Best weapon exp

HcG Clawz

So far the best way to get weapon exp is to play Last Worm Standing and you get 5 exp for second you hold that gun that you're levelling. So once you have the gun that you want to level just hide somewhere in a vent while holding that gun. The max weapon exp you can get from just the time is 500 exp which will take 100 seconds. So after those 100 seconds you could try and get some damage and kills to get some extra exp or you could move on to a different gun.

I'm pretty sure this is the easiest method to train you weapons till level 10. If anyone has a better method let me know. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HcG Clawz said:

So far the best way to get weapon exp is to play Last Worm Standing and you get 5 exp for second you hold that gun that you're levelling. So once you have the gun that you want to level just hide somewhere in a vent while holding that gun. The max weapon exp you can get from just the time is 500 exp which will take 100 seconds. So after those 100 seconds you could try and get some damage and kills to get some extra exp or you could move on to a different gun.

I'm pretty sure this is the easiest method to train you weapons till level 10. If anyone has a better method let me know. 

Wow that’s great. I absolutely suck with the shield so hopefully this will work wonders. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZachSmoke said:

Wow that’s great. I absolutely suck with the shield so hopefully this will work wonders. 

The Shield plus the Sentry gun is a killer combo (and even more so after the buff today).  Throw some sentry guns down to lock down an area, and use the shield to knock your opponent towards the guns.  I'm working on a daily challenge to get 30 kills with the shield, and this method definitely helps.

• Like 1

Btw for those struggling with the shield remember you can use its ability in any direction. You won't believe how many games I've played where people only use it left or right because they assume it only goes the two directions.

I won a game last night getting my only kill with the shield by knocking someone up then downward into a vent with toxic gas.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 4:57 PM, jts5009 said:

The Shield plus the Sentry gun is a killer combo (and even more so after the buff today).  Throw some sentry guns down to lock down an area, and use the shield to knock your opponent towards the guns.  I'm working on a daily challenge to get 30 kills with the shield, and this method definitely helps.

Thanks for the tip. I definitely found the shield easier after the buff. 

2 minutes ago, ChristSupremacy said:

Does the XP go up if your out of ammo or must you have ammo for the XP to count or neither? Because I know having an item in secondary it doesn't get any XP and just wondering if you can level up an item with no ammo essentially?

You have to have the weapon equipped for XP. Don’t think ammo means anything but sometimes it doesn’t give you ANY and it gives it all to the unequipped weapon. No idea why. 

Just now, DBO2299 said:

You have to have the weapon equipped for XP. Don’t think ammo means anything but sometimes it doesn’t give you ANY and it gives it all to the unequipped weapon. No idea why. 

That is most certainly odd, then again the game really needs more patches. image bugs, disconnected 6 times while in game yesterday too, perhaps it could be because i'm doing crossplay with a friend on Steam.

Just now, ChristSupremacy said:

That is most certainly odd, then again the game really needs more patches. image bugs, disconnected 6 times while in game yesterday too, perhaps it could be because i'm doing crossplay with a friend on Steam.

It’s only happened a few times. Now that I think about it I Think it only happened when I got the weapon from another player. Could just be a normal bug though. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 0:17 PM, LikeMagicButNot said:

Does gaining weapon XP make the weapons stronger? Or is it just...a thing?

Weapons have levels. ALL weapons need to be MAX level to platinum. This alone takes a significant amount of time. So does your player level, which also has to reach max and will likely take even longer.

On 19/12/2021 at 5:17 PM, LikeMagicButNot said:

Does gaining weapon XP make the weapons stronger? Or is it just...a thing?

Been a little while since I did the plat for this, but as @Moostache7 says above, this does take a long time to do. Weapons which are a pain to use, such as the shield, are best levelled up just by hiding

• Like 1

18 hours ago, captainkopter9 said:

Been a little while since I did the plat for this, but as @Moostache7 says above, this does take a long time to do. Weapons which are a pain to use, such as the shield, are best levelled up just by hiding

Im considering opening a boosting session since the game really does have an incredibly low player base at this point, even with cross play patched in. I got all but the last three gold trophies (involving the leveling and purchasing the leveling cosmetics) in like two weeks before. It used to be so easy to just boot up Deathmatch, take out dozens of scrubs or casuals and walk away with entire level ups in a single match. Now there aren't enough players to make much of a dent, even if they all did a fodder-leader technique.

Any recommendations if I did open a session up on a game plan, as far as like the fastest XP gathering methods? Hiding will obviously work for the weapons but not the player level

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Im considering opening a boosting session since the game really does have an incredibly low player base at this point, even with cross play patched in. I got all but the last three gold trophies (involving the leveling and purchasing the leveling cosmetics) in like two weeks before. It used to be so easy to just boot up Deathmatch, take out dozens of scrubs or casuals and walk away with entire level ups in a single match. Now there aren't enough players to make much of a dent, even if they all did a fodder-leader technique.

Any recommendations if I did open a session up on a game plan, as far as like the fastest XP gathering methods? Hiding will obviously work for the weapons but not the player level

Brilliant idea for boosting this, I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested, especially PS4 as I believe the PS5 version is still bugged. 

For player level it really does just come down to how many kills you get in a match, whether or not you win the match and of course just playing matches as well. Daily challenges too are a good way to level up, which you would be doing anyway for the trophy which requires you to complete them. I think this was the longest part of the grind as a whole.

That being said, I think building up your number of coins is really important too- by the time you get to Level 50, it's unlikely that you will have enough coins to actually buy every item required which is a pain. For that reason, I would buy the more expensive items before the cheaper ones, as you will likely have to continue to play matches to earn coins, so the less expensive stuff left, the faster you'll be able to get through. 

Hope this helps 

• Like 1