Help, What can I actually play?

JEDLander

So I played this game near launch and then stopped a few months later. I decided to swing back in because I figured there'd be masses of stuff to play but I'm just kinda sitting here confused. They released expansions to remove content from the game? Can I still play that whole Cayde-6 thing or is that gone? I can find the moon stuff but not that? I haven't bought any expansions yet, do I need to do that if want to increase my gear level etc?

Hi, to answer your questions:

• Yes they released an expansion while taking away content from the game
  • To my knowledge, the Forsaken expansion is still available to play so you can still play through the Cayde-6 thing
  • You can still increase your gear level without any expansions through the free seasonal activities

It sucks that they removed content, I'm not happy with it either and the game just feels empty right now. But I hope this helps!

Edited by vvinushan
  • Like 1

On 2020-12-10 at 0:43 PM, JEDLander said:

So I played this game near launch and then stopped a few months later. I decided to swing back in because I figured there'd be masses of stuff to play but I'm just kinda sitting here confused. They released expansions to remove content from the game? Can I still play that whole Cayde-6 thing or is that gone? I can find the moon stuff but not that? I haven't bought any expansions yet, do I need to do that if want to increase my gear level etc?

If you don’t own any of the expansions then your options will be limited. You’ll be able to access the various planets and do free roam stuff, along with bounties from the Tower, etc. You should be able to access the Moon, Europa, and The Dreaming City public areas but won’t be able to do any of the story related missions or activities that require the expansions. The Beyond Light expansion removed a large chunk of the older content, including the Red War campaign and a bunch of other stuff, so you won’t be able to access that.

The “Cayde-6 thing” is part of the Forsaken expansion, so if you don’t own that you can’t play those missions. I’m not 100% sure if that storyline was affected by the vaulting of older content.

See https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Destiny/NewLight for more info on what’s part of the free to play game. Without owning Forsaken, Shadowkeep, or Beyond Light you won’t have a ton of stuff available to be honest.

• Like 1