Need help with the "King of Katamari Damacy" trophy?

JoaLoft

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question, are there are really big things you need to roll up in either of the two special stages where you need to roll up the biggest cow, or bear?

I remember the Cowbear on the PS3, I hope there are not any really tough ones like that in this version.

On 12/18/2020 at 0:38 AM, enaysoft said:

Just a quick question, are there are really big things you need to roll up in either of the two special stages where you need to roll up the biggest cow, or bear?

I remember the Cowbear on the PS3, I hope there are not any really tough ones like that in this version.

Yes, you need the Holy Cow and the Kintaro-Bear. They're unique to those stages.

On 20-12-2020 at 11:20 PM, ERICVOLTAGE said:

Is there some in game tracking, or do you live and die by a spreadsheet? 1f914.png

You'll be able to see what you found by checking out the collection submenu (which is the tree on the Home Planet I believe).

But the things you haven't collected yet, are simply replaced by a question mark. That's where the spreadsheet comes in, so you can identify and tag the items you still need to find.

• Like 2

This was what was cool about the PS3 version Katamari Forever.

Any new item you rolled up flashed up in super rainbow colored letters during the stage so it was way easier to check if you rolled up anything new.

Plus you could use the "Katamari Drive" to speedily go through the stages, and most levels had Eternal on them too.

• 1 month later...

Could anybody suggeat a suitable way to go about getting this trophy? 

I am at 90% currently, soon will unlock Eternal 3 and will also re do a couple of stages. 

But, should I target remaining items one by one, or getting as many remaining items in one level? Should I do it by size? By type? By level? Etc

The spreadsheet above does look useful but with still over 100 objects to go, I would rather know what might be the most effective way to do this. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, BraddersVee said:

Could anybody suggeat a suitable way to go about getting this trophy? 

I am at 90% currently, soon will unlock Eternal 3 and will also re do a couple of stages. 

But, should I target remaining items one by one, or getting as many remaining items in one level? Should I do it by size? By type? By level? Etc

The spreadsheet above does look useful but with still over 100 objects to go, I would rather know what might be the most effective way to do this. 

The spreadsheet is nice and all, but just going down the list is slow. I ended up writing what I had left in a notebook so I could map out multiple items in the same level at the right size.  

• Like 2