Also I completed the challenge. It’s not EXTREMEly hard… it’s EXTREMEly ANNOYING. Lots of spots that will give you trouble only because of poor game mechanics and glitches.
Brief Guide (SPOILERS):
- Locations are different and super annoying. Crouch and search for pages underneath objects. Especially ones you can’t hide under. You may not see the page itself but you will still get a small window with the prompt.
Here are some of my locations:
- In the room that the Werewolf burst out of, hide in that room’s closet. The page floating in the air.
- In Slappy’s hidden chamber. On the shelf behind the ABC blocks that spell ‘SLAPPY’
- Underneath the chair in the corner of the Kitchen.
- Behind the rectangle box near the bottom of the stairs.
- Underneath the chair in the corner of the room with the fireplace.
First SLAPPY Boss fight in the Basement:
- I died from a red gnome during the cutscene of beating him.
Throwing the Potion Cure at Dr. Brewer:
- Sounds easy, but when you go to pick it up after initially drinking it a BUNCH of bee’s spawn. You cannot avoid them and there are zero distraction flowers. You must spam to pick it up and immediately throw it at him otherwise you die incredibly fast. Every time you die you have to re-pour all four bottles.
The 3 Switches with patrolling Gummy Bears:
- Not sure if it was always like this but it takes all the energy of your laser gun to temporarily destroy ONE Gummy Bear. They also respawn really fast. Thankfully you get a checkpoint after each switch but you will certainly die a lot.
The crashing platforms with Witches:
- Just requires memorization but there are no checkpoints in-between floors, requiring to survive all 3 in one run. Manage your sprint well and zap Witches once you know their spawning spots.
Final SLAPPY Boss Fight:
- Definitely difficult just because of the stupid laser gun. On waves 2-3 (Clown, Werewolf) zap the patrolling Witch first ( the one flying around the outskirts). This should make life easier. Shoot the orbs and dodge everything else. I’m the final phase with Slappy himself, shoot his orb back into him, just give yourself enough room. Be careful, I died from a fireball during the cutscene of beating him but thankfully the trophy still popped.