All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's for everything other than the PS4, the in game menu tells you it's 1.13.
  3. Platinum #171 Need for Speed Unbound The Need for Speed! - The Need for Speed! 49,325 Owners -535 Achievers for a percentage of 12.81% (Rare) (average completion; 31.17%) Enjoyment; 6/10 Difficulty; 4/10 Trophies; 2/10 (pretty unique tiles, but I hope you like collectibles) HEY SPEEDIE; 10/10 It had been a while since I last played a Need for Speed game. That was Most Wanted, which I got for free as part of EA's 25th anniversary, on the Vita, which I Platinum'd on the 4th of January 2015. It remained the only NFS I had ever played until Unbound entered the PS Plus Extra line-up as one of its headliner games for last month. Now, 3,397 days after I unlocked Most Wanted's Plat, I've got my second NFS Plat. The previous entry in the series, 2019's NFS Heat, was made by Ghost Games but it was the fabled racing game studio Criterion that helmed development for Unbound. The first next-gen game in the series, EA made the refreshing decision not to launch it on PS4/XBone which allowed the devs to really take advantage of modern platforms without being held back by increasingly antiquated hardware. I was impressed with Unbound's technical aspects, with quick load times, smooth and crisp graphics, and a solid framerate throughout my 40ish hours with the game. Perhaps the headlining feature compared to previous entries is the fact that character models and driving effects have a 'unique' cell-shaded anime-inspired look, as seen above. This is uncanny valley territory more than anything else when it comes to the humans, while the flourishes added to the cars such as exaggerated clouds of smoke and the like really don't do anything at all. Different for the sake of being different, perhaps. From a gameplay perspective, there isn't much I can really say without sounding like a doofus because racing games usually just aren't my bag - meaning that I cannot really evaluate its gameplay mechanics in any kind of depth. I find driving - IRL and in video games - to be quite unenjoyable, and merely a means to an end (go from A to B, and nothing more). The odd racing game thrown into my collection makes for a solid break from other genres though, and Unbound filled that role quite nicely even if I did recently play another racer (the cynical LEGO 2K Drive). Set in a incredibly generic open world based on Chicago and its surrounding counties (called 'Lakeshore' to drive the point home), Unbound offers a rather superfluous story to propel you from one single player race to the next. You're an orphan, you finally managed to buy a car to go racing with, your friend reluctantly betrays you, you enter the underground racing scene, bla bla bla, you're now champion of the city, hurray. Nothing of particular note there, but then you shouldn't be playing racing games for the story anyway, surely? There is also a pretty hamfisted cameo role for rap artist A$AP Rocky, but I don't know who he is other than knowing his name through cultural osmosis, so yeah. That's a thing. Ultimately, it was all just relatively mindless fun. The game seriously abuses rubberbanding which ruined a fair number of races for me, but never to the point where I got overly frustrated. The story is over in a flash with little challenge, and while there are no fewer than ten online-only Trophies, just one of them poses any kind of serious issue. Full House requires you to finish a so-called Playlist of races with a full lobby, meaning you are reliant on randoms to A. fill up the lobby and B. not drop out between races, but post-release updates introduce single-race-lists which unlock the Trophy even if someone drops out. With the boost in playercount from being included in PS Plus, getting the lobby filled only took a few tries. Actual gameplay-related difficulty comes from the annoying Flow Master, which requires a relatively challenging score to be attained in a Takeover event, but even that can be knocked out with some care, thought, and a properly upgraded car. As mentioned previously I spent about 40 hours with the game, and most of that time is ultimately spent on a needlessly large set of challenges and collectibles found across the open world. Challenges comprised of speedruns (go from A to B under a certain target time), speed traps (hit a single checkpoint with a speed of X or above), drift zones (get a drift score of X or above on a certain route), and long jumps (get X metres in the air from a ramp). Collectibles consisted of a set of bizarre identical bear-shaped balloons, billboards to smash through, and some of the ugliest graffiti/street art known to man. All in all, this game was really just an exercise in endlessly spinning the wheels (get it? Wheels. Driving game. I will see myself out) by mopping up all those repetitive collectibles and running the same races over and over again for the story and online mode. But it was inoffensive. It was mindless. And it never truly frustrated as long as you knew what you were doing. If you have the time to burn, and you don't want a game to challenge your mind or your skills, I'd say you should give Unbound a go while you still can via PS Plus Extra. If you aren't a subscriber, though, then maybe give the game a miss until it invariably ends up in PS Plus Essential. And if you don't subscribe to that either, then maybe don't bother unless you find a second-hand physical copy for 5 bucks or less. Inoffensive is good for a 'free' subscription game, but to spend actual money outside of PS Plus, I would expect a bit more.
  4. I would like to sign up with Life is Strange: Before the Storm.
  5. I'm going to attempt the 100% in this even after reading all the comments. Hopefully it goes well.
  6. The white color for ps5 games looks neat, thanks for the implementation!
  7. Gather round children while pappy funboy tells you about his first platinum. It was a baumy summer day. July 8th to be exact, just three days after my birth day waaaaay back in 2013. I hadn't had my playstation very long at that point was about the farthest thing from a trophy hunter you could be, then it happened. I hear the musical sound of that platinum popping, and a shiver went down my spine. from that moment on, I was hooked. I wasn't good at trophy hunting but i considered myself one. The pure adrinaline rush of earning all those trophies, almost like a drug. Been hunting off and on ever since. What was that platinum that started me on my addiction? well children it was none other than the plat for Now, excuse me while i yell at some kids for being on my lawn.
  8. "9313": { "title": "Madden NFL 20", "platforms": [ "PS4" ], "submitter": "Obama1337_", "note": "Madden 20 online servers have been shut down on 15.04.2024", "trophies": [ 1, 23, 27, 28, 35, 36, 37, 38 ], "timestamp": 1713871387187 },
  9. Currently have: PlayStation: PlayStation (have 2 for some reason 🤷‍♂️ 😅) PlayStation 2 Slim (2nd model with internal power supply) PlayStation Portable Slim (1st Slim Model) PlayStation Portable "Street" (EU (and JP?) Exclusive... Have 2 for whatever reason) PlayStation 3 Slim (Blu-Ray Drive is dead) PlayStation 3 Super Slim PlayStation Vita Slim (Imported New from Asia, so X/O are reversed for me, have a 64GB memory card for it) PlayStation 4 Ultimate Player Edition (the All Matte, 1TB Version of the OG PS4... Got it in 2015) PlayStation 5 (OG, Disc Drive) Nintendo: Wii U Deluxe (Black with 32GB memory... Basically my "Metroid Machine") New Nintendo 3DS XL (Grey) Nintendo Switch OLED (traded my Day 1/Midnight Launch Switch for the OLED on that systems Launch) Xbox: Xbox 360 S (4GB Version, bought a 500GB HDD which is actually aftermarket... Gotta grab a genuine one so I can play BackCompat OG Xbox stuff on it 😒) Xbox One X ("Project Scorpio Edition", grabbed this to catch up on Xbox games in early 2021 when PS5/XsX were near impossible to get (managed to get both around 6 Months later lol) and the first X1X HDD died, I have all my electronics in Black and they didn't have anymore X1X systems in Black... Till he walked out from the back with this one 😲 My friend, big Xbox fan, is super jealous 🤣) Xbox Series X (The "Glorified Xbox 360")
  10. You are from Belgium right? That is the reason. I think the Benelux countries have a ban on lootboxes. Its available anywhere else
  11. Can anyone recommend me any anime

1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. Fenrir2284
    3. HuntingFever

HuntingFever

I'll PM you a list later on today, because it is too long for a status update :).

4. Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

If you like horror, I’ve been recently watching the Junji Ito collection. It’s all on YouTube free as well

12. Sorry to hear that. I guess you have to wait till Ubisoft fix that.
  13. I'm gonna play life strange first then tell you when I'm done
  14. Cool, thanks for the info, I wouldn't be using the micro transactions because it's apparently just a time save and everything can be obtained without, but good to hear the UK version is still up, I'll probably pick that up to be sure.
  15. Sounds like a relatively big undertaking, like your Witcher 3 guide.
  16. My first platinum was inFamous Second Son, in the past I played a lot of inFamous & inFamous 2, back then I tried to get the platinum with inFamous 2, but I kind of got burned out because I did it completely wrong, when they announced inFamous 2, I had to get the PS4 and I wanted to make inFamous Second Son my first platinum which happened indeed.
  17. So no known examples of this happening to people playing the PlayStation versions yet… What makes this “likely they might be able to on PlayStation”? Beyond pure speculation?
  18. I like to do that, I sometimes like been the last person to get the trophies, and I like to live dangerously..
  19. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. (also recently completed the EU stack) Great collection of Sega games on a disc, totally worth it if you like classic games.
  20. @Copanele @AK-1138 @FreshFromThaDeli @Yuber6969 @KindaSabbath @Thedah @DeepEyes7 @x410xDragon @Gotakibono @DrBloodmoney @Lord_of_Ra @Sergen @Groudon9000 Batman Arkham Knight: Road to 100% (Progress Report #1 Part 3) Within this section I'm going to be providing my personal tips and tricks for anyone who's having problems with the Batmobile races. There are several DLC trophies that require you to earn a set number of stars using the Batmobile. You can play through the races, combat or hybrid events towards the 21/33 stars for each skin, however since I suck with the combat, and the hybrid events are a mix of the two, I'll be showcasing the races that I've played. The hot-laps are without question the most efficient way of earning 3 stars for each respective trophy, however you need to be competent enough to get 3 stars. Drifting around corners will briefly stop the clock, as will destroying any Green time clock on the track. However there is an advanced method of turbo drifting that exists that is ESSENTIAL for earning 20 rival points on the hot-laps, regrettably at the time of posting I don't understand how this mechanic works but fear not, I destroyed the lap times without it. For each hot-lap I'll try and give you some tips and tricks on how to shave off time. I'm by no means a professional Batmobile driver but I do have 2 hot-laps within the top 1000 on the leaderboards so your in safe hands! Hot-lap 1: Mental Blocked (3 Star Time 42 seconds/My Time 35.86) Mental Blocked was the first hot-lap I attempted. I had bested the Riddler's challenge within the campaign which is the same map so I was confident I could 3 star the event. Surprisingly there's a lot of room for mistakes on this track. My run wasn't perfect by any means I could probably shave off maybe another second or two but that would be my limit without knowing advanced mechanics. To smash the time you need to be constantly boosting through the track whilst activating/deactivating Riddler's blockades. Around 16 seconds into the video below, you'll be forced to take a left hand turn that leads into a series of ramps you can activate whilst driving. Provided you have enough speed you can skip the 3rd platform entirely, which sets you up nicely for the next turn and saves you air-time in the process. The rest of the course isn't too bad. _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 2: Penguin Dockyard (3 Star Time 45 seconds/My Time 30.91) This track is deceptively hard to get a fast time on, going from ship to ship is the fastest method but it's also the most challenging due to the clock placements. it's very easy to fall off the edge or over-shoot your jumps which results in a lot of failed attempts. At 11 seconds in the video below, I purposely line up between the 2 clocks so I smash through BOTH of them rather than just 1. By the way the final clock which moves from left to right after the final jump was the bane of my life! _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 3: Cobblepot Causeway (3 Star Time 1 Minute 10 seconds/My Time 55.69) First and foremost, I really enjoy racing on this track! You have a lot of room on this track for mistakes, my run wasn't flawless by any means and I was well within the 70 second timer. Other than boosting as much as possible, drifting around corners and avoiding the obstacles, there's not much advice I can give you on this one. _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 4: Ashes (3 Star Time 1 Minute/My Time 49.74) Not much to say for this one, at 26 seconds in the video below, it's faster to go right provided you have enough momentum to make the large jump off the ramp. _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 5: Joker's Parade (3 Star Time 1 Minute 30 Seconds/My Time 1.13.64) Not much to say for this one either I'm afraid. Watch out for the spinning fans and of course the ice section which I fall off multiple times. Providing you boost as much as possible and you maintain a solid driving line you should have no problem 3 starring this event. _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 6: Batcave Set (3 Star Time 1 Minute/My Time 48.28) Upon landing after the first ramp, if you want a faster time on the leaderboard you have to line up your Batmobile so you hit 2 clocks instead of one. I made a mistake on this because I hit a civilian which cost me a second at 7 seconds in the video. It's very difficult to avoid him before the sharp right hander. The developers put a clock on the far inside of this corner which was the bane of my life to hit. At 29 seconds in the video you have a choice you can continue to follow the track or you can take a right hander through a tunnel. I found it was quicker to just follow the track because there are 3 clocks via that route whilst the tunnel has 3 sets of civilians you have to activate and deactivate without crashing into. Before the last turn they purposely put another moving clock which was a bitch to hit. _______________________________________________________________________________________ Hot-lap 7: (3 Star Time Minute/My Time )
  21. I don't have this issue but my friend does he's took everyone into a mission but his progress is only 2/32. If anyone has any advice or ideas I'd appreciate it
  22. Provided you set both accounts as primaries, you can play the game on your EU account but do note the microtransactions are both region and account locked so if you want to use them, you will be restricted to only playing this game on your US account. Also, you can get this game from the UK PS Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1003-CUSA11751_00-FALLOUTSHELTER00
  23. I recently started a new account and I want to focus on milestones with trophy icons that I personally find good looking. It was just a nice coincidence that my first trophys name fits. Only Just Beginning from Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  24. Thank you for this information. Will be very helpful when playing through the game to save some time.
  1. Load more activity