God I literally can't express my excitement enough for Final Fantasy VII Remake
cooldudematt replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesWell you're in luck there pal. Neverwinter Nights is getting an enhanced edition on consoles later this year.
cooldudematt replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesSuper Smash Bros. Series - This game series has evolved a lot since it's days on the N64 and has since become more than just a love letter to Nintendo. This series with Ultimate has become a love letter to gaming itself with characters from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix & Microsoft all joining the battle. If this series got ported to consoles like the PlayStation; that would open up a realm of possibilities for character inclusions. Kratos anyone. Sunset Overdrive (Port) - This is one of the few games on the Xbox One I genuinely wish would go multi-platform since in my opinion it's the best game on the system. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've played through this game and I feel it's only right it should join it's fellow Insomniac titles on the PlayStation platform. Sonic The Hedgehog Series (Past Games) - I'm really wanting all of the past Sonic games to release on the PS4 honestly. There are games I loved (Generations, Unleashed, Sonic Heroes) and some games I never even got to play (Colours, Lost World, Sonic & The Black Knight). There are even some that weren't the best but I'd love to try again (Sonic 06 & Shadow the Hedgehog) but I'd just love to see this series make the jump with all the ports. Honorable Mentions: Persona 3 & Persona 4 Golden Nights Into Dreams & Nights Journey of Dreams Dead Rising 3 - Because I want to complete my Dead Rising collection on PS4 Crash Twinsanity Dead Space Trilogy Mass Effect Trilogy PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Ratchet & Clank Series (Original Trilogy, Future Series & Spin-Offs)
So just been browsing Twitter and stumbled across something that might be a potential list of Capcom's upcoming projects. Obviously if you're reading this take it with a grain of salt but if these are true they could be interesting. For the record I'll type up everything here that was in this image I found on Twitter.
- Mega Man X9 - In Development, Gonna be revealed by the end of this year and will be released early 2020 for every platform, Mobile Game will hint at the new game.
- Devil May Cry 3 - The game is getting ported to the Nintendo Switch aswell like the first game; no mention of the second game.
- Viewtiful Joe - The first 2 games are getting remastered versions; A 3rd game is also in development.
- Devil May Cry V - The game is going to get a new expansion. Will be announced at Gamescom 2019.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake - This game is being considered to be revealed at either Tokyo Game Show 2019 or The Game Awards 2019. Will be released Summer 2020. Will feature a revamped Mercenaries mode, A Bigger Raccoon City and Carlos Oliveira's background will be expanded.
- Monster Hunter S - This will be the new title for the new Monster Hunter title exclusive to Nintendo Switch. They want to create a hybrid portable and home console experience with this game.
- Onimusha - More games in the series are being ported and remastered.
- Next Gen - As of this moment; Resident Evil 8 & Dino Crisis Remake are both being developed for Next Generation consoles. One is aimed to be a launch title for the consoles.
And that's the full post. Hopefully come Monday with the opening show for Gamescom we should have some idea if this is true. It also lines up with something else I heard online that Reuben Langdon showed off something DMC related at a comic con recently with Capcom's permission and everyone attending had to sign an NDA.
It may be a bit too early to be listening to Christmas music but this will always be one of my all time favourite pieces of music. Classical music always helps me to relax on a night and makes a change from the Rock and techno music I listen to through the day.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) Finally watched this movie which I was skepitcal about since I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell but after my friend (A Big fan of Nascar and F1) pestered me into watching it; I actually found it to be quite good. One of Will Ferrell's best performances in my opinion (His best will always be Blades of Glory) but yeah one I could see myself watching in future.
Also just want to state; I'm praying for a PlayStation All-Stars announcement at EVO.
Like I've tried to genuinely rack my brain around what PlayStation could announce this weekend.
It's not going to be Street Fighter VI since Yoshinori Ono confirmed that they're focusing on Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Add in the fact they revealed the new fighters (E.Honda "FINALLY", Poison & Lucia) the other day makes me think that PlayStation's news will not be Street Fighter related.
I don't think it will have anything to do with the PlayStation Tournaments feature they announced the other day either since the announcement was made prior to EVO (Not at the event as the EVO tweet stated) and is using a multi-platform title to kick it off (Mortal Kombat 11).
I don't think PlayStation will be doing any exclusive announcements with other games at the tournament like Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat 11, Soul Calibur VI, Etc...
I definitely don't think they'll implement a Sony/PlayStation character into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I honestly think Goku has more luck than a PS Character.)
This leaves me with 3 options tbh.
1. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will make a return in one form or another. Either a sequel (As a second chance attempt similar to Knack) or a full on Remake to try and get things right. Possibly iron out some of the gameplay elements to make the game more fun and to make it more appealing on the competitive scene. Possibly even add characters who people would like to see rather than Playable Advertisements (I'm looking at you Zeus & Emmett Graves). Get Original Dante, Crash, Spyro, Joel & Ellie, Delsin, Knack, Deacon, Etc... Make a game worth buying.
2. The announcement could be another joint partnership with Capcom; Possibly an all-star type game featuring either just Capcom characters fighting it out or possibly a crossover title like Marvel vs. Capcom or Capcom vs. SNK. Maybe a Capcom vs. Sony game?
3. The out of left field possibility I can think of is that Sony have somehow acquired the rights and are bringing back Bloody Roar with a full on remake from the ground up for the PlayStation 4. Maybe even reveal it's the game that Bluepoint have been hard at work on.
I should also clarify that I don't think it will be a Persona fighting game since not only was P4A a mutli-platform title; Arc System works is also very busy with many other projects atm.
I do also think we may see that rumoured Godzilla vs. Kong fighting game revealed. If so that will be a day 1 buy.
Anyway that's just my thoughts. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts.
They need to work on the fighting and game mechanics.
It was very awkward and weird to be playing Sly Cooper going up against Nathan Drake and Kratos. You had characters who weren't really fighters and then you have guys like Kratos who was in a Mortal Kombat game.
Super Smash Bros has it's share of goofy and not so goofy characters, but that series has been around much longer and the fighting mechanics are much more fine tuned. The gameplay is much deeper.
A character like Jigglypuff or Ness, who is very difficult to master can easily take on Ryu or Marth, who are complete fighters both in the Smash Bros franchise and in their respective series (Street Fighter and Fire Emblem).
In Playstation All Stars I felt that any character can beat any other character with relative ease without having to learn the ropes of that character. The gameplay was very shallow compared to Smash Bros. Everybody had an equal chance of beating everyone else without having to learn how the character plays.
If there is a new All Stars game, then I hope the combat is a bit more gratifying. It should be a fun party type game for you and your friends to battle together. That's what made the Smash Bros franchise so popular and fun.
So since we're in summer. I figured I'd reflect on my Platinum journey so far this year. Decided to take a break from trophy hunting for a while but as of August I feel I've made some nice steady progress in my Platinums earned this year. I've earned 8 so far this year and they are the games below.
1. The Evil Within 2 - Earned 9th February 2019 - I love this game so much and it's honestly one of my favourite horror titles of the generation. Felt like a crossover between Resident Evil 4 & Silent Hill. Excited for Tango's new game; Ghostwire: Tokyo.
2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Earned 7th March 2019 - A Nostalgia trip for me and definitely a good jump back into the games of my childhood. I platinumed this game a little later than the other 2 because I decided to take a little break from Spyro over the christmas period. It's a great game; not as good as Spyro 2 for me but still great. Easy platinum and a must play.
3. Resident Evil 2 (2019) - Earned 11th May 2019 - What can I honestly say about this game that hasn't been said already? This game is one of my top 5 games of the year so far. Everything is nailed perfectly in this game from Atmosphere, Horror, Action, Difficulty and more. The new sections were fun and while I was nitpicky when it came to continuity between a normal playthrough and the 2nd Run (Side B ) sections that's only a very minor detail that didn't ruin my enjoyment in the slightest. Loved this game and it's a must play for any horror or Resi fan. Although you may find Hunk hard.
4. Lara Croft Go - Earned 14th May 2019 - This is one of the hundreds of games I have had in my backlog for a while now so finally decided to play it. The game is an easy platinum and plays similarly to Hitman Go however unlike Hitman; this game had many more features similar to the Tomb Raider franchise such as Climbing along edges or solving puzzles. While the game is good; I'll be honest in saying I preferred Hitman Go: Definitive Edition as while it was simple; I feel it had a lot more charm to it. I'd still recommend picking up Lara Croft Go though since it is fun and is relatively cheap.
5. Days Gone - Earned 16th May 2019 - Another one of my top 5 games of 2019 so far; Days Gone was a thrill ride from start to finish. I really loved the character of Deacon and the many ways in which he'd give his own little commentary on the world around him. The motorbike handling was great, The enemies were enemies you could actually fear (Due to insane damage) and the amount of things to do in the world was just stunning. The song Hell or High Water from the game is one of my new favourite songs and I'll always support games that Sam Witwer is in. This game is superb...apart from the Weapon Wheel (Fuck that thing).
6. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - Earned 18th May 2019 - Hopefully the first of many Persona games to come in terms of my platinums; I bought this game for 2 simple reasons. I adore Persona 5 and I like Rhythm games. This game did not disappoint me in the slightest. It exceeded every single one of my expectations and while I'm a little bit sad it didn't feature a story like Persona 4 Dancing All Night has; I still enjoyed the game nonetheless. It's a relatively easy platinum even if it requires a little bit of repeating the songs but a fun experience.
7. Stranger Things 3: The Game - Earned 8th July 2019 - Possibly my proudest Platinum trophy of the year so far. Despite this game being pretty easy to platinum; I'm proud of this one since I was among the first 5 people to Platinum the game which in a world full of gamers is pretty impressive (Something I've never been haha) and I even wrote the trophy guide on this very site which made me happy since I can now finally feel like I've contributed towards a community that has helped me with advice in games in the past and has been a getaway for me in my personal issues. This game is an isometrical beat em up and is fun with a retro charm (Not as good as Scott Pilgrim though) and follows the 3rd season of the show pretty closely.
8. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight - Earned 2nd August 2019 - And finally the Platinum Trophy I earned literally about an hour ago. Like P5 Dancing; I bought this game based on how much I loved Persona 5 and my enjoyment of Rhythm games. I came out of this title enjoying it probably just a tiny bit more than the Persona 5 Dancing game. It introduced me to the cast of Persona 3 (Which I started recently on my PS3 via PS2 classics) and I came to love the characters who were the precursors for the future protagonists of the series (Yu & Joker). Great Music all around with personal highlights being Want To Be Close, Time & Memories of You. Great voice cast aswell with many voice actors I love including Yuri Lowenthal, Michelle Ruff, Vic Mignogna, Liam O'Brien, Tara Platt, etc... I also loved all the references to Persona 4 & 5 aswell.
So overall those are my 8 Platinums earned so far this year. I'm hoping it will increase later in the year given the slate of games I have in my backlog joined up with the games I'm planning to pick up later in the year. (Man of Medan, MediEvil, Concrete Genie, Ghostbusters, Travis Strikes Again, Death Stranding, Star Wars, Doom, Etc...) So until next time. See you guys on the flip side.
Seen this on N4G. PlayStation are sponsoring the event for 8 out of the 9 games but the interesting bit is the more news from PlayStation bit. People are thinking this could be a new game announcement. I know names I've seen people throwing around are Street Fighter VI and PlayStation All-Stars 2. Was just wondering what people think of this. Sorry if the thread is in the wrong place; wasn't really sure where to create it.
cooldudematt replied to OrangeDiceHUN's topic in Stranger Thing 3: The GameHappy it helped pal. You did better than me I lost Hopper and Jonathan because of the lab puzzles haha
cooldudematt replied to OrangeDiceHUN's topic in Stranger Thing 3: The GameLike @themindisacity said pal it does refer to the eliminator mode but it is extremely easy. As he said above; you get all characters from the start and you can play on easy plus as he also said you can just aim for the story missions. I only lost 2 characters on easy due to failing to complete 2 puzzles on time otherwise I would've had a full set of characters. I can't comment on the 2 points he said above since I never used backups and the AI doesn't take enough damage to die (At least from both times I played on Normal for 1st run and Easy for 2nd run). If you want an even easier time; I'd recommend using Will and Max. Equip 2 decent body armour trinkets and 3 Firestarter trinkets. Then just allow set Max as your CPU partner and let her take the damage while as Will you deal strong fire attacks from a ranged distance. If you see your health going down but not enough to use a medkit just use your partners medic skill to heal. Also in this mode save your money for Medkits and Cokes only unless you need to buy an item for story progression. You should finish the game with around $99.99.