SOLVED (PATCH FIX) Big Bang does not work for the Mino King grind

Piro

Not sure why, but because Mino King (x50,000) and (x100,000) are my last trophies I decided to play Big Bang based on the previous game's trophy guide to grind the Tetriminos cleared. After finishing a match, the tetriminos clears did not register for the trophy requirement on the Stats page in Options and Data even if the saving icon appeared after completing a match. Thus, the Big Bang route for grinding do not apply to these trophies unless there's a patch in the future. 

EDIT: With thanks to DesmaBR and lin4h, it is confirmed that a recent patch (v1.10) has resolved this problem so the Mino King grind technique from the first Puyo Puyo Tetris can be utilized to cut down on grind time now.

Edited by Piro
  • Like 1

Are you sure? The Puyo King (x10,000) trophy popped for me whilst playing Big Bang. I played Big Bang first with Puyo before doing any other mode and seems to be fine for me.

Are you sure you're properly leaving the match? You need to die in order for it to count, you can't use the menu to quit out or you lose everything.

Edited by enaysoft

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Are you sure? The Puyo King (x10,000) trophy popped for me whilst playing Big Bang. I played Big Bang first with Puyo before doing any other mode and seems to be fine for me.

Are you sure you're properly leaving the match? You need to die in order for it to count, you can't use the menu to quit out or you lose everything.

Yep, I let myself lose after 15 wins on Big Bang Endurance and went to Stats to check my progress and it was still the same, tried just regular battle on Big Bang and it was the same result.

25 minutes ago, Piro said:

That's alright if it works with Puyos, but for the Tetris variant, it doesn't register, even tried Big Bang on Adventure Mode and even that didn't go through.

Well, luckily, getting Minos isn't too difficult. I got 1.000 pretty easily going for the Competitor trophy.

Edited by MidnightDragon

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Well, luckily, getting Minos isn't too difficult. 

Eh, I'd say this will up the plat time a fair bit seeing as Big Bang was by far the fastest way to grind out minos. Having to make 10,000 lines manually is a fair bit, especially if you're not as good with the game. Compared to Big Bang where you could have it out of the way in a few hours from 0 getting even 50 lines per round, if we use Sprints (40 lines) as a reference, you're looking at that amount of time minimum to get it done, and that's assuming you're at a skill level where you can pull off 60-second sprints (A.K.A. that one really hard trophy from Tetris Ultimate) on a consistent basis. Assuming you're at a more average skill level (let's say your sprints tend to center around 1:40), it would take nearly seven hours from 0 not counting time spent on transitions between games. Doing Adventure mode to 100% will alleviate the grind to some extent and it's at least not as annoying as doing a manual 100k puyo grind regardless, but considering the puyo grind can be idled overnight by pretty much anyone with a rubber band, this is still gonna stand out as the worst grind in the game by a decent margin.

21 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Eh, I'd say this will up the plat time a fair bit seeing as Big Bang was by far the fastest way to grind out minos. Having to make 10,000 lines manually is a fair bit, especially if you're not as good with the game. Compared to Big Bang where you could have it out of the way in a few hours from 0 getting even 50 lines per round, if we use Sprints (40 lines) as a reference, you're looking at that amount of time minimum to get it done, and that's assuming you're at a skill level where you can pull off 60-second sprints (A.K.A. that one really hard trophy from Tetris Ultimate) on a consistent basis. Assuming you're at a more average skill level (let's say your sprints tend to center around 1:40), it would take nearly seven hours from 0 not counting time spent on transitions between games. Doing Adventure mode to 100% will alleviate the grind to some extent and it's at least not as annoying as doing a manual 100k puyo grind regardless, but considering the puyo grind can be idled overnight by pretty much anyone with a rubber band, this is still gonna stand out as the worst grind in the game by a decent margin.

I'm doing my own alternative method of playing Versus on Endurance and stopping after the 25th opponent since the speed goes too fast for me. The tetrimonos cleared goes around 9000-10000 so I have to do that for about a few more times. Still takes a couple of hours though.

Ok just tested and indeed Piro you are correct, playing Tetris in Big Bang, the Tetrimino counter definitely is bugged. It does not go up for some unknown reason.

Thankfully Puyo calculation is correct though, on the bright side I am glad it is bugged in favour of Tetris since I find myself getting to 100,000 Tetris blocks cleared waaay quicker than Puyo because of how much quicker Tetris is to play. Waiting 1 second for all those Puyo to land and pop each time really does make clearing Puyo a lot slower.

• 1 month later...