The did the latest patch fix the ps5 from hard crashing/shutting off thread - updating each patch

Saw the game updated yesterday, anyone still experiencing the console shutdown crashing?  Been wanting to play this lately but like many of you am awaiting a patch before putting much time into it.

History:

12/8 - did not fix

12/12 - made performance worse and made the game harder (lol)

12/16 (season 1) - seems fixed? I havent crashed yet with about 12 hours of play (ray tracing off)  

12/25 die maschine seems unplayable again. Back to constant crashing/freezing

1/12 - new patch specifically aimed at PS5 zombies fixes - crashing/freezing issues with die maschine resolved again. 

Edited by JunkSkelington

Crashed on me an hour into zombies yesterday, really annoying, can't imagine how the Dead Ops players feel

Thing is you HAVE to be online as well to pop trophies, on zombies anyway. Its really wierd but when I played local to begin with, trophies wouldnt pop. Not sure if thats the same across all modes, but I find it a real strange move, having to be online to pop trophies

28 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

New patch 15/8/20 seems to have made my zombies even more laggy. Ffs

i noticed the story was pretty bad on frames since they patched it, it almost feels like its going to quit

• Like 1

Connection interrupts are more frequent. We were on round 41 of Deadops Arcade when it randomly disconnected everyone. The same happened on zombies round 22 as we were working on the Easter egg. Before the latest patch we didn’t have this problem (mainly the game crashing and difficulty getting a party going at times).  

We also saw frequent stutter for PS5 users on Deadops Arcade and normal Zombies with the new patch. Again, this wasn’t happening prior.

Both trophies feel unobtainable until the game is more stable. We’ve wasted the best part of 6 hours this week trying to get these trophies...pissed off is an understatement...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BGK1991 said:

Connection interrupts are more frequent. We were on round 41 of Deadops Arcade when it randomly disconnected everyone. The same happened on zombies round 22 as we were working on the Easter egg. Before the latest patch we didn’t have this problem (mainly the game crashing and difficulty getting a party going at times).  

We also saw frequent stutter for PS5 users on Deadops Arcade and normal Zombies with the new patch. Again, this wasn’t happening prior.

Both trophies feel unobtainable until the game is more stable. We’ve wasted the best part of 6 hours this week trying to get these trophies...pissed off is an understatement...

i feel your pain!  I was running the easter egg with mates, i got chucked at the final part and they didnt and got the trophy AND they dont even care about trophies :-(

I've also been kicked at high rounds after a couple of hours of setting up, getting the wonder weapon, all perks, elements and packed guns just to be kicked - frustrating to say the least.

Now even the campaign stutters and trying to do my veteran playthough i have been cought a couple of times in areas with unforgiving checkpoints - i really want to play season one but i am now sick of getting kicked, not being able to join parties (even though apparently i am already in them) and just buggy bullshit

Not even gonna attempt dead ops at this point

2 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

i feel your pain!  I was running the easter egg with mates, i got chucked at the final part and they didnt and got the trophy AND they dont even care about trophies :-(

I've also been kicked at high rounds after a couple of hours of setting up, getting the wonder weapon, all perks, elements and packed guns just to be kicked - frustrating to say the least.

Now even the campaign stutters and trying to do my veteran playthough i have been cought a couple of times in areas with unforgiving checkpoints - i really want to play season one but i am now sick of getting kicked, not being able to join parties (even though apparently i am already in them) and just buggy bullshit

Not even gonna attempt dead ops at this point

So frustrating! And the problem feels widespread. Really begs the question as to how these updates are passing QA with such a large publisher behind them. DeadOps is difficult enough as it is without the stability problems....I hate that Mumaback trophy

• Like 1

They're patching frequently enough ill keep editing the OP with status while we all cross our fingers we can actually play a game we bought without our consoles shutting off. 

Played about 3 hours of zombies on the 12/16 patch with ray tracing off and no freezes but that's not much time. Will get in a longer session tomorrow. 

Unrelated to crashes theyve removed the ability to disable haptic feedback for some reason. Even if you disable it in game its still presently faintly. You have to disable it in the accessories menu of the playstation UI to have it function like it did pre-season 1. Why are they making this game slowly worse?

Edited by JunkSkelington
  • Like 1

I have moaned constantly through freezes, bugs and getting kicked off PS5 all the time.  Patch 1.09 (16/12/20) seems to hAve fixed that weird stuttering bug.  I played Zombies and got to round 35 and no issues.  Campagin - did a couple of missions on veteran and went fine.  Multiplayer no errors and progress actually workng on my camos now. 

THEY MIGHT HAVE ACTUALLY FIXED IT (although i havent tried Dead Ops yet)

11 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

The new 1.09 patch also made Onslaught harder. Zombies spawn in faster, and take more hits to kill. Nice 1f621.png.

WOW - i thought this was hard enough already - havent managed a single gold yet

The game was in good shape for maybe a week, but is now back to basically unplayable in die maschine. Crash any every other game. Mostly soft crashes but had one where my console froze completely and couldn't recover without holding the power button. 

Edit: second hard freeze requiring me to force shutoff my console today in less than 4 hours of play. Back to the shelf this game goes until a patch, RIP prestige master.

Edited by JunkSkelington

On 26.12.2020 at 8:14 PM, JunkSkelington said:

The game was in good shape for maybe a week, but is now back to basically unplayable in die maschine. Crash any every other game. Mostly soft crashes but had one where my console froze completely and couldn't recover without holding the power button. 

Edit: second hard freeze requiring me to force shutoff my console today in less than 4 hours of play. Back to the shelf this game goes until a patch, RIP prestige master.

I played dozen of Zombie matches / all campaign trophies and some Multiplayer over the christmas days. I dont had one crash or froze on my PS5.

I would recommend you to delete the game and make a fresh install. 

On 12/29/2020 at 0:44 AM, basti86ger said:

I played dozen of Zombie matches / all campaign trophies and some Multiplayer over the christmas days. I dont had one crash or froze on my PS5.

I would recommend you to delete the game and make a fresh install. 

Read the cold war subreddit and search 'PS5' and sort by new, there are new posts about ps5 crashing every single day.  It's not a problem specific to my PS5 and reinstalling the game is a waste of time, that won't fix anything.  This is a problem only Treyarch is going to be able to resolve.