Now to keep the streak going. 6th Platinum of 2020 earned:
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Absolutely incredible experience from start to finish. The story in this game gripped me and had me honestly fearing if the characters would even be able to survive to the end. The characters are ones you can root for especially when you see just how much Amicia and Hugo lose. The stealth mechanics in this game are spot on with some really clever uses of distraction methods and puzzle solving stealthily to get through a plague ridden world. Something else I thought was done really well was the buddy mechanic since in most games; the escort mission parts normally do tend to be pretty bad but this is one of the few that really does it perfectly.
Overall definitely play this game if you can ever pick it up. It's truly an experience. Now onto the next platinum.
cooldudematt changed their profile photo
And just like that 5th Platinum of 2020 earned in:
Now for this game, the term slog is an understatement which honestly is a shame since the first few times I was really enjoying it. Like the story being told and the acting was superb (Should point out this is one of those live action FMV games).and the use of the occult and some rather graphic scenes was good. What's not good are the following...
- To Platinum this game you need to beat the story at least 6 times which aside from minor changes doesn't do much.
- After the first 2 Playthroughs, you really start to feel the scenes drag out.
- The controls in this game. The only way to play this game with a dualshock is by using the touchpad for every single thing in the game. The other choice is a mobile phone which I did for the last few playthroughs and honestly it felt really weird earning a platinum trophy with a mobile phone.
All I can say in all honesty is just view this movie through YouTube or someone else playing the game. Don't go for this game...unless you're willing to put yourself through hours of the exact same story and dialogue for a total of 6 playthroughs. Like honestly it's not worth it. Trust me.
Anyway until the next platinum.
So it's been a while since I last posted on here, figured I'd check in with everyone and do a little update on where I'm at with trophy hunting. So I hope you're all doing well firstly.
Now as for my trophies; Earlier this year I posted that I had got the platinum for Resident Evil & a couple of 100% lists. Well after being stuck in lockdown for the longest time; I've decided to set a trophy hunting goal again. So I'm looking to hit 150 Platinums by the end of the year. So far this year I have earned 4 platinums (Soon to be 5 with Erica) so figured I'd post both the platinum lists and 100% lists done so far this year.
Platinums of 2020 (so far):
- Resident Evil HD Remaster - Such a fun game and one that really tests your knowledge of the game.
- Resident Evil 3 - A decent enough remake from Capcom; Not as good as 2 and I felt there were some big misses with this game but still a great title nonetheless and worth picking up.
- Terminator Resistance - DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS with this game. This title is a phenomenal recreation of the future world James Cameron presented to us many years ago. The fact it feels very similar to Fallout 3 aswell from it's lockpicking segments to the music to even the RPG Skill mechanics. Add in a final act to remember and this is a sure treat for any Terminator fan.
- Concrete Genie - Finally got around to getting the platinum trophy for this wonderfully creative and beautiful game. The team at PixelOpus definitely outdid themselves with this and its worth picking up for the hidden story message at the games core.
100% Games of 2020 (so far) - Like No Platinum Trophies:
- Max Payne - Classic from the good old days of the PlayStation 2.
- Thomas Was Alone - Very clever storytelling with some great platforming and puzzle elements.
- What Remains of Edith Finch - This game might genuinely be up there with my favourite games of the generation so far. The storytelling in this game is sublime and the different gameplay elements throughout make this more than just a regular walking sim. Plus the use of John Carpenter's Halloween theme aswell as The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky just helped to make this game better in my eyes.
- Last Day of June - A game that I saw a while back and got intrigued by. It is worth picking up if it appears on sale at some point but it definitely wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Some interesting ideas that reminded me of The Butterfly Effect though which was nice.
So that's it for now. Aiming to make my 125th plat Persona 5 Royal and my 150th Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Until next time though guys stay safe.
And also to go along with a shiny new Platinum is 2 new 100% games that don't have platinums.
Played this game a lot when I had my PlayStation 2 years ago. It felt great to play through it again. I used the cheats to get a quick 100% I'll be honest but I enjoyed a full playthrough afterwards of a classic PS2 title I loved a lot from my childhood.
Thomas Was Alone
This is a game I tried a while back but have only just got around to recently. I loved all the platforming and puzzle elements of this game. It also features some really good narration and music aswell as a cleverly written story about Artificial Intelligence.
Platinum #115 - Resident Evil HD Remaster
This one took a while but honestly was one of my most enjoyable trophy hunts in a while. It's weird how at the start of the hunt I only had basic knowledge about how to play the game but by the time the platinum trophy was earned; I pretty much knew the game inside and out. Hardest trophy hands down was the CQC trophy. Overall though, definitely one of my proudest platinums and a great one to kick off a new decade of Trophy Hunting.
Oh yeah never got a chance to post this earlier since I just finished streaming my Real Survival Playthrough of Resident Evil but Happy New Year Everyone. Here's to another brilliant year full of laughter, joy, great games and more Platinum trophies. =D
Also since I know I won't be online in the next few days. I'd like to wish everybody on here a very merry Christmas. Will probably post again before new year but on the off chance I don't manage to. I hope you all have a happy new year and all the best for 2020.
So another Decade is nearly over and since I doubt I'll get some platinums before the end of the year (I'm definitely going to try though) I figured I'd post all of the platinums I've earned this decade on here along with all 100% games I've done. Given every platinum I've earned so far has been this decade it's gonna be a long one so without further ado here we go:
- A Way Out
- Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
- Assssin's Creed II (PS4)
- Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
- Back To The Future: The Game (PS4)
- Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4)
- Batman: The Telltale Series
- Batman: The Enemy Within
- Captain America: Super Soldier
- Cars 2
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- Days Gone
- Dead Rising 2 (PS4)
- Detroit: Become Human
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin & The Lion King
- Donut County
- Doom (2016)
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
- Dying Light
- Dying: Reborn
- Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
- Fallout 4
- Far Cry 4
- Far Cry 5
- Game of Thrones: The Telltale Series
- Goat Simulator
- God of War III Remastered
- Goosebumps: The Game
- Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
- Heavy Rain (PS4)
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Infamous: Second Son
- Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD (PS3)
- Jak II: Renegade HD (PS3)
- Jak 3 HD (PS3)
- Kick-Ass 2
- Lara Croft Go
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4)
- Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4)
- Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues...
- Lego Jurassic World
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
- Life is Strange
- Life is Strange: Before The Storm
- Little Big Planet 2
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
- Marvel's Spider-Man
- Minecraft Story Mode
- Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2
- Murdered: Soul Suspect
- My Name is Mayo
- Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
- Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
- PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (PS3)
- Puss in Boots
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)
- Ratchet & Clank HD (PS3)
- Resident Evil 2
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
- Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus HD (PS3)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)
- South Park: The Fractured But-Whole
- Spyro The Dragon
- Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
- Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Stranger Things 3: The Game
- Tales From The Borderlands
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)
- The Evil Within 2
- The Lego Movie: Video Game (PS3)
- The Order 1886
- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure
- The Sexy Brutale
- The Smurfs 2
- The Town of Light
- The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS3)
- The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS4)
- The Walking Dead Collection
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
- The Wolf Among Us (PS3)
- The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
- Toy Story 3
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Until Dawn
- Watch Dogs 2
- X-Men: Destiny
- Back To The Future Episode 1: It's About Time
- Back To The Future Episode 2: Get Tannen
- Back To The Future Episode 3: Citizen Brown
- Back To The Future Episode 4: Double Visions
- Back To The Future Episode 5: OUTATIME
- Infamous: Festival of Blood
- Sly Minigames
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS3)
But as of right now; that is every platinum trophy/100% achieved this decade. So between 2010-2019. Expect a lot more trophy hunting next decade and from next year expect to see a lot more from my YouTube channel.
God I literally can't express my excitement enough for Final Fantasy VII Remake
cooldudematt replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesWell you're in luck there pal. Neverwinter Nights is getting an enhanced edition on consoles later this year.
cooldudematt replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesSuper Smash Bros. Series - This game series has evolved a lot since it's days on the N64 and has since become more than just a love letter to Nintendo. This series with Ultimate has become a love letter to gaming itself with characters from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix & Microsoft all joining the battle. If this series got ported to consoles like the PlayStation; that would open up a realm of possibilities for character inclusions. Kratos anyone. Sunset Overdrive (Port) - This is one of the few games on the Xbox One I genuinely wish would go multi-platform since in my opinion it's the best game on the system. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've played through this game and I feel it's only right it should join it's fellow Insomniac titles on the PlayStation platform. Sonic The Hedgehog Series (Past Games) - I'm really wanting all of the past Sonic games to release on the PS4 honestly. There are games I loved (Generations, Unleashed, Sonic Heroes) and some games I never even got to play (Colours, Lost World, Sonic & The Black Knight). There are even some that weren't the best but I'd love to try again (Sonic 06 & Shadow the Hedgehog) but I'd just love to see this series make the jump with all the ports. Honorable Mentions: Persona 3 & Persona 4 Golden Nights Into Dreams & Nights Journey of Dreams Dead Rising 3 - Because I want to complete my Dead Rising collection on PS4 Crash Twinsanity Dead Space Trilogy Mass Effect Trilogy PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Ratchet & Clank Series (Original Trilogy, Future Series & Spin-Offs)
So just been browsing Twitter and stumbled across something that might be a potential list of Capcom's upcoming projects. Obviously if you're reading this take it with a grain of salt but if these are true they could be interesting. For the record I'll type up everything here that was in this image I found on Twitter.
- Mega Man X9 - In Development, Gonna be revealed by the end of this year and will be released early 2020 for every platform, Mobile Game will hint at the new game.
- Devil May Cry 3 - The game is getting ported to the Nintendo Switch aswell like the first game; no mention of the second game.
- Viewtiful Joe - The first 2 games are getting remastered versions; A 3rd game is also in development.
- Devil May Cry V - The game is going to get a new expansion. Will be announced at Gamescom 2019.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake - This game is being considered to be revealed at either Tokyo Game Show 2019 or The Game Awards 2019. Will be released Summer 2020. Will feature a revamped Mercenaries mode, A Bigger Raccoon City and Carlos Oliveira's background will be expanded.
- Monster Hunter S - This will be the new title for the new Monster Hunter title exclusive to Nintendo Switch. They want to create a hybrid portable and home console experience with this game.
- Onimusha - More games in the series are being ported and remastered.
- Next Gen - As of this moment; Resident Evil 8 & Dino Crisis Remake are both being developed for Next Generation consoles. One is aimed to be a launch title for the consoles.
And that's the full post. Hopefully come Monday with the opening show for Gamescom we should have some idea if this is true. It also lines up with something else I heard online that Reuben Langdon showed off something DMC related at a comic con recently with Capcom's permission and everyone attending had to sign an NDA.
It may be a bit too early to be listening to Christmas music but this will always be one of my all time favourite pieces of music. Classical music always helps me to relax on a night and makes a change from the Rock and techno music I listen to through the day.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) Finally watched this movie which I was skepitcal about since I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell but after my friend (A Big fan of Nascar and F1) pestered me into watching it; I actually found it to be quite good. One of Will Ferrell's best performances in my opinion (His best will always be Blades of Glory) but yeah one I could see myself watching in future.
Also just want to state; I'm praying for a PlayStation All-Stars announcement at EVO.
Like I've tried to genuinely rack my brain around what PlayStation could announce this weekend.
It's not going to be Street Fighter VI since Yoshinori Ono confirmed that they're focusing on Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Add in the fact they revealed the new fighters (E.Honda "FINALLY", Poison & Lucia) the other day makes me think that PlayStation's news will not be Street Fighter related.
I don't think it will have anything to do with the PlayStation Tournaments feature they announced the other day either since the announcement was made prior to EVO (Not at the event as the EVO tweet stated) and is using a multi-platform title to kick it off (Mortal Kombat 11).
I don't think PlayStation will be doing any exclusive announcements with other games at the tournament like Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat 11, Soul Calibur VI, Etc...
I definitely don't think they'll implement a Sony/PlayStation character into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I honestly think Goku has more luck than a PS Character.)
This leaves me with 3 options tbh.
1. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will make a return in one form or another. Either a sequel (As a second chance attempt similar to Knack) or a full on Remake to try and get things right. Possibly iron out some of the gameplay elements to make the game more fun and to make it more appealing on the competitive scene. Possibly even add characters who people would like to see rather than Playable Advertisements (I'm looking at you Zeus & Emmett Graves). Get Original Dante, Crash, Spyro, Joel & Ellie, Delsin, Knack, Deacon, Etc... Make a game worth buying.
2. The announcement could be another joint partnership with Capcom; Possibly an all-star type game featuring either just Capcom characters fighting it out or possibly a crossover title like Marvel vs. Capcom or Capcom vs. SNK. Maybe a Capcom vs. Sony game?
3. The out of left field possibility I can think of is that Sony have somehow acquired the rights and are bringing back Bloody Roar with a full on remake from the ground up for the PlayStation 4. Maybe even reveal it's the game that Bluepoint have been hard at work on.
I should also clarify that I don't think it will be a Persona fighting game since not only was P4A a mutli-platform title; Arc System works is also very busy with many other projects atm.
I do also think we may see that rumoured Godzilla vs. Kong fighting game revealed. If so that will be a day 1 buy.
Anyway that's just my thoughts. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts.
They need to work on the fighting and game mechanics.
It was very awkward and weird to be playing Sly Cooper going up against Nathan Drake and Kratos. You had characters who weren't really fighters and then you have guys like Kratos who was in a Mortal Kombat game.
Super Smash Bros has it's share of goofy and not so goofy characters, but that series has been around much longer and the fighting mechanics are much more fine tuned. The gameplay is much deeper.
A character like Jigglypuff or Ness, who is very difficult to master can easily take on Ryu or Marth, who are complete fighters both in the Smash Bros franchise and in their respective series (Street Fighter and Fire Emblem).
In Playstation All Stars I felt that any character can beat any other character with relative ease without having to learn the ropes of that character. The gameplay was very shallow compared to Smash Bros. Everybody had an equal chance of beating everyone else without having to learn how the character plays.
If there is a new All Stars game, then I hope the combat is a bit more gratifying. It should be a fun party type game for you and your friends to battle together. That's what made the Smash Bros franchise so popular and fun.