: it didn't make a lot of sense to me - Kratos essentially gets killed for doing his job a little too well. The revenge plot against Zeus didn't move me forward as much as revenge against Ares in the first game did. Whereas the first game was building up the rage, the sequel didn't motivate me at all. The characters you meet didn't help either:
    Spoiler

the lead-ups to fights with Perceus and Icarus in particular are some of the stupidest cutscenes I've ever seen. You meet them -> they act like brainless morons -> the fight starts. Athena would've been an interesting boss, she's one of the only more or less prominent characters that has a complicated relationship with Kratos. Instead, she dies in a cutscene. Very quickly and suddenly.

• I feel like a lot of gameplay situations were designed to be annoying instead of fun. What do I mean by that? Here's an example. You're on a platform that you have to manually move down by grabbing a chain and mashing :circle:. But wait, it's full of enemies that interrupt you every few seconds, so you have to fight them. But wait, the spiky ceiling is descending too, so be fast or get turned into a very flat piece of swiss cheese. But wait, the enemies also regenerate, so you have to use the finisher. My question is: at what point am I supposed to have fun? The game is full of similar scenarios. GoW1 did some of that too: "kill the enemies, but do it over here, otherwise they will respawn". GoW2 went overboard with stuff like this.

• I didn't find much use for longer combos. Bigger enemies interrupt your attacks all the time. And I don't think you can cancel many of these moves (like :l1:+:circle:). I had to rely on the old "hit, hit, dodge" or "hit, hit, parry" and magic often. The worst part is Medusas. If you're in the middle of a combo animation, you can be turned into stone by them very quickly (some medusas can freeze you instantly as well) while another enemy, as if planned, attacks 0.2 seconds later resulting in an insta-kill. Start the 10-minute fight over. Situations like this made me disregard weapons even more.

I think the intro fight against the Colossus was the highpoint of the game for me, unfortunately.

I don't really want to get the platinum. Although I'm interested in checking out the challenges. After that I'll either start another retro game or Sly 1 (which probably also qualifies as retoro at this point).

1. Slava

Slava

Also, I think the Temple of the Fates is not nearly as interesting as Pandora's Tower from the first game

2. Lord_of_Ra

Lord_of_Ra

There's a key reason why everyone is hostile towards Kratos. If it wasn't mentioned here, then it's on the third game where they reveal it.

15. Same happened to a friend today. All abilities mastered, but no trophy. An online research showed that you have to download the "The Rising Tide" DLC, start the game, forget one ability and learn it again. Then the trophy should pop (we could not try that, because we do not have the DLC). This would explain the recent Masterclass achievers not owning a single DLC trophy - the additional eikons are not required. What we tried so far and what did NOT help: Forget one ability and master it again Forget all abilities and master them again Uninstall the game, deactivate network connectivity and reinstall it from disc (savefile cannot be loaded with an old version) Uninstall the game and reinstall it with all updates I hope this will be fixed. It would be stupid to make a DLC mandatory for a basegame (platinum) trophy.
  16. Great list btw… but, can you tell us your source bruh? I can’t wait to get the platinum trophy like every year 🫡😂
  17. Wondering if anyone else has had any problems with this trophy... The guide says you will get this trophy naturally after doing the last mission, but I beat the game on the easiest difficulty and did not get the trophy. I am now doing a second playthrough on nightmare difficulty and I have completed 2 MAIN mission objectives and extracted and it hasn't popped. I've even done a secondary objective as well and still nothing. I'm worried that this trophy is bugged for me. Has anyone else had this issue?
  18. New update! I just finished L.A. Noire. I'm glad to be done, I wasn't a fan of the collectibles. The story was unexpected, as were some of the twists during cases. Overall a nice experience, and I'll be looking for more detective games. I've also gone and looked at my games drawer, and found two more PS3 games. Started: Not started: Finished:
  19. I thought I'd hop on here and let people know that you can skip story cutscenes by entering 'N0CUTS' in the cheat menu. You can do this for most lego games too if you want to speedrun the platinum! I think most people know this by now but thought I'd share it for those who weren't aware (I only found this out a couple of months ago) I hope this helps!
  20. New entry: O5 - With Mystery or Detective Themes: L.A. Noire. The story took a turn that I wasn't expecting. It's a fine game, considering how original it is and what it tried to achieve when it came out. I'll have to play more detective games, I like them. And that's a bingo, baby.
  21. I already completed that level and fed the jellyfish the corn. Is it possible to just delete my saved game and start again so I can do this process?
  22. Oh yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. GoW Valhalla absolutely puts this mode to shame. Not even close. I'm really not a fan of any of the endgame content in 16 (arcade mode, final chronolith trials, Kairos Gate, etc...). These devs really don't know how to design fun modes imo. The scoring system, for example, is complete ass. The way you have to do as little damage as possible and play as inefficiently as possible to get S ranks is really, really dumb.
  23. MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA Pyrotechnics Expert Light three enemies on fire with one continuous Flamethrower attack. (Single-Player)
  24. Jesus Christ be praised! If it weren't for the bugs, I would consider the first one, a masterpiece. Let's see what happens with the second. Now excuse me, it's dinner time. I feel quite hungry.
  1. Load more activity