Game thoughts

arcanehornet_

I have been waiting for this game for years as many of you have, after Witcher 3 I had high hopes for this devs next big game. Sure the textures take a while to load, there are many bugs even audio ones (I once entered a BD and had to listen to the audio of someone dying non-stop till i fast travelled). But there is also one thing- the NPCS. The NPCs are so lifeless it is pointless having them, they are always in one place there is virtually no interactivity. There is so much potential- there was a man groping a woman who seemed drugged up but when you engaged, the guy holding her just says how are you. The argument of going into the city centres does not solve the problem- the NPCs are scripted to stay in the exact same position and just don't do anything interesting. There is more interaction in GTA San Andreas! Now, this isn't game breaking I still enjoy it but it just makes the game a hollow shell with all the bells and whistles. They could have at least done something like smoke a cig wherever you want, this game was made too soon and should have just been on the PS5 it is stuck in a gen limbo.

TLDR; NPCs are dead and boring they don't do anything or say anything ruins the immersion of the game and why cant i buy pork buns to become a real man? 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised at all. Why did people actually decide to play it on the old systems in the first place? Until the native next gen versions are ready, many bugs will have been fixed. Maybe this will teach the people not to buy games at launch. The Witcher III was a buggy mess at launch as well. I have no idea why people thought it would be different this time around.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 2

Just like every major piece of work, it takes time to fix all the issues. Games like these (or from Ubisoft) take about a year, sometimes two, to become good/playable.

Gone are the days when a game was near perfect from launch. Around 2008 I believe. If you want to beta test, get day one or preorder. If you want no issues gameplay, wait a year.

From what I've seen, looks like a great game for me. I'll be waiting for the complete GOTY edition, hopefully when a PS5 v2 is available as well (with M.2 and USB save backups).

Not sure why they even tried last gen. I think they released previews too soon. Should've started this year, not 2018.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

I'm not surprised at all. Why did people actually decided to play it on the old systems in the first place? Until the native next gen versions are ready, many bugs will have been fixed. Maybe this will teach the people not to buy games at launch. The Witcher III was a buggy mess at launch as well. I have no idea why people thought it would be different this time around.

Honestly this actually gives me hope, The Witcher III is considered by many a defining game of its generation. If it was buggy at launch as well I'm hopeful they will get this game fixed. I don't have it in my hands yet but I'm pretty sure my wife is getting it for my birthday this Sunday. Regardless of the issues I'm excited to give it a shot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

No game is completely glitch or bug free. Many of the issues people keep repeating(literally copying the same pictures) is that CP2077 has a very poor texture rendering speed. 
It took 8 years, and? It is playable and can be finished. That is great for a game with so many interconnected quests.

I can find videos and pics about visual bugs in most games. Perfection is unattainable but if you want to focus on the problems you will always find a path for misery.

Couldn’t have said it better man. Exactly my thoughts.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

It's really baffling to see the current state of the game, considering how many times it got delayed. 

It sounds like they needed another

delay or two, but they didn't want to test our patience. Maybe they should've delayed it indefinitely, like Dying Light 2, and when it's 100% ready, announce the date. 

Edited by W571WE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, W571WE said:

It sounds like they needed another delay or two, but they didn't want to test our patience.

Nope, that's not the reason. Their stock dropped 25% after their last delay. it's purely about money. Another major delay could have ended the company.

34 minutes ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

I'm not surprised at all. Why did people actually decided to play it on the old systems in the first place? Until the native next gen versions are ready, many bugs will have been fixed. Maybe this will teach the people not to buy games at launch. The Witcher III was a buggy mess at launch as well. I have no idea why people thought it would be different this time around.

Just quoting a comment to show how dumb your take is.

"This take is so stupid. Playstation and XBOX are literally dedicated hardware. The dev developed this game targeting this hardware, and could QA on the hardware. It is not weird to expect stuff to work when the devs had the exact spec’d machine as what you play on (and pay AAA price for the game on).

They should have delayed or reduced price. I mean, unless people don’t mind I guess, but yeah… if you sell the game on this platform, it should obviously work. It’s not a port, and it’s not commodity hardware like your RAM example."

Edit: If someone here want to see an already good discussion about this topic and how brain dead this take im quoting here is, check this

Edited by gostamuito
Some more info to show how dumb your take is.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, gostamuito said:

Just quoting a comment to show how dumb your take is.

"This take is so stupid. Playstation and XBOX are literally dedicated hardware. The dev developed this game targeting this hardware, and could QA on the hardware. It is not weird to expect stuff to work when the devs had the exact spec’d machine as what you play on (and pay AAA price for the game on).

They should have delayed or reduced price. I mean, unless people don’t mind I guess, but yeah… if you sell the game on this platform, it should obviously work. It’s not a port, and it’s not commodity hardware like your RAM example."

Dude, base PS4 and X1 are not identical in terms of hardware power. X1 is significantly less powerful. Do your fucking homework. Btw, citing the godawful activist site Polygon just made me laugh. It's the same site that wrote one hit piece after the other. Fuck em.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

ive had 0 issues on ps5. Get a next gen console 

#bellend ?

This game as so much potential. When it gets released next gen it will be fantastic. 

But how can a company test it on current gen and think it is acceptable to release it. I was in absolute shock at the graphics when i first booted it up

Edited by dannyswfc9

6 minutes ago, ThalifmUS said:

And I am old fashioned to the point that I still think that a game should be released as a COMPLETE and FINISHED product, not a work in progress. We have grown complacent as a consumer base for games that we came to accept this as normal.

Agree 

Since companys have been able to patch games whenever they want they have become lazy, money grabbers. When was the last time you played a game and it was a finished product at launch? No i cant think of one either. 

21 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

No game is completely glitch or bug free. Many of the issues people keep repeating(literally copying the same pictures) is that CP2077 has a very poor texture rendering speed. 
It took 8 years, and? It is playable and can be finished. That is great for a game with so many interconnected quests.

I can find videos and pics about visual bugs in most games. Perfection is unattainable but if you want to focus on the problems you will always find a path for misery.

While you'll always find rare, strange and hilarious bugs in games like the one you posted, this particular statement about "It took 8 years, and? It is playable and can be finished" is one that I disagree with wholeheartedly. A game that is strictly playable and can be finished is a game in beta phase, (borderline) alpha even if you'd exclude specific features.

A game that's in beta, let alone alpha, is not something that should be made available to the masses. It needs to be playable, can be finished AND should be polished. From what I've heard and seen, for a lot of consumers, that last requirement is just not present.

No doubt the game itself is amazing, and the guys over at CD Projekt RED pour a lot of love in their games and communities as we've all witnessed, but I do believe pressure got the best of them and they were forced to release it right now alongside the new consoles launching as well, for optimal proceeds and profits. Cyberpunk 2077 obviously cost a lot of money to make, and they want to cash in asap; understandably. COVID probably screwed over their entire schedule, as it has for everything and everyone this year, so I do believe the game should have gotten a few more months in the oven for it to be in a launchworthy state.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Agree 

Since companys have been able to patch games whenever they want they have become lazy, money grabbers. When was the last time you played a game and it was a finished product at launch? No i cant think of one either. 

You're reaching hard, I can name like 10+ games that came out this year alone that were "finished products" at launch.

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3