HankValentine

Estimated time to get soon to be unobtainable trophy?

21 posts in this topic

Would anyone in the know, be kind enough to give me both an estimated time and a roadmap to get all 3 soon to be unobtainable trophies in shadow of mordor? 

So that's 'repaid in blood' 'the hunt is my mistress' and 'lord of the ring'. Can I go for those trophies immediately with no need to complete the game? How long will they take to get? 

Cheers. 

P.S I know there's some debate around wether or not the dlc trophies will become unobtainable but for the sake of this discussion, let's pretend they will be. :)

My suggestion is to get the Vendetta trophy out of the way ASAP. Since more people are playing, you should be able to find a Vendetta icon pop up on the map. Once you successfully kill off that Uruk Captain the trophy is yours.

Far easier and far less hassle than the Up To the Task trophy in Mad Max, which you can no longer get due to online scrap crews no longer working.

Edited by Spaz

If you're not very good to these type of games like me, my playtime is like:

Repaid in Blood: 2 hours ++

The Hunt is My Mistress: 7-8 hours

Lord of the Ring: 3-4 hours (practice from Hunt trophy carried over)

Can I go for those trophies immediately with no need to complete the game?

Yes. Repaid in Blood however is luck-based so ymmv. Other trophies can be done any time.

Edit: Updated Hunt trophy time

Edited by arceo

17 hours ago, arceo said:

If you're not very good to these type of games like me, my playtime is like:

Repaid in Blood: 2 hours ++

The Hunt is My Mistress: 7-8 hours

Lord of the Ring: 3-4 hours (practice from Hunt trophy carried over)

Yes. Repaid in Blood however is luck-based so ymmv. Other trophies can be done any time.

Edit: Updated Hunt trophy time

Pretty nice summary for doing those. I can confirm (and I'm one of the concerned persons around here about those trophies) that The Hunt is My Mistress is obtainable offline. Also, it took me around 3 tries using the back up save file method, which is a pretty cool feature you can exploit to your taste and makes the game even funnier as it is already (you can screw it a lot and used the learned mistakes to improve your run). Overall, it isn't that difficult but you can take a shoot taking this guide to build up your personal strategy and pursue that one, it really helped me a lot and drove me to acknowledge my captains/war chiefs general lay out: 

19 hours ago, dude said:

Would anyone in the know, be kind enough to give me both an estimated time and a roadmap to get all 3 soon to be unobtainable trophies in shadow of mordor? 

So that's 'repaid in blood' 'the hunt is my mistress' and 'lord of the ring'. Can I go for those trophies immediately with no need to complete the game? How long will they take to get? 

Cheers. 

P.S I know there's some debate around wether or not the dlc trophies will become unobtainable but for the sake of this discussion, let's pretend they will be. :)

You could edit the title of this thread and remove the suggestion that three trophies are becoming unobtainable, when as others have said, only one will be.

It took me 10 days to get the 100% for my first run and only 5 for my second since I already knew the mechanics. Both stacks are certainly doable within this last month, so I suggest playing through both now. It is an awesome game and you'll enjoy playing through it.

4 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

You could edit the title of this thread and remove the suggestion that three trophies are becoming unobtainable, when as others have said, only one will be.

Nah. I would, but after someone bizarrely accused me of scare mongering (that's a first and bloody odd) I think I'll leave it there. 

The weird response/accusation doesn't make sense otherwise and I don't want to misrepresent anybody. 

Other than that, this thread has had some great responses anyway, so future readers can decide for themselves. 

50 minutes ago, dude said:

Nah. I would, but after someone bizarrely accused me of scare mongering (that's a first and bloody odd) I think I'll leave it there. 

The weird response/accusation doesn't make sense otherwise and I don't want to misrepresent anybody. 

Other than that, this thread has had some great responses anyway, so future readers can decide for themselves. 

Don't take it too personally. The main thread for the shut down had a pattern where people would chime in confirming that the two DLC trophies could be earned offline only for the next post to say "HEY GUYS I HEARD MULTIPLE TROPHIES WOULD BE UNOBTAINABLE IS THAT TRUE???" Over and over and over.

Not saying that's what you're doing, but that's why people's patience on the topic has worn thin.

Edited by RNumbers

1 hour ago, RNumbers said:

Don't take it too personally. The main thread for the shut down had a pattern where people would chime in confirming that the two DLC trophies could be earned offline only for the next post to say "HEY GUYS I HEARD MULTIPLE TROPHIES WOULD BE UNOBTAINABLE IS THAT TRUE???" Over and over and over.

Not saying that's what you're doing, but that's why people's patience on the topic has worn thin.

Yeah that is exactly how it has been and it has been annoying to see that people have been shitting themselves about the 2 trophies. People should know by now not to take the word of Warner Bros games support staff. Submitting your score to the leaderboard is an online feature that will be affected by the server shutdown but the challenge requirements can be fulfilled without needing any leaderboard scores at all.

I guess that you'll still want to clean up the trophy list in the future so I'll mention a couple of things in regards to the 2 DLC trophies for you @dude.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:38 AM, dude said:

Your upgrades from the base game carry over to those challenges and both of those trophies require a lot of knowledge of the game's hierarchy mechanic in order to interrogate the correct enemies and locate captains and war chiefs, the base game explains this in high detail whereas when the challenge starts the game assumes you already have an understanding of the game. Aside from that when you are new to this game you might struggle to get to grips with the combat system and stealth, it can be daunting and you'll die a lot in the beginning because enemies will overwhelm you and you won't know how to heal yourself or have various important runes unlocked. I do recommend getting all of the base game trophies before attempting the 2 challenges, I'd say that the preparation time to actually get decent enough at the game to make a serious attempt at the challenges would be around 20 hours and then when you attempt the challenges they might take you 3-5 hours to complete, but this depends on RNG. The best method for Test of the Wild is the TrueAchievements one here: https://www.trueachievements.com/a196151/the-hunt-is-my-mistress-achievement it makes good use of the Riot mechanic where you can take a war chief and immediately go and attack other war chiefs with them, the RNG aspect will be keeping the same war chief alive, but you can also back up your save file whenever you want and revert to a previous save if your commanded war chief is dead. The Test of the Ring is much easier after you do Test of the Wild and you'll certainly understand the game better by then. Either way don't worry about the DLC trophies and do enjoy the game and do it at your own pace, you'll get many Vendetta missions along the way and that trophy will be simple to earn. I guess I'm done looking at this game's forum now because it always makes me cringe when people claim the DLC trophies will become unobtainable when Warner Bros support staff are utterly clueless about their own games.

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

Yeah that is exactly how it has been and it has been annoying to see that people have been shitting themselves about the 2 trophies. People should know by now not to take the word of Warner Bros games support staff. Submitting your score to the leaderboard is an online feature that will be affected by the server shutdown but the challenge requirements can be fulfilled without needing any leaderboard scores at all.

I guess that you'll still want to clean up the trophy list in the future so I'll mention a couple of things in regards to the 2 DLC trophies for you @dude.

This is the same company that has refused to answer peoples concerns for invasions not working in Mortal Kombat X, a game I know for a fact that you @Sergen did on your trophy account.

Apart from Test of the Wild and Test of the Ring, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor isn't all that hard of a game. Going to start Shadow of War and get those online trophies before they too become unobtainable, though realistically, it will be a couple of years at least before that happens.

17 hours ago, RNumbers said:

I don't use these forums mate, so I don't know what's going on. It's one thing saying it's already been posted or answered, at which point link to it. It's another to accuse somebody of coming here with an intention to spread misinformation to cause anxiety/worry/fear. Maybe the guy just worded himself poorly, at which point I'd advise him to speak with a bit more thought next time,  to avoid accidentally accusing people. 

Edited by dude

First rule of a (good) forum: use the search function.

I had vendetta missions in like 2 hours of gameplay, but countless during sll the run. And they are fairly easy.

Edited by breakXedge

37 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

First rule of a (good) forum: use the search function.

I had vendetta missions in like 2 hours of gameplay, but countless during sll the run. And they are fairly easy.

How far in the story did you progress before they showed up? I haven't seen a single one ._.;

6 hours ago, mako-heart said:

How far in the story did you progress before they showed up? I haven't seen a single one ._.;

Same here, I started the game 2 days ago and I've yet to spot a single Vendetta mission to knock that trophy out of the way. I love the game so far but I have that stress of trying to get that trophy out of the way as soon as I can. I've seen that you get it 2 hours into the game but I have about 4 now and don't see any. Is there any main missions I need to complete in order to access the Vendetta missions? If so which ones should I do first?

I can't fully confirm this because I can't find my standard copy of the game. But it appears that in the Game of the Year Edition, you can not get Vendetta missions until 2nd Zone. which depending on how well you handle the garbage movement/combat. takes around 8 hours. to get to the 2nd zone you have to take out all 5 of the war chief in the first zone. Something that can be a real pain in the butt if their bodyguards spawn in awful locations.

17 minutes ago, Draps-1337 said:

I can't fully confirm this because I can't find my standard copy of the game. But it appears that in the Game of the Year Edition, you can not get Vendetta missions until 2nd Zone. which depending on how well you handle the garbage movement/combat. takes around 8 hours. to get to the 2nd zone you have to take out all 5 of the war chief in the first zone. Something that can be a real pain in the butt if their bodyguards spawn in awful locations.

Well that's not true. I played the goty version of the game and got the first vendetta mission on the fist zone. In fact, I can't remember any vendetta mission on the 2nd zone, maybe it's hard to die by an uruk there.

Maybe you guys can try to create and alt account, add your main as a friend and then go die by an uruk several times. Maybe that would work.

1 minute ago, breakXedge said:

Well that's not true. I played the goty version of the game and got the first vendetta mission on the fist zone. In fact, I can't remember any vendetta mission on the 2nd zone, maybe it's hard to die by an uruk there.

Maybe you guys can try to create and alt account, add your main as a friend and then go die by an uruk several times. Maybe that would work.

Interesting. Both my partner and I weren't able to get a vendetta until zone 2. but immediately after the zone 2 intro quest the vendetta tutorial popup appeared. Then loads of them appeared in Zone 1 & Zone 2.

I guess I'll progress the story and hope for the best. Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

I have the GOTY version (just finished it last night, actually, took me 2 weeks) and I got countless Vendetta missions.  After I finished the first main quest with Ratbag I got 3 Vendetta missions back to back (only completed the first one for the trophy).  I ended up getting dozens in both Udun and Nurn before I finished the main game.

So weird. I got loads of them after reaching the second zone. in both zones.