Everything posted by MidgarMac
Happy New Year folks.
I know I'm a bit late at posting but here is my 2020 Trophy hunting journey. Not too much this time around since I started the year off thinking this year might be a good time to just take a break from the hunt. However there was some great platinums acquired this year. In addition this year is a year I started to focus on hunting for trophies in games without platinums so without further ado the full list is below:
- Resident Evil HD Remaster
- Resident Evil 3
- Terminator Resistance
- Concrete Genie
- A Plague Tale Innocence
- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 Edition)
- The Last of Us Part II
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Also my 125th Platinum)
- One Night Stand
- My Name is Mayo 2
- Astro's Playroom
- Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
- Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5 Edition)
- Conan Exiles
Non-Platinum 100% List:
- Max Payne
- Thomas Was Alone
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- Last Day of June
This year in 2021 I hope to start Trophy Hunting a lot more again. Especially since I'm currently in another lockdown here in the UK. All the best wishes and happy hunting folks.
Hey everyone just got a new Twitter page. Will likely post on there quite often going into the new year.
Feel free to head on over and give me a follow if you want.
Wow I haven't posted here since May. The time really flies huh. Anyway just wanted to wish everyone on here a merry Christmas.
Now to keep the streak going. 6th Platinum of 2020 earned:
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Absolutely incredible experience from start to finish. The story in this game gripped me and had me honestly fearing if the characters would even be able to survive to the end. The characters are ones you can root for especially when you see just how much Amicia and Hugo lose. The stealth mechanics in this game are spot on with some really clever uses of distraction methods and puzzle solving stealthily to get through a plague ridden world. Something else I thought was done really well was the buddy mechanic since in most games; the escort mission parts normally do tend to be pretty bad but this is one of the few that really does it perfectly.
Overall definitely play this game if you can ever pick it up. It's truly an experience. Now onto the next platinum.
And just like that 5th Platinum of 2020 earned in:
Now for this game, the term slog is an understatement which honestly is a shame since the first few times I was really enjoying it. Like the story being told and the acting was superb (Should point out this is one of those live action FMV games).and the use of the occult and some rather graphic scenes was good. What's not good are the following...
- To Platinum this game you need to beat the story at least 6 times which aside from minor changes doesn't do much.
- After the first 2 Playthroughs, you really start to feel the scenes drag out.
- The controls in this game. The only way to play this game with a dualshock is by using the touchpad for every single thing in the game. The other choice is a mobile phone which I did for the last few playthroughs and honestly it felt really weird earning a platinum trophy with a mobile phone.
All I can say in all honesty is just view this movie through YouTube or someone else playing the game. Don't go for this game...unless you're willing to put yourself through hours of the exact same story and dialogue for a total of 6 playthroughs. Like honestly it's not worth it. Trust me.
Anyway until the next platinum.
So it's been a while since I last posted on here, figured I'd check in with everyone and do a little update on where I'm at with trophy hunting. So I hope you're all doing well firstly.
Now as for my trophies; Earlier this year I posted that I had got the platinum for Resident Evil & a couple of 100% lists. Well after being stuck in lockdown for the longest time; I've decided to set a trophy hunting goal again. So I'm looking to hit 150 Platinums by the end of the year. So far this year I have earned 4 platinums (Soon to be 5 with Erica) so figured I'd post both the platinum lists and 100% lists done so far this year.
Platinums of 2020 (so far):
- Resident Evil HD Remaster - Such a fun game and one that really tests your knowledge of the game.
- Resident Evil 3 - A decent enough remake from Capcom; Not as good as 2 and I felt there were some big misses with this game but still a great title nonetheless and worth picking up.
- Terminator Resistance - DON'T LISTEN TO THE CRITICS with this game. This title is a phenomenal recreation of the future world James Cameron presented to us many years ago. The fact it feels very similar to Fallout 3 aswell from it's lockpicking segments to the music to even the RPG Skill mechanics. Add in a final act to remember and this is a sure treat for any Terminator fan.
- Concrete Genie - Finally got around to getting the platinum trophy for this wonderfully creative and beautiful game. The team at PixelOpus definitely outdid themselves with this and its worth picking up for the hidden story message at the games core.
100% Games of 2020 (so far) - Like No Platinum Trophies:
- Max Payne - Classic from the good old days of the PlayStation 2.
- Thomas Was Alone - Very clever storytelling with some great platforming and puzzle elements.
- What Remains of Edith Finch - This game might genuinely be up there with my favourite games of the generation so far. The storytelling in this game is sublime and the different gameplay elements throughout make this more than just a regular walking sim. Plus the use of John Carpenter's Halloween theme aswell as The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky just helped to make this game better in my eyes.
- Last Day of June - A game that I saw a while back and got intrigued by. It is worth picking up if it appears on sale at some point but it definitely wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Some interesting ideas that reminded me of The Butterfly Effect though which was nice.
So that's it for now. Aiming to make my 125th plat Persona 5 Royal and my 150th Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Until next time though guys stay safe.
And also to go along with a shiny new Platinum is 2 new 100% games that don't have platinums.
Played this game a lot when I had my PlayStation 2 years ago. It felt great to play through it again. I used the cheats to get a quick 100% I'll be honest but I enjoyed a full playthrough afterwards of a classic PS2 title I loved a lot from my childhood.
Thomas Was Alone
This is a game I tried a while back but have only just got around to recently. I loved all the platforming and puzzle elements of this game. It also features some really good narration and music aswell as a cleverly written story about Artificial Intelligence.
Platinum #115 - Resident Evil HD Remaster
This one took a while but honestly was one of my most enjoyable trophy hunts in a while. It's weird how at the start of the hunt I only had basic knowledge about how to play the game but by the time the platinum trophy was earned; I pretty much knew the game inside and out. Hardest trophy hands down was the CQC trophy. Overall though, definitely one of my proudest platinums and a great one to kick off a new decade of Trophy Hunting.
Oh yeah never got a chance to post this earlier since I just finished streaming my Real Survival Playthrough of Resident Evil but Happy New Year Everyone. Here's to another brilliant year full of laughter, joy, great games and more Platinum trophies. =D
Also since I know I won't be online in the next few days. I'd like to wish everybody on here a very merry Christmas. Will probably post again before new year but on the off chance I don't manage to. I hope you all have a happy new year and all the best for 2020.
So another Decade is nearly over and since I doubt I'll get some platinums before the end of the year (I'm definitely going to try though) I figured I'd post all of the platinums I've earned this decade on here along with all 100% games I've done. Given every platinum I've earned so far has been this decade it's gonna be a long one so without further ado here we go:
- A Way Out
- Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations
- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
- Assssin's Creed II (PS4)
- Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3)
- Back To The Future: The Game (PS4)
- Batman Arkham Asylum (PS4)
- Batman: The Telltale Series
- Batman: The Enemy Within
- Captain America: Super Soldier
- Cars 2
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- Days Gone
- Dead Rising 2 (PS4)
- Detroit: Become Human
- Disney Classic Games: Aladdin & The Lion King
- Donut County
- Doom (2016)
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour
- Dying Light
- Dying: Reborn
- Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
- Fallout 4
- Far Cry 4
- Far Cry 5
- Game of Thrones: The Telltale Series
- Goat Simulator
- God of War III Remastered
- Goosebumps: The Game
- Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters
- Heavy Rain (PS4)
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Infamous: Second Son
- Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD (PS3)
- Jak II: Renegade HD (PS3)
- Jak 3 HD (PS3)
- Kick-Ass 2
- Lara Croft Go
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3)
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (PS4)
- Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (PS4)
- Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues...
- Lego Jurassic World
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4)
- Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
- Life is Strange
- Life is Strange: Before The Storm
- Little Big Planet 2
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
- Marvel's Spider-Man
- Minecraft Story Mode
- Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2
- Murdered: Soul Suspect
- My Name is Mayo
- Pac-Man & The Ghostly Adventures
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
- Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
- PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (PS3)
- Puss in Boots
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)
- Ratchet & Clank HD (PS3)
- Resident Evil 2
- Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
- Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
- Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
- Skylanders Imaginators
- Sly Cooper & The Thievius Raccoonus HD (PS3)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)
- South Park: The Fractured But-Whole
- Spyro The Dragon
- Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
- Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Stranger Things 3: The Game
- Tales From The Borderlands
- The Amazing Spider-Man
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)
- The Evil Within 2
- The Lego Movie: Video Game (PS3)
- The Order 1886
- The Peanuts Movie: Snoopy's Grand Adventure
- The Sexy Brutale
- The Smurfs 2
- The Town of Light
- The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS3)
- The Walking Dead Season 1 (PS4)
- The Walking Dead Collection
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
- The Wolf Among Us (PS3)
- The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
- Toy Story 3
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Until Dawn
- Watch Dogs 2
- X-Men: Destiny
- Back To The Future Episode 1: It's About Time
- Back To The Future Episode 2: Get Tannen
- Back To The Future Episode 3: Citizen Brown
- Back To The Future Episode 4: Double Visions
- Back To The Future Episode 5: OUTATIME
- Infamous: Festival of Blood
- Sly Minigames
- The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS3)
But as of right now; that is every platinum trophy/100% achieved this decade. So between 2010-2019. Expect a lot more trophy hunting next decade and from next year expect to see a lot more from my YouTube channel.
God I literally can't express my excitement enough for Final Fantasy VII Remake
MidgarMac replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesWell you're in luck there pal. Neverwinter Nights is getting an enhanced edition on consoles later this year.
MidgarMac replied to GoodVulture's topic in ConsolesSuper Smash Bros. Series - This game series has evolved a lot since it's days on the N64 and has since become more than just a love letter to Nintendo. This series with Ultimate has become a love letter to gaming itself with characters from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix & Microsoft all joining the battle. If this series got ported to consoles like the PlayStation; that would open up a realm of possibilities for character inclusions. Kratos anyone. Sunset Overdrive (Port) - This is one of the few games on the Xbox One I genuinely wish would go multi-platform since in my opinion it's the best game on the system. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've played through this game and I feel it's only right it should join it's fellow Insomniac titles on the PlayStation platform. Sonic The Hedgehog Series (Past Games) - I'm really wanting all of the past Sonic games to release on the PS4 honestly. There are games I loved (Generations, Unleashed, Sonic Heroes) and some games I never even got to play (Colours, Lost World, Sonic & The Black Knight). There are even some that weren't the best but I'd love to try again (Sonic 06 & Shadow the Hedgehog) but I'd just love to see this series make the jump with all the ports. Honorable Mentions: Persona 3 & Persona 4 Golden Nights Into Dreams & Nights Journey of Dreams Dead Rising 3 - Because I want to complete my Dead Rising collection on PS4 Crash Twinsanity Dead Space Trilogy Mass Effect Trilogy PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale Ratchet & Clank Series (Original Trilogy, Future Series & Spin-Offs)
So just been browsing Twitter and stumbled across something that might be a potential list of Capcom's upcoming projects. Obviously if you're reading this take it with a grain of salt but if these are true they could be interesting. For the record I'll type up everything here that was in this image I found on Twitter.
- Mega Man X9 - In Development, Gonna be revealed by the end of this year and will be released early 2020 for every platform, Mobile Game will hint at the new game.
- Devil May Cry 3 - The game is getting ported to the Nintendo Switch aswell like the first game; no mention of the second game.
- Viewtiful Joe - The first 2 games are getting remastered versions; A 3rd game is also in development.
- Devil May Cry V - The game is going to get a new expansion. Will be announced at Gamescom 2019.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake - This game is being considered to be revealed at either Tokyo Game Show 2019 or The Game Awards 2019. Will be released Summer 2020. Will feature a revamped Mercenaries mode, A Bigger Raccoon City and Carlos Oliveira's background will be expanded.
- Monster Hunter S - This will be the new title for the new Monster Hunter title exclusive to Nintendo Switch. They want to create a hybrid portable and home console experience with this game.
- Onimusha - More games in the series are being ported and remastered.
- Next Gen - As of this moment; Resident Evil 8 & Dino Crisis Remake are both being developed for Next Generation consoles. One is aimed to be a launch title for the consoles.
And that's the full post. Hopefully come Monday with the opening show for Gamescom we should have some idea if this is true. It also lines up with something else I heard online that Reuben Langdon showed off something DMC related at a comic con recently with Capcom's permission and everyone attending had to sign an NDA.
It may be a bit too early to be listening to Christmas music but this will always be one of my all time favourite pieces of music. Classical music always helps me to relax on a night and makes a change from the Rock and techno music I listen to through the day.
MidgarMac replied to Mio's topic in The Media RoomTalladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) Finally watched this movie which I was skepitcal about since I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell but after my friend (A Big fan of Nascar and F1) pestered me into watching it; I actually found it to be quite good. One of Will Ferrell's best performances in my opinion (His best will always be Blades of Glory) but yeah one I could see myself watching in future.
Also just want to state; I'm praying for a PlayStation All-Stars announcement at EVO.
Like I've tried to genuinely rack my brain around what PlayStation could announce this weekend.
It's not going to be Street Fighter VI since Yoshinori Ono confirmed that they're focusing on Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Add in the fact they revealed the new fighters (E.Honda "FINALLY", Poison & Lucia) the other day makes me think that PlayStation's news will not be Street Fighter related.
I don't think it will have anything to do with the PlayStation Tournaments feature they announced the other day either since the announcement was made prior to EVO (Not at the event as the EVO tweet stated) and is using a multi-platform title to kick it off (Mortal Kombat 11).
I don't think PlayStation will be doing any exclusive announcements with other games at the tournament like Tekken 7, Mortal Kombat 11, Soul Calibur VI, Etc...
I definitely don't think they'll implement a Sony/PlayStation character into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (I honestly think Goku has more luck than a PS Character.)
This leaves me with 3 options tbh.
1. PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will make a return in one form or another. Either a sequel (As a second chance attempt similar to Knack) or a full on Remake to try and get things right. Possibly iron out some of the gameplay elements to make the game more fun and to make it more appealing on the competitive scene. Possibly even add characters who people would like to see rather than Playable Advertisements (I'm looking at you Zeus & Emmett Graves). Get Original Dante, Crash, Spyro, Joel & Ellie, Delsin, Knack, Deacon, Etc... Make a game worth buying.
2. The announcement could be another joint partnership with Capcom; Possibly an all-star type game featuring either just Capcom characters fighting it out or possibly a crossover title like Marvel vs. Capcom or Capcom vs. SNK. Maybe a Capcom vs. Sony game?
3. The out of left field possibility I can think of is that Sony have somehow acquired the rights and are bringing back Bloody Roar with a full on remake from the ground up for the PlayStation 4. Maybe even reveal it's the game that Bluepoint have been hard at work on.
I should also clarify that I don't think it will be a Persona fighting game since not only was P4A a mutli-platform title; Arc System works is also very busy with many other projects atm.
I do also think we may see that rumoured Godzilla vs. Kong fighting game revealed. If so that will be a day 1 buy.
Anyway that's just my thoughts. Would love to hear other peoples thoughts.
They need to work on the fighting and game mechanics.
It was very awkward and weird to be playing Sly Cooper going up against Nathan Drake and Kratos. You had characters who weren't really fighters and then you have guys like Kratos who was in a Mortal Kombat game.
Super Smash Bros has it's share of goofy and not so goofy characters, but that series has been around much longer and the fighting mechanics are much more fine tuned. The gameplay is much deeper.
A character like Jigglypuff or Ness, who is very difficult to master can easily take on Ryu or Marth, who are complete fighters both in the Smash Bros franchise and in their respective series (Street Fighter and Fire Emblem).
In Playstation All Stars I felt that any character can beat any other character with relative ease without having to learn the ropes of that character. The gameplay was very shallow compared to Smash Bros. Everybody had an equal chance of beating everyone else without having to learn how the character plays.
If there is a new All Stars game, then I hope the combat is a bit more gratifying. It should be a fun party type game for you and your friends to battle together. That's what made the Smash Bros franchise so popular and fun.
So since we're in summer. I figured I'd reflect on my Platinum journey so far this year. Decided to take a break from trophy hunting for a while but as of August I feel I've made some nice steady progress in my Platinums earned this year. I've earned 8 so far this year and they are the games below.
1. The Evil Within 2 - Earned 9th February 2019 - I love this game so much and it's honestly one of my favourite horror titles of the generation. Felt like a crossover between Resident Evil 4 & Silent Hill. Excited for Tango's new game; Ghostwire: Tokyo.
2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Earned 7th March 2019 - A Nostalgia trip for me and definitely a good jump back into the games of my childhood. I platinumed this game a little later than the other 2 because I decided to take a little break from Spyro over the christmas period. It's a great game; not as good as Spyro 2 for me but still great. Easy platinum and a must play.
3. Resident Evil 2 (2019) - Earned 11th May 2019 - What can I honestly say about this game that hasn't been said already? This game is one of my top 5 games of the year so far. Everything is nailed perfectly in this game from Atmosphere, Horror, Action, Difficulty and more. The new sections were fun and while I was nitpicky when it came to continuity between a normal playthrough and the 2nd Run (Side B ) sections that's only a very minor detail that didn't ruin my enjoyment in the slightest. Loved this game and it's a must play for any horror or Resi fan. Although you may find Hunk hard.
4. Lara Croft Go - Earned 14th May 2019 - This is one of the hundreds of games I have had in my backlog for a while now so finally decided to play it. The game is an easy platinum and plays similarly to Hitman Go however unlike Hitman; this game had many more features similar to the Tomb Raider franchise such as Climbing along edges or solving puzzles. While the game is good; I'll be honest in saying I preferred Hitman Go: Definitive Edition as while it was simple; I feel it had a lot more charm to it. I'd still recommend picking up Lara Croft Go though since it is fun and is relatively cheap.
5. Days Gone - Earned 16th May 2019 - Another one of my top 5 games of 2019 so far; Days Gone was a thrill ride from start to finish. I really loved the character of Deacon and the many ways in which he'd give his own little commentary on the world around him. The motorbike handling was great, The enemies were enemies you could actually fear (Due to insane damage) and the amount of things to do in the world was just stunning. The song Hell or High Water from the game is one of my new favourite songs and I'll always support games that Sam Witwer is in. This game is superb...apart from the Weapon Wheel (Fuck that thing).
6. Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight - Earned 18th May 2019 - Hopefully the first of many Persona games to come in terms of my platinums; I bought this game for 2 simple reasons. I adore Persona 5 and I like Rhythm games. This game did not disappoint me in the slightest. It exceeded every single one of my expectations and while I'm a little bit sad it didn't feature a story like Persona 4 Dancing All Night has; I still enjoyed the game nonetheless. It's a relatively easy platinum even if it requires a little bit of repeating the songs but a fun experience.
7. Stranger Things 3: The Game - Earned 8th July 2019 - Possibly my proudest Platinum trophy of the year so far. Despite this game being pretty easy to platinum; I'm proud of this one since I was among the first 5 people to Platinum the game which in a world full of gamers is pretty impressive (Something I've never been haha) and I even wrote the trophy guide on this very site which made me happy since I can now finally feel like I've contributed towards a community that has helped me with advice in games in the past and has been a getaway for me in my personal issues. This game is an isometrical beat em up and is fun with a retro charm (Not as good as Scott Pilgrim though) and follows the 3rd season of the show pretty closely.
8. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight - Earned 2nd August 2019 - And finally the Platinum Trophy I earned literally about an hour ago. Like P5 Dancing; I bought this game based on how much I loved Persona 5 and my enjoyment of Rhythm games. I came out of this title enjoying it probably just a tiny bit more than the Persona 5 Dancing game. It introduced me to the cast of Persona 3 (Which I started recently on my PS3 via PS2 classics) and I came to love the characters who were the precursors for the future protagonists of the series (Yu & Joker). Great Music all around with personal highlights being Want To Be Close, Time & Memories of You. Great voice cast aswell with many voice actors I love including Yuri Lowenthal, Michelle Ruff, Vic Mignogna, Liam O'Brien, Tara Platt, etc... I also loved all the references to Persona 4 & 5 aswell.
So overall those are my 8 Platinums earned so far this year. I'm hoping it will increase later in the year given the slate of games I have in my backlog joined up with the games I'm planning to pick up later in the year. (Man of Medan, MediEvil, Concrete Genie, Ghostbusters, Travis Strikes Again, Death Stranding, Star Wars, Doom, Etc...) So until next time. See you guys on the flip side.
MidgarMac replied to kidson2004's topic in PlayStation NetworkI'm gonna guess it'll be either of these 2 sets. Set 1: Gravity Rush 2 The Messenger Set 2: Wolfenstein The New Order Street Fighter V
MidgarMac posted a topic in PlayStation NetworkSeen this on N4G. PlayStation are sponsoring the event for 8 out of the 9 games but the interesting bit is the more news from PlayStation bit. People are thinking this could be a new game announcement. I know names I've seen people throwing around are Street Fighter VI and PlayStation All-Stars 2. Was just wondering what people think of this. Sorry if the thread is in the wrong place; wasn't really sure where to create it.
MidgarMac replied to Aexuz's topic in The Media RoomI just recently watched Code Geass: LeLouch of the Rebellion. Loved both seasons thoroughly.
MidgarMac replied to OrangeDiceHUN's topic in Stranger Thing 3: The GameHappy it helped pal. You did better than me I lost Hopper and Jonathan because of the lab puzzles haha
MidgarMac replied to athomathom's topic in Forum GamesFor me the only obvious choice would be Elena from the Uncharted series. She's adventurous, has some witty remarks and humour and to top it all off; She's a gamer.