World Traveler Trophy Glitch ?

inciteen

On 12.12.2020 at 11:37 PM, adverse_event said:

Let us know if that solves it.

Since seeing this thread I have noticed not a single person has unlocked World Traveler or Safecracker so I think we are screwed. 

You could check out this thread now. All trophies should be achievable. The only exception is those two trophies you mentioned would need to be done in one game session. I would probably wait and see if the performance of the game changes as I have been terrorized with crashes since launch. Funny enough the developers took the servers down for maintenance earlier today and after that I didn't had a single crash. Too early to say if they have fixed the issue regarding crashes though.

Edited by Fugl7

8 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

You could check out this thread now. All trophies should be achievable. The only exception is those two trophies you mentioned would need to be done in one game session. I would probably wait and see if the performance of the game changes as I have been terrorized with crashes since launch. Funny enough the developers took the servers down for maintenance earlier today and after that I didn't had a single crash. Too early to say if they have fixed the issue regarding crashes though.

Yea. I will wait until the crashes and trophies are sorted out as it will be a better experience then and I have plenty to play atm. Thanks!

For everyone, I deleted my POI savefile 2 days ago which wiped all my progress on the locations then I went and discovered every location except one on all the maps again and uploaded my savefile to cloud.  Now I hope for the best that it dnt crash while popping last locations . If so I just redownload that savefile and try again . 

POI = Point Of Interest .

Wish me luck 

I'm confused to upload a saved game file to my cloud it requires me to close the game right? I am unsure how you are uploading it to the cloud without closing the application/game?

Edited by Zjinn
added more info

7 minutes ago, Zjinn said:

I'm confused to upload a saved game file to my cloud it requires me to close the game right? I am unsure how you are uploading it to the cloud without closing the application/game?

I keep one location on each map . It doesn't register the map as done until u done it so I keep one location then upload it . Its not the locations that get reset when u close the game its the medal / achievement tracker . So if u done 3 maps with all locations then close the game u will go back to 0 maps done.  But if u keep 1 location on each map then upload that savefile u can keep trying to go for the last location on each map in one go . Cuz u never finished a map so the tracker is on zero 

22 minutes ago, Zjinn said:

Don't trust Mr. Princess, you do not have to delete or upload anything. Just revisit at least one point in an already completed map. Do it in 6 maps without closing the App. You'll see the Progress at your Medal after each map. You do not need keep one location in each map.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Don't trust Mr. Princess, you do not have to delete or upload anything. Just revisit at least one point in an already completed map. Do it in 6 maps without closing the App. You'll see the Progress at your Medal after each map.

I know 4 ppl who have done it that way and here u are still saying we lying ? Wow ?  

3 minutes ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I know 4 ppl who have done it that way and here u are still saying we lying ? Wow 1f44f.png  

I did not say you are lying, your way is just unneccessary complicated with to many useless steps. I descriped the easiest and fastest way.

Edited by Sikutai

7 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Don't trust Mr. Princess, you do not have to delete or upload anything. Just revisit at least one point in an already completed map. Do it in 6 maps without closing the App. You'll see the Progress at your Medal after each map.

What you are saying might be true aswell. Would be an easier and faster way to do the maps and would have been useful information to people that had trouble with the trophy. I didn't see my progress bar go up when I did that myself and therefore needed to do a more complicated method myself. 

Instead you have been harassing this forumpost with calling people out for lying and not coming up with any useful information in the past. 

Edited by Fugl7

Just now, Sikutai said:

I did not say you are lying, your way is just unneccesary complicated with to many useless steps. I descriped the easiest and fastest way.

Look back up u called fugl a liar , u said cant upload save data and he shouldnt trust us ? I shouldn't trust fugl ? His way worked for a friend of mine aswell . Maybe ur way works who knows but I try the way that he described and helped ppl . U went against him from start calling him things and saying the way he does don't even exist cuz u cant upload save data which is not truth cuz u can . U been going against his way from the very start  for no reason when he only wanted help . So nah I do not trust u , thanks 

1 hour ago, Zjinn said:

So the point of uploading your savefile was to have a backup in case of crashes. Since Mr. Sikutai claims that this isn't relevant anymore and you can still trigger progress with revisiting one already discovered location on each map and trigger medal progress this way my method isn't really needed anymore. So you could give it a go to see if the medal progress indeed go up with this method first.

I was pretty certain this didn't work for me personally and therefore needed to do something about it. So with my method described earlier we assume that it's the last undiscovered location being diacovered that actually trigger the medal progress. Since locations saves local on your harddrive this means that if the game crashes you loose progress on your medals, but your locations are still discovered. Which give you problems in this case since you can't trigger medal progress on that map anymore without deleting your save file. Therefore you could upload your savedata to reset it back to before you discovered your last location on maps instead of going around doing everything over in case of crashes.

This brings back the point above that this method is pretty complicated and inefficient if you can just revisit one already discovered location.

Edited by Fugl7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Do I understand correctly that if they can just figure out the issue with the crashing, neither world traveler or safecracker would be glitched?  It is indeed the crash that messes things up?

There is a in-game medal counter that goes up each time you do a requirement. This reset if you haven't filled the progress bar before quitting the game (or the game crashes). Therefore you need to do those two trophies in one sitting. The trophies themself works fine, it's just the tracking that is bugged.

Edited by Fugl7

26 minutes ago, Fugl7 said:

There is a in-game medal counter that goes up each time you do a requirement. This reset if you haven't filled the progress bar before quitting the game (or the game crashes). Therefore you need to do those two trophies in one sitting. The trophies themself works fine, it's just the tracking that is bugged.

So if they fix the crashing (which they apparently are working on) then there really isn't a trophy glitch as long as you are quitting games? 

Sorry if I am dumb, just trying to understand and don't want to deal with messing with save files. 

10 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

So if they fix the crashing (which they apparently are working on) then there really isn't a trophy glitch as long as you are quitting games? 

Sorry if I am dumb, just trying to understand and don't want to deal with messing with save files. 

If they fix the crashes you still would need to do it one sitting as long as they don't fix the tracking aswell, but it gets much more doable since you are in charge of when you quit the game.

The savefiles were only meant if you got stuck with an issue that kept you from getting the progress bar to grow. There has been claims that there isn't any need to mess with the save files in the first place since you can revisit already discovered locations on each map and still make the progress bar grow. It hasn't been confirmed by any other people yet so it would have been useful if anyone that tries this could comfirm if this works.

Regardless, the bottom line is that the save files are meaningless in the grand scheme of things anyway. I could delete em every time I start up the game and it wouldn't make any impact on the game for me. Like I have said earlier. The savefiles just keep some data on your harddrive. All your materials, progress and stats are saved on the servers.

22 hours ago, Fugl7 said:

If they fix the crashes you still would need to do it one sitting as long as they don't fix the tracking aswell, but it gets much more doable since you are in charge of when you quit the game.

The savefiles were only meant if you got stuck with an issue that kept you from getting the progress bar to grow. There has been claims that there isn't any need to mess with the save files in the first place since you can revisit already discovered locations on each map and still make the progress bar grow. It hasn't been confirmed by any other people yet so it would have been useful if anyone that tries this could comfirm if this works.

Regardless, the bottom line is that the save files are meaningless in the grand scheme of things anyway. I could delete em every time I start up the game and it wouldn't make any impact on the game for me. Like I have said earlier. The savefiles just keep some data on your harddrive. All your materials, progress and stats are saved on the servers.

Oh when you say quit the game you mean just playing another game or turning off the Playstation? I thought you had meant like quitting out of a game midway through before it finished. You just mean any instance of exiting the game app?

42 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Oh when you say quit the game you mean just playing another game or turning off the Playstation? I thought you had meant like quitting out of a game midway through before it finished. You just mean any instance of exiting the game app?

Quit the game as in close application.  No need start a new game or turn off ps just close the application from quick menu 

52 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Sorry about that, probably didn't use the right words to describe it properly. Yeah, what I meant is if you close the app by any means is what will reset the progress. That is why the crashes is so bad because it closes the app and reset your progress.

Edited by Fugl7

5 hours ago, Fugl7 said:

Sorry about that, probably didn't use the right words to describe it properly. Yeah, what I meant is if you close the app by any means is what will reset the progress. That is why the crashes is so bad because it closes the app and reset your progress.

Gotcha. Makes more sense now. Thanks.

On 12-12-2020 at 11:12 PM, adverse_event said:

Yikes, bad news. Thanks for posting. I'll avoid this game for now as glitched trophies drive me insane.

Figured that out after 5th unsuccesful try. I get 5/6 POI and then crash, reset AND/OR communication error with some cloud.

Vigor had some potential, Bohemia gave it a try, I erase & rewind.

PS: You're right about glitched trophies, I hope you find better game &  your sanity back. ;)

Game on, Dimitri Vroman...

I finally got mine yesterday, I didn't have to do any of the save stuff I got most of the maps POI over course of a few days(and yes I closed my game) just never finished all the points on a single map til I knew I was close to having them all I just went through all the maps so yes you have to wait for them to reset every 1hr so took me about 2hrs-2 1/2 hrs to finish the trophy just because I was waiting. So I went in naked and tried to farm resources in the meantime. Also I did points naked too so don't worry about losing anything like guns/ammo.

So as long as you don't 100% any maps POI and save a few per map you should be okay. 

Also to mention I play this game on a PS5 and games installed via external HDD since I don't put PS4 games on PS5 SSD, but I have never ever had a crash or blue screen on this game ever! Must just be PS4 thing?

Edited by Zjinn
added more info

• 3 weeks later...

I had to do the save trick, so I deleted the POI save file.

Went through all the maps until I had 1 location left.

After that I uploaded the save file to the cloud.

Then proceeded to go through the maps again only aiming for the 1 location.

It is true that if you game crashes it will reset the counter for World Traveler, another person had responded on this thread saying that after a crash you can just go to a location on a map you have done and it would register, but for me at least it did not.

So always check the status of your medals

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheBritishBaron said:

I had to do the save trick, so I deleted the POI save file.

Went through all the maps until I had 1 location left.

After that I uploaded the save file to the cloud.

Then proceeded to go through the maps again only aiming for the 1 location.

It is true that if you game crashes it will reset the counter for World Traveler, another person had responded on this thread saying that after a crash you can just go to a location on a map you have done and it would register, but for me at least it did not.

So always check the status of your medals

Yeah, that's how I had it too. Hope you can manage to get it done m8!

Also to ping back on some comments above. Crashes seems to be a heavy issue on the base PS4. Have friends that played it on PS5 and haven't gotten a single crash and it crashes less frequently on the PS4 pro as far as I understand it.

So if you have a PS5 or PS4 pro it might not be so terrible to get it done in one sitting.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, Fugl7 said:

So if you have a PS5 or PS4 pro it might not be so terrible to get it done in one sitting.

Can confirm PS5 doesn't have any issues, crash wise. Things still reset if you close the game. Knowing about this issue before you even start playing gives you a leg up since you won't accidently complete a map. I ran maps up to 1 location remaining as suggested then uploaded my save just in case. Came back in and knocked them all out.

I appreciate this thread, made my life a whole lot easier.