PS3, PSP, And PS Vita Will Stop Accepting Payments In Europe Through Card And PayPal From January 1, 2021

Aranea Highwind

While it’s less convenient, I support any country wanting to protect their citizens’ purchases. At least, you can still refill the account’s wallet via the usual ways, only it will be outside the consoles.

Because my primary account is Canadian and I reside in Europe, if I want games, I pay digital pre-paid cards to refill my wallet and purchase content, across all platforms. Otherwise, I have a secondary local account and I pay with my local currency.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Most of you are probably aware of this but it's noteworthy that you'll get more for your buck anyway if you buy a gift card from an online seller instead of purchasing the PSN credit directly from the PS Store. The exchange rate on the store is always 1:1. However many online sellers offer PSN Cards for less than they are actually worth, like € 50 of store credit for € 42.95. Here's an example for German PSN credit. I've been doing this for years and haven't had any issues so far.

Screenshot.png

if you are happy with what German psn store offers than you are fine , but if you like to buy on different countries because of weak currencies and inflation , then it will not help you. And not always is a psn card of that country avaible.

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

Well... i don't see it as a real problem. You could simply add funds from the web Store. Too bad you can't add a custom amount of money but whatever.

Another step back though... we had to wait until 2019 to finally see the possibility to pay the exact amount for money for transactions worth less than 5 euros.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

No problem, I always pay with prepaid cards and that is the best and most comfortable and safest way to pay in the PSN store.

53 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

Most of you are probably aware of this but it's noteworthy that you'll get more for your buck anyway if you buy a gift card from an online seller instead of purchasing the PSN credit directly from the PS Store. The exchange rate on the store is always 1:1. However many online sellers offer PSN Cards for less than they are actually worth, like € 50 of store credit for € 42.95. Here's an example for German PSN credit. I've been doing this for years and haven't had any issues so far.

Screenshot.png

That's illegal and very dangerous. Nobody sane would do that.

34 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

No problem, I always pay with prepaid cards and that is the best and most comfortable and safest way to pay in the PSN store.

That's illegal and very dangerous. Nobody sane would do that.

Sure you get for years in Prison doing that....

Seriously some people can be told everything and they spend more money than they have to because they are naive.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

While it’s less convenient, I support any country wanting to protect their citizens’ purchases. 

I can’t speak for European credit cards, but were a law like this to roll out in the US, I would think it protected credit card issuers more than anyone. Almost all cards in the US have zero liability for fraudulent purposes, and they make bank despite this.

It's already bad enough they removed PS3/Vita content from the 'current' PS Store. Now they're limiting how you can purchase goddamn games!?!?

Go physical people. If you have DLC content you want to buy and are interested in, BUY IT NOW. There's no telling how much longer it will stay up.

Assholes. Looks like Steam is still the undisputed king in providing digital games at reasonable prices, on their clean and easy to use user interface. The all digital future, not looking so bright so far.