Final Overview! I've got to say I liked every game I played for this event, and hopefully plan to platinum them all hopefully within the next year. I gave them all ratings within the mini-reviews, though I think I'll re-evaulate them this time around and give them same "trophy" rating that voodoo used on their final evaluation.
1. Beholder Complete Edition (PS4; Genre: Management Sim) I actually platinumed this one so it comes first in the list. It was a very fun little management game with an interesting concept and lots of things to do. The platinum was a little repetitive but I still enjoyed seeing how everything changed and how each scenario had multiple outcomes. There were a load of different endings that were basically all needed for the Platinum, but they were interesting enough.
2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (GotY Edition) (PS4; Genre: Open-World Action-Adventure) This is the next game out of the lot that I plan on platinuming. I had a lot of fun with the open world and the nemesis system mechanics. I'm actually hoping for this one to be my 10th platinum, so I'll be working on that one next. It's the one I played the most of after I had finished my three days with, easily. So far I've no complaints with it, and am really excited for the sequel.
3. Cities: Skylines (PS4; Genre: City-Builder) I didn't give a formal post for this one because I've been very busy the past few days. I actually have really strong mixed feelings about this one. I love the concept, but the controls really have me confused and I feel like I'm going to have to spend a lot more time with the game to figure everything out. However, if you know and love city builders or Paradox games, it's definitely a good game and I think with some TLC and learning I'll really enjoy it.
4. XCOM 2 (PS4; Genre: Turn-Based Tactics) I enjoyed what I played with this game, though I can tell that platinuming it is going to be very difficult. I also want to play the first game before continuing with this one, so it did not get a lot of extra play time from me. Difficult tactics/squad based strategy, but interesting and fun.
5. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (PS4; Genre: Third-person Shooter?) I've still got to say this one is really weird for me. It's also, I believe, very often going for ridiculously cheap on the PS Store so anyone who wants a fun little shooter I encourage you to pick it up. It's chaotic and ridiculous but was very fun even for someone like me who often dislikes shooters.
6. Tooth and Tail (PS4; Genre: RTS) I was very, very pleasently surprised with Tooth and Tail. The controls really transfered over to the PS4 much better than I expected and though I know a lot of fans of RTS games like the micromanagement the limited ability to do so was welcome for me as I am really unskilled at that aspect of RTS games. I would definitely reccomend it for RTS fans and even non RTS fans looking for a fun skirmish game.
7. Reus (PS4; Genre: Indie/God Game) What a fun game for short bursts of play. The timed games were something I really enjoyed, though I would also love to have a game mode where you can just keep playing forever. Maybe those are available later, I just haven't unlocked them. The game also seems to keep you unlocking things bit by bit which is something I really enjoy. It's a niche game, and I gave it a lower rating for that I beleive but I personally beleive it's great and thus will be upgrading my trophy score.
8. Defense Grid 2 (PS4; Genre: Tower Defense) I have to say I liked the witty banter and dialogue in this one between the characters more than the game play. I'm assuming the gameplay picks up in later parts of the game but it was still fun to see tower defense blasting aliens into oblivion. I also feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if more of my friends had the game and I could be comparing my scores with theirs.
9. Moonlighter (PS4; Genre: ARPG/Rogue-lite) I was really hyped up for this one by multiple friends and I have to say that they weren't wrong, I do love this game. Both parts of the gameplay (dungeon crawling and shop management) are quite fun to me, though I would like the abiltiy to have upgraded bag space. As one of those people who slow walk back to town in Skyrim because I'm weighted down with EVERYTHING in the dungeon, limited bag space kills me.
10. GWENT: The Witcher Card Game (PS4; Genre: Card Game) Everything I know about this game has apparantly recently been tweaked as a large overhaul was released a couple of days ago with enormous amounts of balance changes. However, I did enjoy what I played. Though, I played in Beta and it has changed insanely since then, so given the clear mutability of the game I think I will give this a lower score than I orgiinally had. Still tons of fun, still free to play.
Other games played during the event.
Burly Men at Sea (PS4; Genre: Indie/Story Based) Platinumed this while looking for something to do to break up a day of frustrating gaming. Was one of those really short games that had an easy plat, so I powered on through it. Was pretty fun but very niche.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3; Genre: Action/Adventure) Completed the main story/single player during the event and now have moved on to multiplayer trophies. Yes, I'm trying for platinum. Yes, I'm crazy.
Thank you very much to voodoo_eyes for this event, I tend to have netflix syndrome when it comes to my games (browse forever and never actually choose anything to play) so having a list of 10 games I knew I had to get at least a FEW hours in was great. I'll be back for the next event, for sure! STARTING STATISTICS:
Games played: 382
Games completed: 10
Trophies earned: 917
Trophies unearned: 2496
Trophies Per Day: 0.28
Games played: 376 (I deleted a few 0% games from my list that I abandoned during this time frame either due to unavailable servers or soon-to-be-unavailable-servers that I didn't want to try to rush the platinums for)
Games completed: 12
Trophies earned: 1108 (What? How the heck did I get so many extra?!)
Trophies unearned: 2948 (I think these numbers are a bit messed up)
Trophies Per Day: 0.34
So yeah, I guess in the spirit of the event I failed because my completion percentage went up, but at the same time, I managed to complete two games and actually start a bunch that were 0% on my list. Bring on the next event! I can't wait!