Thoughts on the game and 100%?

xLostInSmokex

Some simple questions I have as this looks very interesting.

What squad sizes are there?

Are the modes separate from each other? If I play Solo will I go against Duos/Squads?

From a solo perspective how hard is this 100%? I have some friends I’d play with but they don’t care about trophies... so I’d be mostly doing this alone.

Thank you!

Edited by Skurkitty

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

What squad sizes are there?

1-3 in the standard Encounters, 1-5 in the Deathmatch modes (not necessary for 100%) 

Are the modes separate from each other? If I play Solo will I go against Duos/Squads?

You have 3 options:

1. Play solo against other solo players 

2. Play solo against teams for bonus XP

3. Play as a team against other teams 

From a solo perspective how hard is this 100%? I have some friends I’d play with but they don’t care about trophies... so I’d be mostly doing this alone.

It’s not difficult, if I had to rate it maybe a 4/10. Naturally, the better you are the easier it’ll be. The emphasis is on looting and surviving, not racking up kills and finishing #1 as in other BRs. 

The only trophy that requires any real skill is the one for killing 4 enemies in one match. However the very first game I decided to go for it by prioritising kills over loot, I got it. So yea. By utilising the Signal Tower and the various Telephones you can reveal the locations of enemies, making it somewhat simple to track them down. And I recommend the Anikken map. 

Playing as a team is easier than going solo but it’s not all that different. In fact my survival rate is actually lower when playing with friends because we try to kill everybody we come across, whereas I tend to mind my own business more when solo. There are plenty of matches where you won’t find a single other person, and since the guns are difficult to use it’s usually easy to flee a firefight if you must. 

Friends are useful for watching your back and taking heat off you, but the real benefit is that playing against teams means the (large) map is less concentrated. So a game of 12 players that consists of 4 teams will only have 4 locations on the map inhabited by players since the teams will stick together. Whereas a game with 12 solo players will of course have 12 separate entities covering the map, increasing your odds of finding someone. Note that for this reason it can actually be beneficial to play solo against teams. 

Even when playing solo against teams I rarely encounter anyone when I rush straight to the valuable locations because most people are afraid of conflict. If you want to play it safe you can just stick to the outskirts and loot the smaller locations, but this’ll make the 100% take longer. 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MrFudge said:

-Snip- 

Wow thank you so much that was a lot more info then I expected to receive! I really appreciate it, given all that I’ll have to give this a try. The system looks slightly like Hunt Showdown which was a PvE-PvP type “BR” that had perma death and lose of equipment if killed. Managed to Plat that one so this doesn’t seem so bad.

I assume the 4 kill trophy is the “Become a threat” one... can see how maybe that’d be annoying given there’s only 12 people in a match but you made it seem like it wasn’t too bad.

I’ll surely give this a go, again I really appreciate your write up!

Edit: Just noticed it only launched as a PS4 version and the PS5 will be coming soon (maybe). Will likely wait for the PS5 version for trophy purposes.

Edited by Skurkitty

• 2 weeks later...

I completely missed that this got ported. Yeah the Ps4 list looks very easy compared to the Xbox list. That may be due in part because Xbox had it as an Early Access title for a long time so Xbox players had more experience. Alternatively this could just be a "beta list" and they plan to copy the list the Xbox has for the PS5 release since someone said they're making another version of the game for that system too.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, Riszcky said:

Anyone know the best way to get character customisations for fashion guru? It's honestly the only one I'm having trouble with, but no one else seems to be. 

I'd rather not have to buy the battle pass either. 

why would you not want to buy the battle pass?  or did you spend all your coins boosting loot and crates?  Because you can easily earn enough coins to buy the battle pass without spending a single real cent as long as you resist the pregame boosts.  Without the battle pass, unless you are getting out with every air drop you can, donating a ton of food, AND going nuts in shootout, this trophy will take quite some time

Edited by DerelictSoul

15 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

why would you not want to buy the battle pass?  or did you spend all your coins boosting loot and crates?  Because you can easily earn enough coins to buy the battle pass without spending a single real cent as long as you resist the pregame boosts.  Without the battle pass, unless you are getting out with every air drop you can, donating a ton of food, AND going nuts in shootout, this trophy will take quite some time

Yeah, I just spent the coins on boosting the loot. I didn't actually realise the battle pass would be useful for trophies until I had barely any coins left.

I finished the 100% twice now though, so alls good. I learnt the second time around haha

Edited by Riszcky

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Hlod-wigg said:

The trophies and the game are so glitchy that I am happy it doesn't have a plat. I wasted my time for world traveler and it glitched, also opened many combination boxes and no trophy, not to mention it crashes 1 time every 3 games

Yea, I was super excited when I heard this game to PS but it's been nothing but disappointing w/ no PS5 version, crashes, and glitches trophies. Lucky I checked what the internet was saying before hoping in and haven't touched it yet.  Hopefully it gets fixed and I will play it one day but I can only imagine playing right now it's one of those games you love and hate at the same time. 

I love the game, played it minimum 50 hours, but yeah at some point the trophy hunter speaks for me and on Ps4 the game is crashing at least one time per hour, also you get logged out of the server often what reset the medals for the Safecracker and World Traveler trophies. I gave up trying get my last trophy for now, and prepared everything for the World Traveler Traveler. and will try it again when they fix the reset of the medals.

Friend of mine had no crash for now he play it on ps5, but he get`s logged out pretty often as well. 

So decide on your own if you want to play the game and have it with 90-95% stuck in your list :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...