Game thoughts

arcanehornet_

Just now, HoorayForTyler said:

How adult of you to admit that about yourself. Idk if you’re playing some special edition of the game but there’s definitely horrible textures all around, some not even loading in properly or popping in seconds after turning the camera. And I already fooled with the settings, it makes things easier on the eyes but it still doesn’t scream next gen. If you think it does I’m happy for you, but would like to know where you get your eyes checked. 

i never said it screamed next gen. Its been openly stated its a last gen game that runs better on next gen hardware. While the next gen version will be available in 2021. 

16 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

it makes things easier on the eyes but it still doesn’t scream next gen.

I think you have way too high expectations of this game. It is a PS4 game, why did you think it would scream next gen?

I have had no texture problems. they all look really good for a PS4 game and never glitches. I've only had very minor glitches like floating stuff but less than in RDR2 for example. 

I don't know what to tell you except that it seems to variate a lot between PS5 owners. I'm one of the lucky ones for sure.

Also fu Legacy. Dont know if those are real spoilers but that is really not cool either way

4 minutes ago, Woopa777 said:

I think you have way too high expectations of this game. It is a PS4 game, why did you think it would scream next gen?

I have had no texture problems. they all look really good for a PS4 game and never glitches. I've only had very minor glitches like floating stuff but less than in RDR2 for example. 

I don't know what to tell you except that it seems to variate a lot between PS5 owners. I'm one of the lucky ones for sure.

Also fu Legacy. Dont know if those are real spoilers but that is really not cool either way

Look, I’m not trying to take a massive deuce on the game alright, I’m just giving my thoughts on it after my time playing.

And hold up their pal...high expectations? What. You cannot even say I have high expectations bc this game has—once again—been in development for eight years. Eight. Years. That’s plenty of time to polish it. It looks like something on par with Fallout 4, honestly worse. And how you have managed to have no texture problems is beyond my comprehension, but you’re happy with it and that’s what matters. 

• Like 1

I personally only put a couple hours into it but my initial impression is good. Loving the depth of RPG elements, character customization is fantastic, music is quality, voice acting is on point.

I will say I’m playing it on PS5, while I don’t have the performance issues of last gen I have noticed bugs. But they don’t bother me, games like this are just prone to bugs, Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher, etc... it’s basically in their nature and mentally I feel immune to them bothering me.

I’d say my only complaint, and it’s not even really a complaint is the lack of population density... the city looks very empty. However I know this is due to it being a PS4 title atm, the PS5 upgrade will likely have a lot more going on.

I will say, that given this was marketed towards PS4/X1 and seeing what I’ve seen I believe any player who purchased it to play on last gen should be given a refund / store credit... it’s just not meant to be a last gen title, and really shouldn’t have been sold until the current gen version was ready.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Look, I’m not trying to take a massive deuce on the game alright, I’m just giving my thoughts on it after my time playing.

And hold up their pal...high expectations? What. You cannot even say I have high expectations bc this game has—once again—been in development for eight years. Eight. Years. That’s plenty of time to polish it. It looks like something on par with Fallout 4, honestly worse. And how you have managed to have no texture problems is beyond my comprehension, but you’re happy with it and that’s what matters. 

i guess people forget when a game is in development it isnt 100% focus on the gameplay itself. There's designs, models, assets, blah blah blah. Then they put everything together.  That is one issue i have with todays game world, early announcements. 1.5 year wait max... i wish they kept it next gen only but i know from a financial standpoint it makes sense to release on as many platforms as possible 

Be happy patches are a thing then, eventually you may get the game you wanted. Shit happens. Deal with it.

38 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Again, if it looks like Fallout 4 on yours, it looks a lot better on mine. I don't know why, but it does. Same goes for the texture problems. When i have had none of  them and you have had many, there is clearly just something on our ends that is different that makes a huge deal. Maybe the patch doesn't work right in your region, i have no idea what it could be, but something is clearly different. 

I understand why you are frustrated, I sure would be if it looked that bad on mine.

Played 7/8 hours on PS5 yesterday. Had 3 crashes in that time, but each time reverted to an autosave that only lost me about 2 minutes tops. Had one other small issues re: some lines of dialogue getting cut off early without my button input (happened only once or twice) but apart from that runs fine. To compare it to another undercooked game that released recently, this certainly runs better than Watch Dogs Legion did for me.

Not quite sure what people are complaining about graphics wise - it's not the best looking PS4 game even when played on PS5 but it definitely doesn't look bad either? Like yeah, it isn't right at the cutting edge of what these new consoles are capable of graphically (because they haven't released a next-gen version yet?) but I would definitely disagree with those who said it looks blurry or outdated - that isn't an experience I've had at all.

Anyway, I've very much enjoyed what I have played so far. I'm a little bit into Act 2 currently but I'm finding the narrative to be well-written and engaging, gunplay feels good (not amazing, but good) and driving is okay - perfectly serviceable and I actually like that it feels weighty and a bit different to a lot of its contemporaries. 

14 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

A game not being completable prevents the transition out of beta. Games don't even have a full structure in alpha to worry about being able to beat it. 

My comment about being playable and being able to be completed is more about the people saying that poor texture rendering makes the game unplayable.

I don't exclude specific features. I did include the matter of all the interconnected quests.

Incorrect. A game in beta phase is effectively "playable" and can be finished. Does it run properly? No, but that's why I included the word "strictly".

14 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The argument would then because what individuals would consider game breaking or intolerable. What I've seen from the people complaining has been the same few videos with issues that are mainly texture rendering with the worst being able to fall outside of the map(this is either incomplete objects or an extension to the game not rendering objects fast enough). People take those issues then claim "worst game ever" even though slow rendering textures is a minor issue that can be found in damn near every PS4 game. Don't confuse that statement with me settling for mediocrity but rather pointing out how unfair it is to hold any single game guilty for common performance.

First of all, people claiming that textures not loading in properly and falling outside or through the map renders a game to be "the worst game ever" are petty consumers who don't understand gradations. I'd happily let one of those chumps play Agony or Mindjack - I've played actual awful games and know what a genuine bad game is like.

That being said, I'm not sure if you understand gradations in severity either. Screen tearing and the odd little texture popping in, that I can still cope with, factoring in how complex game development is these days. Falling outside of the game world's map, or an entire frigging model lacking all textures up close (like OP's post), that's just unacceptable. If you think that's alright, you do actually seem to be settling for technical mediocrity.

These kinds of discussions really baffle me sometimes. How many people here actually know what in the holy hell they're talking about?

Bearing in mind that I'm playing it on the new generation of hardware (Xbox Series X), I absolutely love it. It looks ridiculously good on the Series X, especially without film grain/chromatic aberration and the quests are fun and nicely paced. I like it's not action-action-action, it has that RDR2 quality where everything feels paced and more natural. I actually love more slower-paced games like this, it allows you to soak in the atmosphere and appreciate the impactful moments a bit more. The world is vibrant and extremely immersive. I also think the weapons are fun, and I'm enjoying the story so far. Basically, very few complaints, and its living up to my expectations. It's a shame its so poorly optomised for Xbox One/PS4 but I personally didn't have many issues with a quick test on the Xbox One X, either.

2 (minor) complaints. Firstly, I'm a bit disappointed with Keanu Reeves' performance as Johnny Silverhands. He's okay, but the performance seems a bit flat and is character all the place (about 1/2 through the story, so might develop). I don't feel like I relate to him, or understand him. Other characters are terrific, though. Secondly - and I don't know what the endings are (pls no spoilers) - but I know that the 4 main endings are all based one dialogue interaction, picking one of 4 options. I am glad from an achievement perspective but its a shame in regards of the game. I'd have preferred it be like Fallout 4 where each ending trails off into its own path in the final 30-40%. You could always re-load then and work on the others without 4+ runs.

Edited by PhantomFear94

13 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Work for a gaming store or something. Get it put on hold when stock arrives. They may say that they cant do that, but they do. 

Sorry but that’s the funniest, and worst suggestion I’ve ever been given.

Mostly for the sheer fact I’d leave a good paying job to go work for a lot less for something that happens every 7 or so years.

I’ll pass though lol. 

(going to guess this is how you got one and it’s against your stores company policy.. hope they don’t IP trace you... )

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seth_Loyce said:

It's a dissaster that's getting top ratings because of how hyped it is. Same shit happened to Assassins Creed Unity and despite they fixed it in two weeks it got trashed by the press. 

It got top ratings because most reviewers played on pc and it is a great game without those technical issues (on pc). Unity was a mediocre game AND had problems on pc as well, not just on console.

I will wait for the real Ps5 version and play it with good graphics, 60 fps and when most of the bugs are fixed. I rather have a great game with bugs and technical issues at release ( I can guarantee you the problems will be fixed in 6-7 months, at least on ps5) than a mediocre game without bugs and technical issues. This game will be great in a few months, a mediocre game will always be mediocre. Of course it sucks for those people who bought the game at release. Releasing the game in this state (Ps4/X1) is outrageous and it is impossible to defend the developers.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, H2JXO said:

The more I play the blander it feels, such a shame. Witcher 3 was a whole other experience, the NPCs are bugging me too much why are they so basic?! 

Yeah too much hype unfortunately. I wish the game has more things to do.

For example: Yakuza Like a Dragon has many minigames for the players so it’s not just about killing enemies constantly or going through missions.

Cyberpunk’s vertical open world design is first of its kind but that’s all it has. pretty graphics if you run it on a nice pc.

if you explore inside the city, you will see everything is the same thing over and over. A bunch of vending machines, random junks for you to pick up, and some pointless NPC that just stood there or walk around mindelessly.

It just feels “barebone” if you know what I mean. An empty shell that looks good from outside.

• Like 1

Just played 2-3h on my PS5 and can't say that the game sucks, bad graphics etc like I've been reading before I started playing 

Sure, I had 1 game crash and had to do 1 restart because a quest glitched on me (fixed after restart). But overall I'm already in love with the atmosphere and will continue enjoying playing hopefully. Yes some minor graphical bugs too.

I didn't really have any expectations like most people so I'm pretty impressed. I can agree that it wouldve been better without crashes

32 minutes ago, insaneeeRob said:

Tbh I really like this game and everything related to this "cyberpunk universe" but it's really sad that the experience of ps4 may not get better in the future.... or maybe it will, who knows.

It’s a freaking “Cyberpunk” game about criminals right? Let us gamble and do other crazy stuff. “Sex” is pointless feature bcz it’s just video that you watch some stupid NPCs moving around.

Let us do real stuff that are actually fun. Like gamble with other players (100% will not happen though), Gang Wars maybe? spice things up... It doesn’t have to be mission, mission, mission all the times.

Give us real “endgame contents” to play with. stronger enemies, different types of new enemies with mechanics that you need to learn and adapt, better loots not just higher stats.. This is an RPG? The developers need to learn from other franchises. Where are the endgame/postgame contents? The story is 15 hours long in Cyberpunk.. God i can go on and on.

The game feels so barebone that basically you are just doing missions and listening to some stupid dialogues and that’s it.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Sorry but that’s the funniest, and worst suggestion I’ve ever been given.

Mostly for the sheer fact I’d leave a good paying job to go work for a lot less for something that happens every 7 or so years.

I’ll pass though lol. 

(going to guess this is how you got one and it’s against your stores company policy.. hope they don’t IP trace you... )

lol i don't work for one. 

Just now, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Then you got lucky. Zero places here will hold or even acknowledge that they even have consoles. Very few actually even had any at all on launch day or Black Friday (the day of).

So count yourself lucky then I guess _shrug_

guess so. I was saying there are multiple places that do that tho.

From what i seen, black friday was all online only here due to that virus garbage