Do Surviving is living and 2 days, 2 done stack?

JoesusHCrust

10 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

As in the title, does the trophy for completing the game in survival mode and the trophy for completing the game in survival II in new game + stack or will I have to play through the game 3 times (I've already completed one playthrough)? 

Yes. Just make sure you play NG+ on Survival II and all 3 trophies will pop.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

What about Mr. Fahrenheit? Can I continue to earn experience towards that in new game + or should I get that out the way first? It's proving to be a bit of a post game grind so if I can earn it whilst playing NG+ that'd be cool 

Yes, on new game+ you'll continue on whatever level you were. Although grinding isn't really an issue, if you do all the sidequests required for the platinum in the first playthrough you'll be close to getting Mr. Fahrenheit (Hordes aren't required for the platinum but I did them since it unlocked guns and upgrades for them, and I got to max level after fighting my 4th one).

2 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Yes, on new game+ you'll continue on whatever level you were. Although grinding isn't really an issue, if you do all the sidequests required for the platinum in the first playthrough you'll be close to getting Mr. Fahrenheit (Hordes aren't required for the platinum but I did them since it unlocked guns and upgrades for them, and I got to max level after fighting my 4th one).

Thanks. I've finished all content (all side mission, all camps, all missions etc.) and am still about 80,000 points short of the 45 skills so will have to do all hordes to get the trophy. That's good to know that I can just start on my NG+ playthrough. How hard did you find survival II? 

7 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Thanks. I've finished all content (all side mission, all camps, all missions etc.) and am still about 80,000 points short of the 45 skills so will have to do all hordes to get the trophy. That's good to know that I can just start on my NG+ playthrough. How hard did you find survival II? 

In my opinion, not that hard. Going with a fully upgraded character and unlocked weapons makes the majority of the game a cakewalk in my opinion (especially if you're used to getting headshots). The Chicago Chopper especially makes most encounters easy with how much ammo it carries and the damage it does, as an example, I fought a horde at the start of my survival II playthroughs while travelling between the earlier missions and that gun alone was enough to kill them all, even got the "Days Gone in 60 Seconds" trophy without even going for it (it's the trophy for beating a horde under 1 minute in Survival).
If I remember right I only had trouble on 2 places, the first was the Saw Mill Horde (the last mandatory horde you have to beat) and that was mainly because the game bugged at me and spawned the full horde again when I was only 15 freakers away from defeating it (luckily the game recognized the horde as beaten once I killed 15 freakers so I only had to run away like a b*tch to the mission marker to continue). The second place was the last mission, on the part after saving Weaver where you fight a huge group of enemies (before the "final encounter" of the game), but even there it only took me around 6-7 tries to clear it.

• Like 1