The Callisto Protocol (December 2, 2022)

ziggypossum

Honestly, this was the biggest highlight for me out of all of the Game Award reveals, It really looks like a mix between Dead Space and The Thing and I can't wait to see what they do with gloopy splattery body horror with current gen visuals. They could really go overboard in the best possible way with the gore.

• Like 3

Why some of the team behind Dead Space are returning to sci-fi horror with The Callisto Protocol

We talk about pushing the genre forward, life after triple-A and whether the death of single-player games has been overstated.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/11/the-callisto-protocol-striking-distance-interview/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Wow that breakdown video is great! I had no idea there were so many nods to the Dead Space universe in there. Either The Callisto Protocol is set in the same universe or this is just a bit of fan service and a slight middle finger to EA.

I guess if it is set in the Dead Space universe we can kind of figure out where it sits in the timeline. They said the Callisto Protocol was set in the year 2320, so it would be about a century after the Black Marker was found on earth (and then hidden from humanity).

2214 - Black Marker found on earth
2320 - Callisto Protocol happens
2508 - Isaac Clarke goes on the rescue mission to the USG Ishimura

It could work as a prequel to the Dead Space trilogy, it would fit really snugly and easily in there. It's almost perfect for it actually. But I think the little nods like 'I.C was here', the book by Ellie and the names of other characters in the cells don't check out chronologically. They wouldn't have existed during this time based on the dates.

So consider me hopeful that this is somehow set in the Dead Space universe, but mainly excited for a true body horror genre game. If it's a mix of Dead Space 1 & 2 in terms of gameplay at the very least it will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I actually haven't been this hyped for a game for a long long time. Thanks for bringing some positive vibes into my brain at this time of year @MrTrofyHunter.

You’re welcome and I’m equally excited for this title too. I sincerely hope that it exceeds my expectations and will usher in a new generation of fans. Love the space survival horror genre and this looks like it fits right in line. Dead Space was undeniably fantastic, can this be better?! We shall see. ?

• Like 1

Dead Space 4  and Left 4 Dead 3 was the biggest announcement from the awards imo. Can’t wait for this game. Dead Space is one of my favourite franchises ever. 

I’m just disappointed we didn’t get a Silent Hill announcement like that jackass claimed he had insider info on. He has been saying it so many times now the he has lost all credibility. 

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Dead Space 4 this and Left 4 Dead 3 was the biggest announcement from the awards imo. Can’t wait for this game. Dead Space is one of my favourite franchises ever. 

I’m just disappointed we didn’t get a Silent Hill announcement like that jackass claimed he had insider info on. He has been saying it so many times now the he has lost all credibility. 

I was kinda hoping for something Silent Hill related too. Have they actually confirmed that a new Silent Hill game is in development yet anywhere? I had a look and all I could see are a bunch of outlets covering rumours from different sources.

The YouTuber Yongyea covered a story several times about an insider claiming kojima working on Silent Hills and another developer working on a remake. But the insider has lied everytime. 

So there is no real verification. Just a guy lying for attention. I’m still praying every night before bed for a new silent hill or a remake. Guess god doesn’t exist ?

Here is the latest video where Yong covered this: 

There have been like 4-5 rumors the last couple of years and every single one of them have been false. 

The closest to any kind of verification is that Konami 8 months ago denied any rumors of anything Silent Hill and that they only want to make Pachinko machines.

Really hope they sell the IP to another company. It would be truly sad if we never got anything Silent Hill related ever again.

Edited by Quink666

Another article with Glen Schofield...

“All I can say is... that my goal and the goal of the team is to make the scariest game on next-gen platforms. So if that’s what you want to play, that’s what we’re bringing.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-callisto-protocol-wants-to-be-the-scariest-next-gen-horror-game-ever

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Another article with Glen Schofield...

“All I can say is... that my goal and the goal of the team is to make the scariest game on next-gen platforms. So if that’s what you want to play, that’s what we’re bringing.”

Scariest next gen horror game ever is a bit of a low bar considering we have almost no games even released on next gen platforms yet...

• Like 3

Wow this actually looks good, Personally I loved horror games back a few gens ago but felt PS4 didn’t have too many great ones, yes I know there was a few but hopefully this game is just 1 of many great horror games to come in the upcoming years.

My bro recently brought the 3 original dead spaces so he’s hyped.

Of course a lot can happen by 2022 but there’s every reason to be excited ?.

• Like 1

I really dislike cinematic trailers because they reveal literally nothing abt gameplay so its hard judge, but they had me at Dead Space. 

Big hype for this, im just hoping the gameplay doesnt disappoint.

Shame it's so far away.... 

Perhaps I may revisit Dead Space next year actually at some point. Did they all have platinum and are they available on PSN, any1 know?? 

Just now, Optinooby said:

Did they all have platinum and are they available on PSN, any1 know??

Four of the five games in the Dead Space franchise have platinums, plus there's a German stack of DS2 I believe.

Just now, Helyx said:

Four of the five games in the Dead Space franchise have platinums, plus there's a German stack of DS2 I believe.

Oh great thanks, are they all on PSN, iirc DS3 is but thats the weaker 1, if im going to revisit any, think I would prefer 1 or 2

They have that difficulty mode dont they where you can only save 3 times or domet wasnt there...... damn they were great games ;)

I have DS1 digitally, so it’s safe to say they’re all available on psn

the difficulty trophy you’re talking about is in DS2.

I’ve yet to play 2 and 3, hoping for a remaster

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Oh great thanks, are they all on PSN, iirc DS3 is but thats the weaker 1, if im going to revisit any, think I would prefer 1 or 2

They have that difficulty mode dont they where you can only save 3 times or domet wasnt there...... damn they were great games ;)

Edited by TalalHmd

14 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

I have DS1 digitally, so it’s safe to say they’re all available on psn

the difficulty trophy you’re talking about is in DS2.

I’ve yet to play 2 and 3, hoping for a remaster

Just had a quick scan of the guides for 1/2, yea 2 is the harder longer platinum, im going to try and PLATINUM SPEEDRUN them both next year, starting with 1 as the warmup, providing I get time amongst newer games ;)

Second that m8, I cant recall if they need them as much as the REs as iirc DS had better controls, but I wouldnt say no to a remake ;)

EA said recently didnt they thay they are going to start remastering games so fingers crossed ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1