The Callisto Protocol (December 2, 2022)

ziggypossum

41 minutes ago, XchocomanX said:

Against my usual common sense, even after that major red flag (hiding things behind a season pass is VERY  "sus")  I went ahead and pre-ordered the collector's edition.

To say that my entire body shivered right after I hit the "place order" button is an understatement.

I'm scared.

In the end, it's just money.

On 21.11.2022 at 6:20 AM, XchocomanX said:

I’m gonna regret ordering the collectors edition, aren’t I? 

lol

On 25.11.2022 at 3:45 PM, XchocomanX said:

I'm scared.

lol

Edited by ziggypossum
lol

On 11/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, XchocomanX said:

Against my usual common sense, even after that major red flag (hiding things behind a season pass is VERY  "sus")  I went ahead and pre-ordered the collector's edition.

To say that my entire body shivered right after I hit the "place order" button is an understatement.

I'm scared.

Nothing is hidden behind a season pass. Glen said that the season pass content was not cut content and just started production on it. Never buy collectors editions unless you're a sucker for cheap plastic goods. 

• Like 2

From what i have see seems very interested. I really curious about the plot, certainly there is a private prison that is using as research facility/training ground and human scientists that delve into things beyond their comprehension. Dead Space was a Lovecraftian game, perhaps their will be similar elements.

Edited by ASMODAIOS344
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

I feel slightly uncertain about this one now, maybe I'll wait for a sale not sure. I'd like to be able to NG+ to a higher difficulty on launch, it seems strange for it to be coming in Feb.

Edited by bikeman223

By the way, what's going on for the pricing of this game digitally?

Sometimes it appears as $78.99 for the PS5/4 and sometimes it says $67.99 for PS5/4.

5 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

Sadly I can't enjoy this game due to the shit dodge system in the game. playing on hard and the system is just too clunky and hard to get used to. you can't remap it at this point

Is it any better if you turn on auto-dodge in the accessibility settings?

19 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

By the way, what's going on for the pricing of this game digitally?

Sometimes it appears as $78.99 for the PS5/4 and sometimes it says $67.99 for PS5/4.

Is it any better if you turn on auto-dodge in the accessibility settings?

been using that it is still too hard to do mate

Just got to chapter 6. Im pleasantly enjoying this game so far. Playing on Maximum security and besides a couple of sections its hasn't be to difficult. Two weird complaints I have is the game gives you to many items, Resources are not scarce in this game at all. Next weird one is I feel the game has to much atmospheric music/ sounds going on at once. Kinda takes away from the scariness. Wish there was more sections where it was just silence.....But yeah so far for me at least this game is a solid 7.5-8/10. Gonna finish the rest up tomorrow. 

Update: Just beat the game and got the plat. Overall I enjoyed it. In the last couple of chapters the game definitely dropped of a bit for me. Combat isn't bad but it isn't great just alright imo. There is a story there but it wasn't as fleshed out as it could of been. Actors also do a pretty good job for what they have. But anyways overall ima say its a 7/10 for me. If they decide to continue this ip hopefully they recognize all the criticism and feedback and improve on it. I am glad to have another big AAA survival horror game tho. Playing this also made me more excited for the dead space remake next month ?

Edited by jakD_710
  • Like 1

Dodging feels off at the start as it isn't suited for multiple enemies but you'll quickly get accustomed to it. I'm really enjoying the game so far. My only complaints right now is the overall lack of horror and the checkpoint system which can put you back quite a bit if you die while exploring optional areas. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Dodging feels off at the start as it isn't suited for multiple enemies but you'll quickly get accustomed to it. I'm really enjoying the game so far. 

Yeah its definitely something you have to get adjusted to. It becomes second nature the further you get in though.