Dedicated Follower of Fashion Trophy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10.12.2020 at 7:33 AM, Starlight-Hime said:

For those who have played on 3D, there seems to be a 'bug' that wont let you get all Jade's outfits unless you defeat Time Wyrm and get Hare Raising outfit, while as 2D mode registers it during the 

Reveal hidden contents

Jade's story after Yggdrasil falls.

If you dont want to fight Timewyrm you can simply just chapter select and get that accolade (You know youre in the right chapter when it starts with Hero falling in the water, then Sylvando then Jade), you cant change back so its recommended to do it when you have everything else.

Reveal hidden contents

JKpkUxi.png

I didnt get the outfit , i cleared it first time on 3d, i went bk on 2d when i was allowed to do so. U need to do other parts in the game first dat it work? I dont have the hare outfit etc.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, Sagaan said:

I didnt get the outfit , i cleared it first time on 3d, i went bk on 2d when i was allowed to do so. U need to do other parts in the game first dat it work? I dont have the hare outfit etc.

Like i said, you need to do it last, so make sure you have EVERY other costume before you go back in time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 7:33 AM, Starlight-Hime said:

For those who have played on 3D, there seems to be a 'bug' that wont let you get all Jade's outfits unless you defeat Time Wyrm and get Hare Raising outfit, while as 2D mode registers it during the 

Hide contents

Jade's story after Yggdrasil falls.

If you dont want to fight Timewyrm you can simply just chapter select and get that accolade (You know youre in the right chapter when it starts with Hero falling in the water, then Sylvando then Jade), you cant change back so its recommended to do it when you have everything else.

Hide contents

JKpkUxi.png

chapter select? what do you mean? can i choose any of the 3 chapters of the game any time i want?

On 2/21/2021 at 7:15 PM, BlackUnicorn_90 said:

chapter select? what do you mean? can i choose any of the 3 chapters of the game any time i want?

10 hours ago, LordSunrunner said:

you can go to a church/camp statue to change from 2d to 3d mode and vice versa 

you can only select chapters further back in time than you currently are

What LordSunrunner said, basically when you change from 3D to 2D mode, and it basically works like a Chapter Select, but it only goes backwards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 2021-03-22 at 11:46 AM, sdtrawick said:

Thank you so much! I could not beat Timewyrm. I just tried your alternate method and got the platinum!

What chapter was it on? Do you have to do it before breaking the time sphere.

nvm I found it, didn’t realize you could go all the way back to end of act 1, start of act 2

Edited by TheOnlyMason22

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to make it clear that it is not a "bug" on the 3D.
That is the requirement.

Jade(Martina) has to own that hare-raising bunny suit at one point of your game.

However, you can exploit it with 2D mode, without having to beat the most difficult boss in the game.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Here is how to do it:

- Make sure Jade 'Hare-raising' suit is the very last costume you need for "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" trophy. Check your in-game fashion accolade for other character.
If you get all costumes for a character, you will get specific accolade, like Luminary A-la-mode for all Luminary costumes or Handsome Rogue for getting all Erik's costumes.

Make sure you get 7 costume accolade for all other characters.

- Once you get all costume accolades for your non Jade characters, you can make separate save and switch to 2D.

Pick the chapter "A Dark New World". It starts with Luminary drowned in the sea. 
Then you get to play as Sylvando, collect his merry-band and finish his chapter.

You then start playing Jade chapter and if you remember, the enemy wants Jade to wear certain costume as part of the storyline.

This is the "Hare Raising suit" costume.

Follow the story and once you get back on controlling Jade, Jade costume accolade will pop-up. See the screenshot on Starlight-Hime(TC) post.

It will then trigger your fashion trophy.

WHY did not it trigger during your normal story, you asked?
Easy! Because of the first step.

At that point, you already have all costume accolades for other characters and all other costumes for Jade(because chapter select with 2D keep your progress, like level and equipment).

During that story segment, the game detect that Jade own the Hare-raising suit. So it triggers Jade costume accolade which will trigger the Fashion trophy.

From that point feel free to continue the game, or just load from your 3D save and start farming materials/seeds and make preparations to beat the secret bosses.

Good Luck!!

P.S. Since one of Serena costume requires you to

Spoiler

beat secret altar(3rd page) of Tickingtown, which can only be unlocked after completing all altars, which requires you defeating the final boss

,  "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" trophy is usually the very last trophy that you need for platinum.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I've been itching to replay DQ11 and was wondering how much harder this trophy is on this version. I know that you can get Jade's last costume that's usually rewarded from the super boss through the 2D mode exploit but what about the other new costumes in this version of the game? Are they hard to get as well?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 10:07 AM, FairySun said:

I just want to make it clear that it is not a "bug" on the 3D.
That is the requirement.

Jade(Martina) has to own that hare-raising bunny suit at one point of your game.

However, you can exploit it with 2D mode, without having to beat the most difficult boss in the game.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Here is how to do it:

- Make sure Jade 'Hare-raising' suit is the very last costume you need for "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" trophy. Check your in-game fashion accolade for other character.
If you get all costumes for a character, you will get specific accolade, like Luminary A-la-mode for all Luminary costumes or Handsome Rogue for getting all Erik's costumes.

Make sure you get 7 costume accolade for all other characters.

- Once you get all costume accolades for your non Jade characters, you can make separate save and switch to 2D.

Pick the chapter "A Dark New World". It starts with Luminary drowned in the sea. 
Then you get to play as Sylvando, collect his merry-band and finish his chapter.

You then start playing Jade chapter and if you remember, the enemy wants Jade to wear certain costume as part of the storyline.

This is the "Hare Raising suit" costume.

Follow the story and once you get back on controlling Jade, Jade costume accolade will pop-up. See the screenshot on Starlight-Hime(TC) post.

It will then trigger your fashion trophy.

WHY did not it trigger during your normal story, you asked?
Easy! Because of the first step.

At that point, you already have all costume accolades for other characters and all other costumes for Jade(because chapter select with 2D keep your progress, like level and equipment).

During that story segment, the game detect that Jade own the Hare-raising suit. So it triggers Jade costume accolade which will trigger the Fashion trophy.

From that point feel free to continue the game, or just load from your 3D save and start farming materials/seeds and make preparations to beat the secret bosses.

Good Luck!!

P.S. Since one of Serena costume requires you to

Hide contents

beat secret altar(3rd page) of Tickingtown, which can only be unlocked after completing all altars, which requires you defeating the final boss

,  "Dedicated Follower of Fashion" trophy is usually the very last trophy that you need for platinum.

Thank you so much!!!

I was dreading having to face a superboss just for ONE outfit i needed for an achievement. So glad the 2D mode saves me. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I played the entire game in 2D mode, beat post-game, but I did not defeat the 3rd Hall of Rememberance before switching to 3D mode because I couldn't beat it and I didn't want to farm 2D mode to get the stuff to make everyone a pair of Catholicon rings +3, which is mandatory to survive the back to back bosses because they inflicts nasty stuff like confusion and beguile. After wiping twice when my team was at Level 99(I ground out Metal Slimes really early), I decided to switch to 3D Mode to recollect all the mini medals and rare materials. Guess I have to fight Time Wyrm because I can't use the exploit since I already did that part in 2D Mode from my last save!

Lesson learned, and I going to do that for my new account which just started earning trophies in this game: Make DFF the last trophy to earn, play the first run in 3D Mode to get all the stuff, save up for Catholicon rings, beat the jerks in Hall of Rememberance 3, and THEN use the trick to get the Hair Raising suit. :(

EDIT: If I'm wrong, please don't yell at me. I tend to be all doom-and-gloom when I hear about stuff like this, but I get over it. I'm middle-aged now, give me a bit of mercy. <_<

Edited by Taruta13