Thoughts on the game and 100%?

xLostInSmokex

Looks much more manageable than the achievement list on Xbox.  Makes me wonder if other trophies will come via "DLC"?

Edit:  Ads and news for the game seem to indicate a "next gen" PS5 version of the game yet all I see in the PS Store today is the PS4 version.  Would love some clarity around that.  

Edited by adverse_event
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mumik08 said:

Same.If the game doesn't have one I won't buy it, if it's free still won't do it.

Yeah, a total waste of time trophy hunting wise.

One of the only games I bothered to complete without a plat was Outlast. And that was because I wanted to 100% that series, and I geniunely loved the game.

17 hours ago, AnonymousPLC69 said:

Shush 

Anyway... game looks a lot of fun and the Trophies don’t look too hard or too grindy hopefully not too buggy tho. 

Ok

19 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Yeah, a total waste of time trophy hunting wise.

One of the only games I bothered to complete without a plat was Outlast. And that was because I wanted to 100% that series, and I geniunely loved the game.

The only game I'm getting extra trophies is for games with dlc like fallout 4 and other games. But if the game doesn't have a platinum yeah I'm not doing it.

12 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I play a game for enjoyment not for the plat but maybe that's just me . I thought that was what gaming is about.  

Anyways I enjoy the game so far , played around 10 matches now and seems like a good game , way smoother then dayz back in the days and runs very well for a free to play game anyways 

I play a game for enjoyment and the plat. If I don't like it I probably won't plat it.

4 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

U literally just said u dnt get a game even if it is free if it dnt have a plat ? There is multiple great games out there without a plat . How do u know u wouldn't enjoy this game ? Its a fun game and something different it combines battle royal and division darkzone with upgrading ur shelter and playing something fun with ur friends.  It gives u focus and tension because when u die u loose all ur weapons and equipment not just what u looted.  Its a different kind of game placed in a beautiful scenery if u ask me . But it dnt have a plat so u wouldn't enjoy it right? So u actually do it for the plat is what u saying ;)

Mike Wazowski-Sulley Face Swap | Know Your Meme

I platinumed Rogue Company and Operation 7 Showdown and they were free games. So I just play a game if 1. I like it like at 50% and won't bore myself and 2.If it has a plat.

3 hours ago, Leovizzz said:

Quick question: are all trophies obtainable offline? I took a stab at the game yesterday and liked what I saw, but I'm def no in the mood for online competition... If the trophies are offline tho, I might continue

From what I seen only 3 trophies are offline but u need a online connection for it , it is a pvp focused game so I don't think there is a way around MP 

• Like 2

All games should have a Platinum for consistency.  I mean it's stupid that some games don't have one, like this while others games have Platinums you can obtain in less than 30 minutes. The fact some games have them and some don't is probably the most annoying thing about the PSN ecosystem to me. 

With that said, for me personally I will not miss out on a game just because it doesn't have a Platinum, but understand why someone would.  

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

All games should have a Platinum for consistency.  I mean it's stupid that some games don't have one, like this while others games have Platinums you can obtain in less than 30 minutes. The fact some games have them and some don't is probably the most annoying thing about the PSN ecosystem to me. 

With that said, for me personally I will not miss out on a game just because it doesn't have a Platinum, but understand why someone would.  

I would argue that more games should get 100% lists. As of now the trophy system is broken beyond repair anyway. A 100% list usually tells me that this person doesn't really care that much about quantity and have some more interests in playing the game for more than just the plat. It's just baffles me that people would skip out on games just because it doesn't have a plat tied to it as there is a lot of great games out there with a 100% list. Their loss I guess.

As of Vigor. It's a really cool attempt on the BR genre. Were it isn't necessarily being the last man standing that matters. It's also really cool to have games set in my home country more lately. Some of the environments in this games really reminds me of home!

Edited by Fugl7
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Fugl7 said:

I would argue that more games should get 100% lists. As of now the trophy system is broken beyond repair anyway. A 100% list usually tells me that this person doesn't really care that much about quantity and have some more interests in playing the game for more than just the plat. It's just baffles me that people would skip out on games just because it doesn't have a plat tied to it as there is a lot of great games out there with a 100% list. Their loss I guess.

As of Vigor. It's a really cool attempt on the BR genre. Were it isn't necessarily being the last man standing that matters. It's also really cool to have games set in my home country more lately. Some of the environments in this games really reminds me of home!

I dunno. I have seen plenty of games like Mayo and any Ratalaika game that is hard to argue is made for anything but someone buying a Platinum. And to each their own, if that is what someone enjoys more power to them. But to me that is why games like Vigor, H1Z1, MGS Ground Zeros, Valiant Hearts, etc should have Platinums. Because they are real games with real trophy lists, while the others are basically just buy a Platinum games. You could finish 50 Ratalaika games and get 50 Platinums in the time it takes you to 100% Vigor and get no Platinum.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

I dunno. I have seen plenty of games like Mayo and any Ratalaika game that is hard to argue is made for anything but someone buying a Platinum. And to each their own, if that is what someone enjoys more power to them. But to me that is why games like Vigor, H1Z1, MGS Ground Zeros, Valiant Hearts, etc should have Platinums. Because they are real games with real trophy lists, while the others are basically just buy a Platinum games. You could finish 50 Ratalaika games and get 50 Platinums in the time it takes you to 100% Vigor and get no Platinum.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you that Vigor deserves to get a plat considering what games get platinums tied to em these days. My point is that the system is so irrelevant right now that platinums doesn't really matter that much anymore. Platinums just doesn't drive me anymore. It's more about the quality of the game in my eyes. I just think it's kinda cool to do these games because you want to do it rather than just caring about getting your platinum amount higher. I dunno, maybe that's just me that thinks like that.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:51 PM, Fugl7 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you that Vigor deserves to get a plat considering what games get platinums tied to em these days. My point is that the system is so irrelevant right now that platinums doesn't really matter that much anymore. Platinums just doesn't drive me anymore. It's more about the quality of the game in my eyes. I just think it's kinda cool to do these games because you want to do it rather than just caring about getting your platinum amount higher. I dunno, maybe that's just me that thinks like that.

No, I think we agree more than disagree. Just with how the system is broken. The reality is they can't go back and take away Platinums from the super easy Platinum games so I feel like they should at least add Platinums for games that deserve it. Doesn't make the system perfect but balances a bit in the only way really possible. 

But most likely none of this happens and we just go on. I will play games I enjoy. Trophies enhance the gameplay for me but don't dictate what I play. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

No, I think we agree more than disagree. Just with how the system is broken. The reality is they can't go back and take away Platinums from the super easy Platinum games so I feel like they should at least add Platinums for games that deserve it. Doesn't make the system perfect but balances a bit in the only way really possible. 

But most likely none of this happens and we just go on. I will play games I enjoy. Trophies enhance the gameplay for me but don't dictate what I play. 

Word! Couldn't agree more with that last sentence!:)

14 minutes ago, Riszcky said:

Anyone know the best way to get character customisations for fashion guru? It's honestly the only one I'm having trouble with, but no one else seems to be. 

I'd rather not have to buy the battle pass either. 

Seems to be the only way atm,

I was rushing for 100% at one point however the servers kept crashing and not giving me loot so i have gave up onit for now.

But hey, at least i got rank 12 in the safe cracker trophy haha.
Its a good game, but it still needs some working on

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riszcky said:

Do you know what counts for the trophy? If it's only cosmetics under the customise tab, or if it's gestures and weapon skins too

I couldn't tell you buddy, however I assume it will be any Cosmetic within the game.

Easiest way is to buy the BP as you say, but it is not worth it just for a bronze imo.

20 minutes ago, M3RiTzUK said:

I couldn't tell you buddy, however I assume it will be any Cosmetic within the game.

Easiest way is to buy the BP as you say, but it is not worth it just for a bronze imo.

I have a few character cosmetics and 19 weapon skins, so I am going to assume weapons skin don't count towards it.

Thanks for the help though. 

The patch today helped a bit with some stuff, I play on a PS5 though and have it installed on an external HDD since its just a PS4 game I have had 0 crashes. I do get the message network unstable A LOT, but never kicked from a game or crashed in the game. I really enjoy the game so I thought the 9.99 cosmetic pack you buy and get like 700 crowns was worth it cuz just use the crowns to buy the battle pass and get all that extra plans and cosmetics as well. Only trophy that is a hassle is safecracker(cuz barred house is always camped or gone after) and discovering all points on the map cuz of the glitch. The safe doesn't have to open though you just touch it, my trophy popped instantly on 5th one just from initiating the safe so no need to wait around for it unless you really want the loot.