Trophy Duplication

Destro_Gaming27

I know that most people who use PSNPROFILES are legitimate trophy hunters, but I have to ask this one question: Why do we, the community, allow people who duplicate their trophies on different servers i.e. Completing a trophy list in EU, for example, then changing to a US/AU/JP server just to boost their own trophy count? I personally believe we should remove players who take such action to make the competition of trophy hunting, and obtaining better world rankings a level playing field, so to speak.

Any thoughts on this matter you can respond here, or dm me on Twitter @D3str0Th3Noo8.

Thanks in advance, and keep sacrificing games to the trophy gods.

Your friend and fellow trophy hunter, Destro_Gaming27.

P.S. If you dm me on Twitter, my name is Rachael, and I will be happy to add you on PSN as well if you want to.

In that mindset couldn't people criticize you for getting all those easy quick plats, which take little to no effort? Not saying I agree with region stackers I personally wouldn't do it, but calling for their heads and discussing whether they should be banned is a bit much dude. 
Espeically when 11 of your 31 plats are dedicated to POWGI lol 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Destro_Gaming27 said:

legitimate trophy hunters

"Legitimate trophy hunters" 

Everyone is actually allowed here when it comes to gaming styles. To be on the leaderboards you just have to abide by the leaderboard rules and that means earning trophies according to the guidelines. In your region or outside, one time or six. Earned trophies are earned trophies.

43 minutes ago, Destro_Gaming27 said:

I personally believe we should remove players who take such action to make the competition of trophy hunting, and obtaining better world rankings a level playing field

The playing field is as level as it's ever going to be. We all have different amounts of money and time and all have access to the same games. You're looking to restrict people for artificial reasons under the guise of "better" but what makes it better?

It sounds like you just want a leaderboard catered to your play style and that's fine if that's your proposition. The leaderboard here is just "most trophy points". That's it.

• Like 2

It's allowed because Sony allows the devs and publishers to have multiple trophy lists for different regions and platforms.  As long as the trophy is earned without cheating, it's a legitimate trophy.  I also think it's funny to see someone complaining about this when I see their most recently played game is a POWGI game, and those are cross buy and give you two easy plats for cheap.  Pot calling the kettle black much?  And a level playing field where all can get good world rankings?  Like you really expect that you can catch up to the top people in the world when you joined PSN in 2016 and they have been trophy hunting since trophies were introduced in 2008?

Put simply, trophy hunting has never been a level playing field.  People have different tastes, skills, money to spend and time to play games.  What should matter the most is having fun playing the games you enjoy, not your ranking on the leaderboards or what others play to get to their rankings.  I'm also sick and tired of people griping about stacking and in general judging people's profiles for playing games differently.  If someone has fun stacking a bunch of POWGI or Ratalaika plats, then that's their business.

• Like 1

I don't disagree with it, as I had an old account where I had the FF13, 13-2 and Tales of Graces F platinums on the EU server. I moved and created a Japanese account two years later which is this one and the only one i use now, and I got these three games again but the Japanese versions which have separate trophy lists. So although I got two platinums for the same game on different servers (EU and JP), I earned them legitimately . I was also studying Japanese and wanted to replay them on the JP server instead of the EU one again. I think a trophy is just a trophy, whether it's the same game on two different regions, or different games on the same region. One still needs to put the same time and effort into it either way. 

On 12/12/2020 at 1:42 PM, ladynadiad said:

And a level playing field where all can get good world rankings?  Like you really expect that you can catch up to the top people in the world when you joined PSN in 2016 and they have been trophy hunting since trophies were introduced in 2008?

I got a PS4 in 2016 (my first Playstation ever) and your type of mindset is exactly how I approach trophies. Trophy hunting is a personal competition to get as many trophies and experiences as I can out of games I enjoy, not a competition against others. Last month, a guy was shit-talking me and mentioned how he has 65 platinums and I only had 10-11. Not only were his plats mostly silly bullshit games, but he also fell short on the plats for FFXV, Nier Automata, and Fallout 4. I couldn't help but laugh a little.

You said it perfectly. If people like this are having fun, that's their business.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't really care about what other people do with their trophy lists.

I'm of the mindset that the only trophy list you should care about is your own. Rather than worry about how many trophies other people have got and how they got them (multiple regions, easy platinums etc) just focus on making your list what you want it to be. Once you start comparing it to someone else's, you diminish it's value. I'm not fussed if someone has 100 platinums from Ratalaika titles or 100 from the longest RPG's out there. They're not my trophies so do what you want.

Besides, the whole "these trophies/games shouldn't count" attitude comes across as a bit gatekeepery. Same with the "My Name is Mayo has ruined everything for everyone". Picking and choosing what to judge a trophy leaderboard on is a slippery slope.