Your Most Tedious Platinums

Yuber6969

Predator hunting grounds 

This game is pure garbage, my friend made me play it so i had to finish it. It’s just booting kills from start to finish and nothing in between. Moreover, after 2-3 days after launch I realized that some people are fighting about getting in top of the leaderboard so i had to play up to 23 hours in somedays just so i can beat them ?. At least i got the fastest achiever and 2nd achiever overall.

• Like 3

Whilst I usually enjoy tedious Platinums. This one took the cake - Dangerous Driving. Having to drive 100 miles with nearly every car was boring and just stupid. Then with one car you have to drive 1000 miles like as if driving 100 with the others wasn’t enough. And it’s just going around the same track over and over again which is so boring

• Like 3

Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet

Very long and tedious game. Took me 100 hours total. DLC's alone are like 50 hours. At least it was a fun game.

WatchDogs

Fun game but there is a trophy where you have to obtain every single song in the game. By far the most annoying and time consuming trophy.

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Its a pretty standard visual novel, easy right? Wrong. The mini game is insane and requires the patience of a monk. Some of them are extremely hard and you have to get around 600,000 points which is impossible so you have to use the save exploit. Even with the exploit its insanity.

• Like 1

For me a very long grind, not too boring but certainly a massive grind is Dynasty Warriors Gundam Musou. Most of the game can be completed in about 5-10 hours, and maybe the other quests and whatnot about another 10. But then post game you have maybe unlocked 15-20% of the gallery, you need to unlock every robot and character in the game, and there are about 100 characters and 100 robots, and you need to kill between 5000 and 10000 kills for every pilot and every robot. You also need to play as each robot about 10 times.

Even if you keep boosting on the fastest level in the game using the fastest method (of which about 20 robots or so cannot use this stage.)

The game is also very terrible UI wise telling you which robots in each gundam series that you have unlocked and which you have yet to unlock and how to unlock any of them. Oh and it also does a good job of not properly telling you which player uses which particular gundam as you have to first play as the robot about 5-10 times in order to unlock it for use to all characters.

Anyway, this process alone, you will need about another 80-100 hours. Literally about 80% of the game is just grinding.

And if you're on the Vita version, about 30% less enemies on screen means that you can need to add maybe another 30 hours on top of that since the grind is much slower.

Conservatively you need at least 1 - 1.5 million kills.

PS I am just waiting for someone to post about the Mortal Kombat "spill about a million pints of blood with each character" grind. Maybe that one is the worst grind in history.

PPS Tetris Effect, I have clocked up 60000 Mino rotations so far after 35 hours of gameplay. Just need another 940,000 Mino rotations to go.....

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

I thought it was Disgaea 4. It took me like 8 years to complete but it was I didn't continue playing as it was really tedious to find all items, all skills, all monsters, etc. However, I could plat that game this year!

But now that title will be for Black Desert, it's a MMO, I thought I could give a try and it won't be that bad. The game is awesome, a lot of content but then you realise that most of the trophies are related to "life skills" such as fishing, processing, etc and that's when you think you make a mistake playing it just for the plat. I haven't got the platinum but I am at 2 lvls of a life skill to get do the prize is for Black Desert for most tedious platinum ever!!! 

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

What were the platinums you earned that were not necessarily difficult, but tedious?

In no particular order, mine are:

EA Sports UFC 4

I boosted the 2 online trophies. The problem is, most of the group either left after getting their trophies, or just went AWOL. In the end, it was only me and one other guy. It took about a week (playing about 4 hours a night) for us to be able to match up enough times to get all of the trophies.

Because of the above experience, I will no longer play games that I am on the fence about if it has any MP trophies.

Super Bomberman R

I don't have this platinum yet, but I will get it. There is an online trophy for creating a room and battling 100 times (so that's 200 times if you are boosting with someone). Worse yet, there is a trophy for destroying 1 million blocks. Got about 1/3 of the way there and ended up buying a turbo controller for AFK gridning. I'm not spending another minute playing this game.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Great game, awful trophies. Took me around 130 hours to finish, and at least half of it was repeating missions or doing fetch quests.

Red Dead Redemption 2 platinum, that zoologist trophy, finding all animals and those damn birds in the sky like an idiot phew, really tedious

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 4

Space Overlords 
One trophy, :gold: Overdrive Overlord, requires the player to destroy 250,000 buildings. So, even if you're efficient and make a custom planet where you place the maximum number of buildings (194) all on top of each other and destroy them as soon as you spawn in, it takes 10+ hours of restarting over and over and over to reach that ridiculous number. You end up spending most of those 10 hours staring at a loading screen waiting for the level to load back in which doesn't exactly make for riveting gameplay. At least multitasking is not too difficult with this game if you get bored.

Starwhal 
Unlike Space Overlords, Starwhal isn't great about letting you multitask. You have so many multiplayer chores to contend with: play 1,000 rounds of versus, stab 3,000 hearts in classic mode, accumulate 4,096 points in score attack, break 1,000 blocks of ice. It just never ends. Expect to flush 20 or so hours down the drain using a 2nd controller to flip over your starwhal again and again just so you can stab it with player 1 repeatedly. Make sure to have something else on in the background if you don't want to lose your sanity! 

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 2

mmmm I'd say Rayman Legends, is not a platinum cause I gave up bc of that damn tedious trophy, 1 month long if you beat the daily challenges with gold cups, if not, more time!!! I was not in the mood of wasting 40min a day just to 10 points of thousends needed.

I usually enjoy my tedious games, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 FM(PS3) the difficulties does not stack, so I'd go with that one. Is going to be one of my next plats, currently working on it. 

Also, I gave up on driving games because of what @ShahinMiah said

• Like 3

From my personal list of games:

* The Last Of Us Remastered

This one was tedious due to the multiplayer trophies and being bad at those i didnt even attempt them for a year or two after replaying the game on the PS4

* Bloodborne 

Due to having my save file corrupted twice and buying a different region disc i literally had to 100% the game twice and the chalice dungeons were just brutal! 

* Helldivers

This took me some time but thanks to an amazing friend who helped me througout, it was a blast!

*Infamous 1 

Technically still playing to get the final trophy ( Evil To The Core ) for the platinum but coming back to it 10+ years after i did 2+ playthroughs and having to run like crazy finding those blast shards has been extremely tedious!

• Like 4

Metal Gear Survive

Pretty much the nightmare of a trophy hunter. Multiplater trophies that are 100% RNG, you just have to hope that you get the gun you need after every mission. And then there's an endless grind for maxing out all of your stats. At least I've had the opportunity to listen to a shitton of amazing podcasts during this grind.

Bleach: Soul Resurreccion

Another endless and boring grind of maxing out all of your characters (and there are like 20 of them). Replaying the same one level over and over and over and over... peak trophy hunting, what can I say.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic. I don't think I need to say more. 

Edited by Tommy_Games_SVK
  • Like 4

Gauntlet - So much fucking grinding. I know the developers expected you to play with friends or online but that would just make it take even longer.

Code Vein - Needless 10+ boring, repetitive grind. The addition that you need another player makes it worse.

Spider-Man - I don't like this game which is what made it tedious mostly. Having to replay the game on the harder difficulty made it worse. Whoever decided those normal human stealth sections were a good idea should be fired.

Exist Archive - Another needlessly grindy game. Made worse if you have the Vita version because the game craves every 2-3 hours.

Persona 5 - I hate this game. Piss easy combat (I played on hard), boring and predictable story, uninteresting characters, especially coming after Persona 3 and 4. I could go on and on but I won't. I love Atlus and their SMT franchise but Persona was a major fucking let down for me. It's made all the worse because on my second playthrough the NPC refused to send me their request no matter how much I loaded previous saves. I had to play through again a third time. Atlus needs to invest in a skip cutscene button instead of just skip text. Can't even get up to go pee or take out the trash while the text is skipping because it will pause to make me choose a pointless option that ultimately changes absolutely nothing. As well, my level 99 Yoshitsune was somehow missing enemies in the first dungeon. But we got Beneath the Mask so it wasn't all bad.

The 25th Ward: The Silver Case - 100 fucking endings that take about 10 minutes each to get. Most aren't even interesting and the true ending is uneventful.

• Like 4

Mortal Kombat - obviously, "My Kung Fu is Stronger". Horrible, HORRIBLE thing to do because of the x rays, fatalities, pints of blood. However it's only the second tedious platinum.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - the entire game is an idiotic grind. It's by far the most infuriating game I ever played grind wise, it was the equivalent of 3 assassin's creed at the same time in terms of grinding for me.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Spider-Man - I don't like this game which is what made it tedious mostly. Having to replay the game on the harder difficulty made it worse.

I agree here, the game was entertaining enough but going for the platinum and 100% was extremely tedious

I actually tend to like grindy/tedious platinums if I dig the game. I really liked both Witcher 3 and Persona 5 because I was having a lot of fun with them. There's some games that are too much tho

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion - This is a fun little game but when you go for the platinum it ultimately becomes hours and hours of just running from room to room. It gets made so much worse if you forget which specimens you've died to, because then you're unsure about whether or not you have to grind deaths in Endless. Having to progress in multiple modes for deaths and having to do multiple playthroughs of pretty much the same thing over and over and over gets so tedious

Happy Dungeons & Loadout - Really any game that has a "100 hours" trophy, but especially those that get put on a timer by having server shutdowns. Nothing adds to the tedium of playing mindlessly and having to automate the process than having a deadline to finish it by.

Fallout 4 100% - Nuka cola world arcade ticket grinding. Horrible. This is probably the game I'd recommend to people to try 100%-ing to dip their toes in the water of annoying trophy grinds. 

Red Dead Redemption - This can also apply for any online game with a "reach X level" trophy where X is a little bit unreasonably high (or max level). I'm currently working on another game like that with Dreams. But yeah, for the first RDR there was not really a whole lot of content to be able to grind with so it was pretty much just learning a hideout inside and out and then turning your brain off while you robotically complete it over and over until Level 50. This isn't even counting the tedium of boosting the DLC trophies.

Just Cause 3 - This is probably the king of tedious grinds for me because I truly did not like this game compared to 2. Going for the 5 Cogs in everything was a complete nightmare. The wingsuit challenges were annoying, some of the other challenges were plagued with bugs, and most of the game is the same thing over and over. Shoot red thing to make it explode. Extra tedium added onto the end if you do the DLC trophies. You just wanna be done by that point, but then there's more challenges to do.

I hope to one day tackle Star Ocean Last Hope so I can have that replace JC3 as my most tedious platinum experience.

Gauntlet: grind, grind, and grind. And when you've finished that... go ahead and grind some more.

Salt & Sanctuary: the Unspeakable Deep, I don't what it was. Just couldn't stay in rhythm for the amount of time it takes to beat it. Then one day I tried and got it first attempt.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Just plain boring. I was ready for the real rapture by the time I finished.

Infamous and Assassin's Creed 2: shards and feathers....EVERYWHERE. 

Godzilla: more grinding and just a terrible game, even for a fan of the franchise 

Edited by Sofa King
  • Like 3