Game thoughts

arcanehornet_

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You say that like it’s not hard to get one right now. Kind of a jerk thing to say for real. 

Oh jeez, he didn’t mean it like that. Get a next gen console and whenever ur able to get one, you can play a game with zero issues. Waiting a little longer shouldn’t be a problem. The devs were stupid to launch this game on PS4 or just too early and the people who bought this game on launch are just as stupid. The fact they delayed this game because it had performance issues on the PS4 should’ve been a warning sign “DON’T BUY THIS GAME YET!”. The people who bought this now gotta play a buggy mess and will complain and will just have to wait for update after update which could take, who knows, months until it releases on PS5 in 2021. Idk why people just can’t be patient, if its not worth the wait then why buy it.

I don't feel it's over hyped but the game definitely runs better on ps5 I feel they should of just waited and put it just on the new.  Also Tbh im fine with the bugs with a game this big its kinda hard to eliminate 100% of them just look how many times they delayed it and it stills has the bugs and to be fair as a consumer if you don't want to play it with the bugs you do have the option to wait and even maybe get a discount. 

3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Oh jeez, he didn’t mean it like that. Get a next gen console and whenever ur able to get one, you can play a game with zero issues. Waiting a little longer shouldn’t be a problem. The devs were stupid to launch this game on PS4 or just too early and the people who bought this game on launch are just as stupid. The fact they delayed this game because it had performance issues on the PS4 should’ve been a warning sign “DON’T BUY THIS GAME YET!”. The people who bought this now gotta play a buggy mess and will complain and will just have to wait for update after update which could take, who knows, months until it releases on PS5 in 2021. Idk why people just can’t be patient, if its not worth the wait then why buy it.

So people shouldn't buy games at launch and if they do, they are all stupid for expecting a finished product on the official release date.

Great logic you have here ??

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

So people shouldn't buy games at launch and if they do, they are all stupid for expecting a finished product on the official release date.

Great logic you have here 1f602.png1f44d.png

Of course its great logic. Developers push constantly. They do not take the time and do not keep their promises. They say “it will come out in 2020”, they get people extremely hyped up and make it seem like they have a good product. People still get fooled by this. The product got sold and what did people get? An unfinished product. This was not a successful launch yet again. Yes, people who buy at launch games are fools. This pattern keeps happening, over and over and over - yet people are still impatient and greedy enough to still fall for it. Then complain how the game is full of bugs. Why in the hell trust developers? People were very angry and disappointed when Cyberpunk kept getting delayed which puts a lot of pressure on the devs, so don’t start crying and whining when you get an unfinished product. Its really simple.

3 hours ago, LukasOxik said:

This is not about getting a PS5. The problem is they presented this back in 2013 for "old" generations of consoles now. And the game looks like PS2/PS3 game. 

>game looks like a PS2/PS3 game

LOL way to be hyperbolic AS FUCK. This looks NOTHING like a PS2 or PS3 game. Stop blowing smoke out your ass. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Forunth said:

Does noone remember Witcher 3 on release? It had tons of bugs, messy inventory etc? After updates and DLCs I genuinely consider it one of best games ever. Game looks gorgeous, has great animations, storytelling and acting. Night City is just begging to get lost in. 

Same people that say Cyberpunk is overhyped mess often say Skyrim is masterpiece. Bugs are annoying, but story, characters, world and dialogue IMO are most important, bugs can be squashed, but you can't fix boring characters or repetitive gameplay.

Yes those are great games and so is Cyberpunk, the story is amazing, the characters are very well constructed and the storyline is tight. HOWEVER, none of this excuses the technical aspect for the developers.

The fact that the game in its story is amazing should not be a scapegoat for the technical side of the game and the bugs in it. Both are important. They are charging you for both. 

The bottomline is, you paid a price for the story, for the world AND for a finished, polished and playable game. Period.
The Witcher 3 being buggy as hell at the release even though it is an amazing game is part of the problem, not a pardon. This is just to show that it had happened before and it is happening again, the praise that the witcher got over the years should not be a credit score for them to be able to release a game in this state again.  
They asked for a price, the customer paid it, they should be able to get their game at release in a polished way. And be able to complain about it if they don't and hold the company accountable.  
We as a community should hold them accountable for it and not go looking for excuses for them. 

Edited by ThalifmUS
  • Like 3

I'm hearing good things about the game itself (glitches and crashing aside), but it was clearly too ambitious for last-gen consoles. The timing of this game's release is just unfortunate because making it only available for PS5, Xbox Series, and PC would have greatly limited its sales. You could argue that CDPR shouldn't have even released the game on PS4/Xbox One in this state, but I guess they felt they couldn't delay it any further at this point, and outright cancelling it would have upset a lot of people. I'm sure it was a struggle developing the game for so many platforms, but I don't want to make excuses for them. They could have definitely handled this better. I guess the upside is that owners of the game on PS4 will receive the PS5 version for free when it releases sometime next year. That's one thing people who are playing the game on PS5 right now should consider - it's technically the PS4 version running in backwards compatibility.

I always intended to buy this game a few years down the line on PS5, preferably as some sort of complete edition. I'm sure most of the bugs will have been ironed out by then and it won't look/run like complete ass either. ? Besides, I still need to get back to The Witcher 3.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

First off I agree with @ThalifmUS, however its now the norm for issues to be overlooked and patched later, gone are the days when you could buy a game with little or no issues, we're now the beta testers and the funny thing is we pay them when it should be the other way around.

But in saying this I've come to terms with this reality .... 

Anyways in my experience the PS5 does not run this perfectly.

I've had a few crashes and a dumb bug where I could only walk at the slowest pace possible.... no running ….. nothing, it started during a gun fight soooo it was enough for me to turn it off, but to not ruin my experience I'm going to limit my playtime until there is a patch,

we've waited this long shouldn't be hard to wait a little longer for a better experience

There are plenty of other games out there to keep you busy in the mean time.... is Fallout 76 playable yet? ?

25 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

Pathetic comment and to be honest it is unacceptable on the PS5.  Quite easily the worst performing game on next gen hardware.

im just going off my first 5 hrs. Will bugs happen? probably but really, what game launch is perfect? none.

7 minutes ago, Squarevii87 said:

Send me 500 euros and with pleasure i will buy it

get a job

2 hours ago, ThalifmUS said:

Yes? Should we not expect the game to not be buggy? At launch, when we are supposed to be playing it? After paying for it? So the standard now is to pay a full price but only expect to play the game as it should be played months after the release? Is that it?

I honestly do not get that mentality. 
"The only reason this released on last gen consoles was to sell as many copies as possible because the majority of people don't have current gen consoles." - Is that an excuse? That is the main reason this is unacceptable 

I'm not saying what they did was acceptable, I'm just saying that people are acting too surprised. How many people rushed out to buy this game day one just because it's developed by the same people that made the Witcher 3? Even that game had issues at launch, yet here we are again with people rushing to buy a game that has been delayed several times partly because the devs were having trouble developing it for last gen. All of the reviews being for PC should have also been a red flag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

You're getting the game in a few days, meaning you haven't played and experienced it yourself. 

Exactly this! Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the story so far, but I had four game crashes alone today and I'm only playing for five hours.

The crashes and some of the bugs where I had to reload a mission because I couldn't finish it are annoying.

I've seen gameplay though and it looks great from what I have seen so yeah

Yeah, playing for a few hours after work today on the PS4 Slim... it's rough.

That being said, the framerate seems alright.  That's one thing that isn't really bothering me, interestingly enough.

The internal resolution is really low out in the world though, and I've had lots of textures/models popping in late... sometimes whole areas like a parking structure pop in after I've been in it for a few seconds.  Graphically it reminds me a lot of when I'd try to play GTAIV on my old crappy PC back in the day, and how I've have to turn everything on low.  You can tell there's an absolutely gorgeous game in there somewhere, but I don't think there's a patch good enough to make it happen on the PS4.  I can see some fixes/optimizations happening to help though.  There's going to be a native PS5 port eventually, probably in a complete edition along with DLC late next year... and it's gonna be amazing.

The glitches are the most frustrating part.  Having to re-load to get NPC's in the right place to get missions to proceed, lots of immersion breaking stuff like NPC's not sitting in chairs correctly, finding myself getting stuck in geometry because I like walked into a wall awkwardly or something.  Thankfully, I think these are all things that'll be addressed in a few big patches... which now that the game is out in the wild, I expect CD Projekt RED will take their lumps, go radio silent and work diligently to fix it up.

Kinda disappointing but I'll still enjoy it.  Took the day off from work tomorrow for a day to mess around in Night City, and mess around I shall.

Edited by Dreakon13

This game was mostly created for PC and next gen, as much as anyone here does not like to hear that. I treat this game like a Swtich port from the PS4, buggy and poor graphics it happens all the time with them.

For me I am waiting for the PS5 free update patch next year. It's already been mentioned that free DLC game content is also coming next year.
This feels like the 'we really wanted to delay again until the next gen console patches were finished but the fans started to attack us over the last delay so here we are Merry Christmas' approach

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Agree 

Since companys have been able to patch games whenever they want they have become lazy, money grabbers. When was the last time you played a game and it was a finished product at launch? No i cant think of one either. 

I don’t think it’s about money grabbing these places have over heads and need the money to survive. It’s easy to say delay it for 6 months and fix it but studios don’t have unlimited funds. 
it’s a shitty business practice but it’s not always got sinister motives. It’s one reason why I’ve stopped buying at launch so much, that and a lack of time. 

3 hours ago, Forunth said:

Does noone remember Witcher 3 on release? It had tons of bugs, messy inventory etc? After updates and DLCs I genuinely consider it one of best games ever. Game looks gorgeous, has great animations, storytelling and acting. Night City is just begging to get lost in. 

Same people that say Cyberpunk is overhyped mess often say Skyrim is masterpiece. Bugs are annoying, but story, characters, world and dialogue IMO are most important, bugs can be squashed, but you can't fix boring characters or repetitive gameplay.

The horrendous frame rate is no bug. It has no business being on last gen consoles.

• Like 1