The Callisto Protocol (December 2, 2022)

ziggypossum

38 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Oh snap!

Just when i was prematurely counting this out of 2022 release.  My predictions... October 2022.

Summer for gaming is going to be a bust so expect a steady slew of releases for Sept/Oct/Nov for fall/holiday sales.

• Like 1

Seems to me like this one has to hit October 2022, just because the Dead Space remake is dated for January now. What does someone do when they can only afford one of them? Dead Space has the name recognition, EA advertising money, and has been more visible overall. Interested to see how this plays out.

• Like 1

obviously coming 2nd half . lmao. That's literally anything after the next 7 days. 

My guess, October 14 or 21st.

Probably plays just like Dead Space 1 which is great. However with DSR coming January... too much of the same too quick? ill get this day one. Give it a try. a New experience. Getting DSR day 1 but its DS, I know what i am getting into.

Summer sucks but Fall gonna be fire!

• Like 1

Didn't know this game was set in the PUBG world, kinda weird but the trailer does look pretty sweet. I'm not getting my hopes up until I see some gameplay footage though, anyone can make a teaser trailer look good. In the words of George Dubya Boosh, "Fool me once shame on you... Fool me... you can't get fool me again." 

Gameplay schmamplay, that's overrated.?

Sold the day they announced this knowing the creators behind it. Read the GI article. More to come soon I presume. Summer Gamefest?

I'm ready to get scared and fucking terrified. Some shy away from horror games, I gravitate to them. Chomping at the bit.

• Like 1

- Combat still revolves around blasting off limbs to handicap enemies and make them easier to deal with

- Vents still play a role, and enemies use them to reposition and sneak up on the player

- Enemies are called "biophages" and their development team always starts from the human form when designing them

- Melee and stomping is still here. Melee is done with a baton

- Contextual finishers can be used on enemies to kill them with the environment

- Similar to kinesis, an ability called the "GRP ability" allows protag to directly push/pull and throw enemies from a distance

- The setting is a moon-based prison, so the arsenal is meant to reflect this. GRP was originally used for inmate crowd control, and the baton obviously plays into this as well. Protag is supposed to feel inexperienced and generally weak arsenal-wise. Pistol and shotgun were also available in the demo.

- The connection to PUBG is tenuous at best, and will really only show itself in Easter eggs.

- The team has been free to make the game exactly how they want. (likely just a studio deal for the small tie-in)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, now we're talking

Can't wait!

Developed by Striking Distance Studios, the game will be released on December 2

https://www.polygon.com/23152465/the-callisto-protocol-release-date-gameplay-trailer

D8T2JVx.jpg

q4xIkyG.jpg

DVFitX2.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 1

Interesting that it’s coming out approximately a month before the Dead Space remake. Not saying they’re stealing their thunder but it is crazy when you think about the Dead Space creator’s new game so close to the long awaited remake of the original game. It is a win/win for gamers though!

It appears to have a Collector's Edition as well as a season pass. This guarantees to have additional content aside from the base game. Some playstation exclusive content too. ?

DAY ONE EDITION

d07acc68-6e08-4698-9b61-2abf25a5a615_packshot_do_ps5.jpg?auto=compress,format
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Retro Prisoner Character Skin
  • 2 Retro Prisoner Weapon Skins
  • Contraband Pack (PlayStation Exclusive)

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION

c467105f-c0ac-4aac-abac-5eea7e513320_packshot_dde_ps5.jpg?auto=compress,format
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Season Pass
  • 48 hour Advanced Access to Story DLC (PlayStation Exclusive)

COLLECTOR'S EDITION

59af7b0c-036a-432a-b59e-55add7ee0e76_packshot_ce_general.png?auto=compress,format
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Season Pass
  • Jacob Statue
  • Steelbook Case
  • TCP Comic #0 Edition
  • Outer Way Collectable Pin
  • UJC Collectible Pin
  • 48 hour Advanced Access to Story DLC (PlayStation Exclusive)