Patch 1.03 + 1.04

ThalifmUS

I get the crunch time and delaying it over and over again yet they still manage to ruin a release. I love the game and story so far but jesus! I thought those extra months were to focus on polishing the game. I felt like the 8 million people who bought this game (including me) became the game tester for CyberPunk 2077. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mvpeast said:

The game expects you to know some characters even though they are total strangers to people that are not familiar to the franchise.

"The franchise"? This game is a completely new IP. It doesn't expect you to know anything about people that it doesn't explain to you, but you can also do side quests for bigger characters/gangs to learn more about them and possibly even romance them. That's how most Western RPGs work.

It’s like hey look it’s that big name guy. I was like who the hell is that? Idk about these characters. I tried to look them up on google and yeah that just complicate things even more with all of their lores. I am feeling confused more than anything else.

Okay, I'm not sure how many stories you've been through, but usually when a big name character is introduced in a story, and the characters all seem to know them well than you do, then you are a less omnipotent viewer to the story. The characters in the world know about this person because Night City has existed for a long, long time and people have cemented their legacy and made names for themselves. You, the player, are a newcomer to the city, and as a result you don't automatically know everything that's happening here. For example, if you went to a city in real life, and there was a big name guy there that the regulars knew, you wouldn't automatically know everything about them unless you tried to by interacting with them or asking questions about them--which the game desperately wants you to do. That's kind of the entire point of an RPG. You were just put into a fascinating city filled with big names, crimes, and people eager to become big. Settle in and try to immerse yourself without pulling out Google every five minutes.

The game is heavily focused on Japan and that’s hard for me to understand as well. Punk culture and traditional Japanese culture are the complete opposite of each other.

No it isn't. (By the way, what is "Punk Culture"? Do you mean the Cyberpunk genre? That isn't really limited to one culture so idk what you're trying to say here.) Anyways--The Japanese gangs are heavily rooted in traditional Japanese culture, just as the Nomad gangs are rooted in much more traditional American redneck grease monkey culture, etc. The game is what you make of it. If you hang around in Japantown 90% of the time and never see anywhere else or interact with people outside of that area, you're gonna have a more Japanese experience. If you hang around in the Badlands 90% of the time, you're gonna have more of an outsider "craving freedom" experience.

Characters speak in foreign languages and all of a sudden they speak english again.

Yes, some people just prefer speak their native tongue to their family members/close friends, and proceed to speak English to people who only speak English. That's how real life works. You've never had any friends that speak multiple languages and end up speaking their native language with family members and English with you? Kinda baffles me that you said this like that just never happens lmao, it's extremely common.

Hopefully the patch will smooth things out a bit..

From a perspective about how badly the game runs on base Playstation 4s, or the ample bugs, I agree. Hopefully it does. But if you're saying this in regards to narrative or world building (which I assumed based off of your discussion before stating this) then I'm afraid you're out of luck. The base game itself won't change much. If you don't enjoy it or what it's going for, then it's probably best to just let it be and play something else.

Edited by JackisJack_
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JackisJack_ said:

"The franchise"? This game is a completely new IP. It doesn't expect you to know anything about people that it doesn't explain to you, but you can also do side quests for bigger characters/gangs to learn more about them and possibly even romance them. That's how most Western RPGs work.

Okay, I'm not sure how many stories you've been through, but usually when a big name character is introduced in a story, and the characters all seem to know them well than you do, then you are a less omnipotent viewer to the story. The characters in the world know about this person because Night City has existed for a long, long time and people have cemented their legacy and made names for themselves. You, the player, are a newcomer to the city, and as a result you don't automatically know everything that's happening here. For example, if you went to a city in real life, and there was a big name guy there that the regulars knew, you wouldn't automatically know everything about them unless you tried to by interacting with them or asking questions about them--which the game desperately wants you to do. That's kind of the entire point of an RPG. You were just put into a fascinating city filled with big names, crimes, and people eager to become big. Settle in and try to immerse yourself without pulling out Google every five minutes.

No it isn't. (By the way, what is "Punk Culture"? Do you mean the Cyberpunk genre? That isn't really limited to one culture so idk what you're trying to say here.) Anyways--The Japanese gangs are heavily rooted in traditional Japanese culture, just as the Nomad gangs are rooted in much more traditional American redneck grease monkey culture, etc. The game is what you make of it. If you hang around in Japantown 90% of the time and never see anywhere else or interact with people outside of that area, you're gonna have a more Japanese experience. If you hang around in the Badlands 90% of the time, you're gonna have more of an outsider "craving freedom" experience.

Yes, some people just prefer speak their native tongue to their family members/close friends, and proceed to speak English to people who only speak English. That's how real life works. You've never had any friends that speak multiple languages and end up speaking their native language with family members and English with you? Kinda baffles me that you said this like that just never happens lmao, it's extremely common.

From a perspective about how badly the game runs on base Playstation 4s, or the ample bugs, I agree. Hopefully it does. But if you're saying this in regards to narrative or world building (which I assumed based off of your discussion before stating this) then I'm afraid you're out of luck. The base game itself won't change much. If you don't enjoy it or what it's going for, then it's probably best to just let it be and play something else.

I'm playing cyberpunk on PS5 so it's playable. After the first heist, the story does get better.. I just don't like they way they introduce some key Japanese characters. they feel forced/off to me and the developers don't truly understand their cultures. I spent a lot of time looking at the props in that place and taking pictures. I showed the game to my real japanese friends. they said the characters don't even look like japanese lol and i agreed 100%. It just feels weird but the other ones are totally fine because most of them fit in the world, gangster, etc.

The franchise I just mean the Cyberpunk 2020 table top game, that's how it called maybe. I don't know anything about Cyberpunk but I try to learn about it. I find it awkward that our characters can't drive in flying cars though, not including cut scene.

Edited by mvpeast

On 12/12/2020 at 9:55 AM, addictedgamer747 said:

lol

Prove otherwise, they’re one of those devs that is known to be “consumer friendly” they have that reputation for a reason. 

On 12/13/2020 at 8:19 AM, DaTruthAboutCats said:

I've been searching and still don't have the answer I want to see. For a base ps4 does the game remain stable and are the bugs fixed? Or should I wait and get a ps4 or more patches? 

After the last patch on PS4 it pretty much stopped the crashing for me, there’s small visual bugs here and there but not enough to completely ruin the game. 

On 12/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, mvpeast said:

I'm playing cyberpunk on PS5 so it's playable. After the first heist, the story does get better.. I just don't like they way they introduce some key Japanese characters. they feel forced/off to me and the developers don't truly understand their cultures. I spent a lot of time looking at the props in that place and taking pictures. I showed the game to my real japanese friends. they said the characters don't even look like japanese lol and i agreed 100%. It just feels weird but the other ones are totally fine because most of them fit in the world, gangster, etc.

The franchise I just mean the Cyberpunk 2020 table top game, that's how it called maybe. I don't know anything about Cyberpunk but I try to learn about it. I find it awkward that our characters can't drive in flying cars though, not including cut scene.

It’s playable on PS4 as well, the whole thing is ridiculously exaggerated. 

• Like 1

The update has it really running better on base ps4.  Combat is so much better.  I got be honest, I'm not sure what game east is playing.  I find the world and npcs pretty deep.  Theyre having convo's ect, maybe not with you all the time.  The depth in this game is crazy.  And not all the time are they talking, but to say the city is dead is pretty out there imo.  I've seen a few gang fights, police vs gang.   I'm grateful the update really, really made it that much more enjoyable/playable.  I assume more updates will come.  Now they, need to work on the blue screens.   1 tonight.

What difficulty are you on eastmvp?  Im on hard and I'm loving the immersion, stealth and reward.  Im guessing you're on on normal or lower, but you did already delete it... So it says a little bit of your patience with it. Got some good guns now and still run into gangs I need to avoid. 

A lot of side missions, the story is crazy trippy.  It's not perfect, but Its playable with new update.

• Like 1