Tip for boosting wins for Gladiator (x10)

MidnightDragon

If you're having trouble meeting up with your boosting partner in Puzzle League, have one go to Puyo Puyo League or Tetris League, then the other find opponent. Most people are in regular Puzzle League. @DesmaBR and I did that while boosting. Note the online is a bit unstable and it may disconnect you when you try to start up the match, but keep trying and you'll eventually get it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Additional tips on matchmaking with boost partner: 

There’s 3 different difficulty settings when you FIRST start with Puzzle League. If you team up with a boosting partner, make sure you’re in the same difficulty class. 

Rookie - 1000 rating points

So-so - 1500 rating points 

Pro - 2000 rating points

Once you’ve chosen your difficulty setting, you cannot switch or reset it by deleting your save. 

It’ll sometimes take a while before the matchmake is succesful, if it takes too long, just back out with O and do it again together. 

Additionally, if you mess up you can always use multiple accounts to help each other if you own the disc. 

I got the platinum today thanks to @Angellique72 and his idea of using different accounts. Credit to him! 

Edited by AlesXXVI

I’ve made a boosting group in search of another boosting partner because there has been nobody online at all when I tried matchmaking all day on the PS5 version

i believe I selected Rookie, not sure if there’s a way to check which rank you picked but I’m at 975 rating because the only person I did find online beat me in seconds in a Puyo match :S 

EDIT: I've just gotten all 3 online trophies with thanks to a boosting partner from the session I created.

We both picked Rookie and we both alternated who would win so we wouldn't be promoted/get higher points than the other incase the matchmaking didn't let us get connected.

There were a few disconnections, but we did manage to find each other consistently enough.
We didn't even need to go into other Leagues to search for each other, the online activity on the PS5 version must've been THAT dead, which honestly surprises me given the game's only been out for about a month now. Not sure if the PS4 version has higher activity though.

Edited by DuplexGemini
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

How much trophies are needed for online? Thinking of getting this down the road when it's on sale but it's already looking like it's DOA. 

3 online trophies

- Win a Puzzle League match
- Win 10 Puzzle League matches
- Win a Free Play Match

Apparently, there isn't any cross play between PS4 & PS5 users currently which explains the dead online on the PS5 version at the moment, but it will be implemented later via an update. Can imagine it's more active on the PS4 version being a higher user base at present and PS5's still being hard to come by as of early January.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Given that it looks like only 259 people in the world have played this online (based on the in-game rankings), it’s no surprise I can’t find anyone to get a game with!

This is a trophy I’d have happily just played the game for to earn naturally but that unfortunately will be impossible until the make a PS4/PS5 cross play patch and I’m not convinced that it’s coming anytime soon, if at all.

Edited by DaivRules