“Geared Up” Trophy

jorb1n

Does anyone know about the “Geared Up” trophy besides the one guy that unlocked it. The way I understand it, it’s tell you to purchase all unlockable customizations, which you obtain by leveling up, correct? Also, does that include weapon skins?

Edited by rvh---podz

12 minutes ago, rvh---podz said:

Does anyone know about the “Geared Up” trophy besides the one guy that unlocked it. The way I understand it, it’s tell you to purchase all unlockable customizations, which you obtain by leveling up, correct? Also, does that include weapon skins?

Pretty sure it's as the description reads anything that's awarded through level up used for customization.

52 minutes ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Hello. Indeed, the trophy requires you to buy every item cutomization (weapon + character). Unlocking them isn't enough. You don't have to buy the items unlocked through the challenges but only the ones related to leveling up.

Thanks for the Info, Mister "theOneGuyWhoUnlockedIt".

Hi guys, currently working on this trophy list myself, and the geared up trophy is nothing short of a pain in the arse.  I hit level 50 today, and I am still 50,000 coins off being able to buy all the items.  I'm going to write a guide with some advice for the fastest and easiest ways to achieve this platinum, as I have spent an extensive amount of time this month going for it, and there have been very few videos/ written guides with methods for achieving some of the more tedious trophies.  

Can confirm that Geared Up requires all levelling unlocks. So be ready for a grind!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't prepared for how much of a grind this one would be, compared to the weapons and XP. I needed about 22K coins after I reached level 50, and it's still taking forever. If I get a decent number of kills and place in the top 3 in Last Worm Standing, that's still under 400 coins per round. And deathmatch awards only 125 for second place and caps kills at 50 coins, so you're looking at <500 coins for a good performance in an 8-minute round (more like 10 after matchmaking and loading screens). Whew!

• Like 1

I think the XP and coins for placing well or winning is frustrating as there's just so little variation but the caps on coins for kills just doesn't make much sense to me. I've enjoyed the game but that has started to wane and I am a long way off from level 50 let alone all the items, so much so that I think I may leave it now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IrishGuyJay said:

I wasn't prepared for how much of a grind this one would be, compared to the weapons and XP. I needed about 22K coins after I reached level 50, and it's still taking forever. If I get a decent number of kills and place in the top 3 in Last Worm Standing, that's still under 400 coins per round. And deathmatch awards only 125 for second place and caps kills at 50 coins, so you're looking at <500 coins for a good performance in an 8-minute round (more like 10 after matchmaking and loading screens). Whew!

If you are fortunate enough to have friends playing this game it is much faster to win games and earn coins in the Last Squad Standing mode. I pretty much get 500 coins or close to that each game and it adds up pretty quickly because me and my friend are able to finish the game in about 3 minutes on average.

Edit: I also think completing daily challenges, that you have already completed before, award you additional coins.

Edited by uJamii
More information
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, z3pt0 said:

What Is the fast way to farm Coin?

Definitely winning Last Squad/Worm Standing and "The Lab" levels. Although It can be exhausting, It seems like afking an alternative option, you won't earn as much but since there is no penalty for idle/afking it's a great way to passively get closer to your goal.

12 hours ago, z3pt0 said:

What Is the fast way to farm Coin?

Afk in deathmatch I'd say, otherwise if you're good, playing deathmatch and landing in the top 3 consistently will earn you ~400 coins per game. Also, keep doing daily challenges, once you run out of awards you get 1k per challenge.

5 minutes ago, ScavzYT said:

Definitely winning Last Squad/Worm Standing and "The Lab" levels. Although It can be exhausting, It seems like afking an alternative option, you won't earn as much but since there is no penalty for idle/afking it's a great way to passively get closer to your goal.

Last Squad / Worm standing aren't worth it imo, way too much wait and setup and then if you die early (and you probably will), you only get <200 coins.

3 hours ago, ScavzYT said:

How would you AFK this game? I've got a turbo controller but because matches don't cycle if I just turbo'ed X on the controller it wouldn't work (it would keep pressing ready up & cancel alternatively on the main menu).

Gonna have to take back what I said last time - if you can win Last Worm Standing / survive to the end (and do a fair bit of damage, since damage also gives exp and such), you do get a hefty few coins in less time than Deathmatch. The only problem is queue times for Last Worm Standing can be immense sometimes. But these days you get like 6-10p Last Worm Standing games which make for fairly easy surviving. Also good for leveling the Rocket Shield, which is extremely hard to find and even harder to keep due to the breakable nature.

On 2/15/2021 at 2:51 AM, whittle181 said:

How would you AFK this game? I've got a turbo controller but because matches don't cycle if I just turbo'ed X on the controller it wouldn't work (it would keep pressing ready up & cancel alternatively on the main menu).

Just let yourself die and then don't respawn for the whole game.

10 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Gonna have to take back what I said last time - if you can win Last Worm Standing / survive to the end (and do a fair bit of damage, since damage also gives exp and such), you do get a hefty few coins in less time than Deathmatch. The only problem is queue times for Last Worm Standing can be immense sometimes. But these days you get like 6-10p Last Worm Standing games which make for fairly easy surviving. Also good for leveling the Rocket Shield, which is extremely hard to find and even harder to keep due to the breakable nature.

Just let yourself die and then don't respawn for the whole game.

Yes but the match only last about 8 minutes (for deathmatch), after that it puts you back to the main menu and you'd have to manually start the process all over again unless you can avoid doing that somehow?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I have purchased all the items except those that were added with the latest update (1.06/1.07) and the trophy didn’t pop. Thus, if it is not bugged, I can confirm that the grind was extended, as there are 4 new costumes, 11250 each. PS4 btw. If there’s anyone who got the trophy without purchasing these costumes, please contact me.

Hi, I just found an article from about a month ago saying that during the latest update when it was during the double xp event that some trophies glitches had been fixed like on a roll, challenger and last worm standing but Tolled up and Geared Up they are still trying to fix. Here’s the link https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2021/02/18/worms-rumble-free-battlegrounds-bank-dlc-patch-notes-double-xp-trophy-fixes/

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1