Warhammer was meant to be a trilogy before THQ bankruptcy

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/10/21/relics-warhammer-40k-space-marine-was-meant-to-be-a-trilogy/

warhammer_40k_space_marine-wide-600x375.

“Better crippled in body than corrupt in mind.”

Relic Entertainment, one of the newest studios that SEGA bought from the now defunct THQ says that their Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine game was meant to be a trilogy but THQ going bankrupt stopped those plans.

“I had some big plans for Titus. The second part of his story was to focus on a ‘Titus Unleashed’ plot–basically there were forces arrayed against him that would see his loyalty to the Adeptus Astartes pushed to its limit, and his reaction would be to kind of ‘go rogue,’ and we’d see a different Titus, not quite as in control as we saw him in Space Marine. He would be kicked out as a consequence–exiled, which would basically be a death sentence for him.” -

If you haven’t played Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, you should give it a go. It has a lengthy single player campaign that gets a bit repetitive but the world just oozes charm and really captures the Warhammer universe. To read what what Raphael van Lierop had in mind for the sequels, check out the PA report. Would you want SEGA to continue the trilogy?

Killing more orcs would have been kinda fun, although they'd have to had worked on the physics, I fell through the ground twice and couldn't get back out unless I triggered a cutscene.

• Like 1

I never had glitches, however, I only played the digital version.  I would have guessed that the digital version would have been the glitchy version.  I beat the story mode once more even after I plat the game.  The MP was ok, however, I fell in love with the story mode.  I would hope that if they did bring out a sequel, I would hope it would be a much bigger SP...instead of 8 hours or so, I would like to see closer to 40 or 50.  It would be neat if they made it an action RPG...kind of along the lines of Dark Souls-esque.  At the very least, a much bigger playing field.  I think with the story and acting of the first one but more in depth, it might be a more popular series.  

Edited by prarburkulosis

From what I played of Warhammer, the story was good. My biggest problem was, that the gameplay was just so repetitive that it got to the stage where I couldn't bear to boot the game up.  I thoroughly enjoyed what little of the MP I got to play too.

A shame they didn't get chance to improve upon the formula.

I would have to agree with AF, I enjoyed the game - both plot and gameplay, however the continual slaughter of orcs and never ending attacks of the energy things near the end so bored me to tears that I couldnt make myself finish the game. I have since found out that I only had about half a level to the end, but the game has long been deleted from my hdd and wont ever be going back on.

One other thing could complain about was the lack of a cover system. I know that Cpt Titus was a hard ass and his creed was not to shirk in the face of the enemy but if there had been a cover system then I wouldnt have had so many encounters with the same fecking orcs!