Can't get the platinum because of missed wealth in Jotunheim

Viktorx2001

Fuck me. 95 hours in, I almost completed all areas but I missed 1 wealth in the quest area where you get the cauldron in Jotunheim.

Platinum trophy for me is unobtainable now. I hope to god they will fix this in a patch.

Here is a video link showing the issue. It looks like you can enter the area but the cave just doesn't load so it puts you inside the ground.

Edited by Viktorx2001
Added link
  • Like 1

Yes, there are still some missable collectibles. I got the ones you write about, but I have another thing which prevents me from getting my platinum trophy, it's King of Shitsby quest. I don't know whether I should keep playing or wait for a patch to be more sure that the map is clearable, for now it is not. But it would be really messy to start everything from scratch knowing that there can be still some bugs. 

8 hours ago, Viktorx2001 said:

Fuck me. 95 hours in, I almost completed all areas but I missed 1 wealth in the quest area where you get the cauldron in Jotunheim.

Platinum trophy for me is unobtainable now. I hope to god they will fix this in a patch.

Here is a video link showing the issue. It looks like you can enter the area but the cave just doesn't load so it puts you inside the ground.

Sorry to hear that @Viktorx2001 - I actually don't think this is missable by design like many guides seem to hint at. It looks like an actual bug, in that the game is meant to load you into the mitten interior area but it doesn't and just drops you back outside but stuck in the mitten itself.

And when you look at Ubisoft forum posts like this - https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/80977/bug-glitch-in-jotunheim-quest-ac-valhalla/21?lang=en-US - It's pretty clear that Jotunheim as an area in general is quite buggy.

It's crappy for now, but this makes things more likely that they will fix this. I think they just need to QA Asgard more in general. I personally had way more collision issues and weird NPC / Enemy pathing problems in that area than anywhere else.

A patch for this in particular really isn’t needed. For a big game like this and for any game that requires you to get collectibles, as many have mentioned, you should’ve looked up the guide on PowerPyxs website which clearly states two missable collectibles so really, don’t blame the game, blame yourself.

Always do your research when going for Platinum, takes notes if you must and make sure you clearly understand when and where the missable collectibles occur and what can be done to prevent it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UpTheIrons_87 said:

Just to be safe, before moving on to other sections, should you not make sure all wealth and collectables are obtained? or is that specific wealth you talked about not marked in game?

That is how I am playing. Personally it would be very tedious for me to finish story quickly and then collect everything. This way I play story, and then collect everything during or after. 90hrs into game, still didn't finish story :P 

On 12/9/2020 at 5:57 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

Sucks mate. You should have read a trophy guide for a large game like this, or have multiple save points 

This is true... but AC2 has the only missable trophy in the series... so I'd feel a certain way about this too lol.

11 hours ago, Zach said:

This is true... but AC2 has the only missable trophy in the series... so I'd feel a certain way about this too lol.

If only...

Watch out for the bug that's hit me several times. First time it happened I had to restart the whole thing after putting in 10 hours. I had several saves, but not far enough back to recover from the bug.

The problem was that occasionally when I killed a wealth carrying NPC either they or the 'pick-up point' would sink into the ground making it impossible to collect the wealth. Seemed especially likely when it was a busy combat area or they are killed near raised ground.

First time I encountered this I was really puzzled. My vision was indicating the wealth was underground, but I couldn't figure out where the entrance was. Then I realised that the wealth was under the body I'd killed, so I moved the body and the wealth moved with it!

10 hours ago, Zach said:

@Xemik If only what? in the States that usually means I said something wrong lol.

:D

I was referring to AC2 having the only missable trophy. Because of the bugs you can all too easily be locked out of this collectible trophy in Valhalla.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...