Watch Dogs MP Error (1-0x00000202)

TazDevilz1986

I am trying to connect to the online servers for Watch Dogs PS3. But it keeps giving me errors and Ubi server doesn't let me in. I have tried to reset things and my router or DNS and stuff like that but doesn't help. I will try to test it out wired and see if that will fix it tommorow. If more people had the same or know how to fix it let me know thanks.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for the late post, but I also have this issue. Looks like Ubisoft's servers are at it again. 

*Update*

The issue was fixed so I was able to finish up the online trophy for the 10 co-op sweeps. From the looks of it was an issue with the Ubisoft servers, possibly the Uplay, since I was unable to connect there too.

Edited by dakk55
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I also had this problem on PS3 and wanted the online trophy Traced.

When I started the game, it always say this error.

I followed this guide from Ubisoft (https://forums.ubisoft.com/archive/index.php/t-898542.html) but I still had the error.

When I played the game, I tried to see Online contracts and then it worked.

In my case, there is a bug and I can't connect from startup menu, only when I play the game and select Online contracts from the map menu.

Maybe it will be useful to others players :)

Update:

Managed to get tailed 3 times.

My game crashed and I had to restart the PS3, and since then the error came back.

I tried what I wrote, but it still not work.

The reason appear to be random.

Hope to get it work just to gain the trophy Traced.

Update2:

I just used a phone instead of the modem to access Ubisoft Server, and it worked on first try.

Edited by Ogrinator
Problem solved
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 28/1/2022 at 8:42 AM, Varhur said:

It appears that the errors are back, after having an okay yesterday today I'm greeted with that error. Honestly, really feels like PS3 servers of Ubi are a mess.

how did you fix the problem? because i manage to play one day using my phone connection and now i cant cant connect from anywhere

22 hours ago, Evers_cl said:

how did you fix the problem? because i manage to play one day using my phone connection and now i cant cant connect from anywhere

It appeared and disappeared at random, but for some reason, going into the online mode from the map menu did attempt to connect to Ubi servers and always succeeded.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the servers aren't playing nice with my consoles. normally i can connect with both at the same time just fine (2 ps3's). it kept error out.

i had to get the tailed trophy and that one doesn't have alot of participants :( much less than the online races.

if anyone asks that they'll help. not to worry i'm sure it'll resolve itself by the time i get the last trophy for this game.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

On 21-2-2022 at 2:59 AM, Lordguwa said:

the servers aren't playing nice with my consoles. normally i can connect with both at the same time just fine (2 ps3's). it kept error out.

i had to get the tailed trophy and that one doesn't have alot of participants :( much less than the online races.

if anyone asks that they'll help. not to worry i'm sure it'll resolve itself by the time i get the last trophy for this game.

Yep. It should randomly work and get you into the MP again. Just keep trying mate, and eventually UBI will let you in. Best of luck.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Are the servers for Watch Dogs PS3 working correctly for anyone?

Think it's one of the few games left needing fixed after Ubisoft's server issues from the end of last week. Far Cry 2 on PS3 and Rayman Legends on PS3 & Vita are also still currently affected.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Bro... cuz right now I can't.

You had time to reply, so you have time to look it up, sister

11 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I checked Watch Dogs PS3 servers earlier with the online races and it just keeps saying "time to find players: unknown."

Same, but it says I'm online

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I've been having the same issues connecting for many years now since I bought the game. This worked for me: start story mode and just play regular doing city games like chess or whatever you like. Eventually you will connect after an hour or so. It is like the server needs to warm up, like a car in cold weather, to connect you. I hope this helps. You just need patience and cannot rush straight into MP. 

17 minutes ago, freakleash9 said:

Hi everyone! I've been having the same issues connecting for many years now since I bought the game. This worked for me: start story mode and just play regular doing city games like chess or whatever you like. Eventually you will connect after an hour or so. It is like the server needs to warm up, like a car in cold weather, to connect you. I hope this helps. You just need patience and cannot rush straight into MP. 

Has anyone earned online trophies in this game since March 7th?

someone has earned the trophy in co-op DLC. DLC may not be completely broken. during that outage i was able to connect with myself within the same house provided i joined my own friends game. not sure if they shut the door after that time. last earned co-op DLC was on march 28th.

Edited by Lordguwa