Your Most Tedious Platinums

Yuber6969

1 hour ago, Puppeter04 said:

mmmm I'd say Rayman Legends, is not a platinum cause I gave up bc of that damn tedious trophy, 1 month long if you beat the daily challenges with gold cups, if not, more time!!! I was not in the mood of wasting 40min a day just to 10 points of thousends needed.

I usually enjoy my tedious games, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 FM(PS3) the difficulties does not stack, so I'd go with that one. Is going to be one of my next plats, currently working on it. 

Also, I gave up on driving games because of what @ShahinMiah said

1 hour ago, Puppeter04 said:

mmmm I'd say Rayman Legends, is not a platinum cause I gave up bc of that damn tedious trophy, 1 month long if you beat the daily challenges with gold cups, if not, more time!!! I was not in the mood of wasting 40min a day just to 10 points of thousends needed.

I usually enjoy my tedious games, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 FM(PS3) the difficulties does not stack, so I'd go with that one. Is going to be one of my next plats, currently working on it. 

Also, I gave up on driving games because of what @ShahinMiah said

Congratulations!!!!

Orc Slayer

Still the WORST game I have on my trophy profile. Complete garbage. Terrible framerate, horrible controls, terrible AI, so so music, completely repetitive and tedious gameplay. Not worth doing for an easy platinum.

X-Blaze Lost: Memories

I honestly don't know how I managed to get through this crap. You make some dialogue choices in cutscenes, then move around in a 8-bit looking environment finding collectibles. Story made no damn sense. Watching through this mess was tedious. Thank goodness I got this game for free off of PS Plus.

Stories: Path of Destinies

Multiple playthroughs required for all the endings was mind numbingly tedious.

Killzone Mercenary

Probably one of the best first person shooters for the PS Vita handheld. The trophy Blood Bank requires you to kill 10,000 enemies. This took a lot of time and grinding to get.

DRIVECLUB

Very solid driving arcade/simulator for the PS4. Platinum requires a bit of tedium and repetition, especially the trophy Credit Where It's Due, which didn't unlock until I had a bunch of DLC already finished.

Just Cause 3

Tedious mostly due to the challenges, particularly the wingsuit challenges which took several attempts to pass some of them. Horrible framerate and grinding out the places that needed blowing up didn't help.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Reaching level 55 in multiplayer is boring, pointless and just stupid. The single player portion is excellent, but this is a great example of how a tacked on multiplayer mode can ruin one's enjoyment of going for the platinum.

Assassin's Creed III

Boring and overly tedious. As far as single player is concerned, Assassin's Creed III takes the cake as being the most repetitive and mindnumbing, because unlike other games, you have to literally 100 percent the game.

You have to get all optional objectives done in the story missions, and also on the naval ship missions. You have to find all underground entrances, do the challenges out in the Frontier, record at least two - three activities for all your working NPCs at the Homestead, win a game of Fanorona and Nine Men's Morris at the Homestead, upgrade all your friendly Assassins to max level, sell undamaged pelts at all general stores, etc etc etc.

Fuck. Having a boring protagonist and an asshole Templar father was bad enough.

Assassin’s Creed Unity

Collecting all the chests for a trophy. Slow loading times. The boring story with possibly the worst Assassin protagonist in the series. A giant checklist of crap. 

All I have to say on this.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Three REQUIRED playthroughs because difficulty level trophies do not stack. 

Bad sound quality, ok music, cringy goth inspired female characters. Platforming gameplay has poor execution. 

Too much backtracking. Also there is a chance the last Sand Portal can glitch, forcing you to do another playthrough if you dick around too much. 

Demon's Souls

The original PS3 version, won't be touching the remake on the PS5 for a long time. Anyway, there's a bunch of stuff you have to collect, and more specifically you NEED to be wary of World Tendency and Character Tendency. Even with the Duping Glitch, getting some stones took quite a while to obtain. Got extremely lucky with the Pure Bladestone drop, as this is notorious for taking a really long time to get for most players.

Fallout Shelter

A free to play game that released for the PS4 a couple years back. Without the time exploits, this is a ridiculously long and boring game to slog through to platinum. I foolishly bought some stuff for actual money, resorting to using the time exploits by manually changing date and time on my PS4 console to get the trophies faster.

I will never play a free to play game again for trophies.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

This technically doesn't count since I'm currently working on this game. The trophy Take the Cannoli for reaching the criminal rank of Godfather is absolutely ridiculous. Took me hours just to collect 80 fucking Hidden Packages, then I had to rubberband the R1 button on my PS4 controller for approximately 10 hours at a destroyed Packer to get the points needed after I fired exactly 101 gunshots. Not fun.

Mafia III

A slog to platinum due to the collectibles you have to get and then doing a second playthrough to kill/save all the racket bosses, depending on what you did on your first playthrough. A number of trophies are known to glitch, which can make this platinum even more repetitive and tedious. The actual story and the characters are quite decent, so the game was worth playing on that alone.

Ratchet and Clank

Original Ratchet and Clank. Unless you want to do five - six playthroughs collecting bolts, you have to take advantage of a glitch, then park yourself at a specific spot on a racetrack and rubberband your controller to collect one million bolts across a 12 - 20 hour period. Not nearly as bad to set up as Take the Cannoli from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but still annoying and tedious.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mafia III

A slog to platinum due to the collectibles you have to get and then doing a second playthrough to kill/save all the racket bosses, depending on what you did on your first playthrough. A number of trophies are known to glitch, which can make this platinum even more repetitive and tedious. The actual story and the characters are quite decent, so the game was worth playing on that alone.

As someone who also got hit by the Mafia III's glitched trophies, I sympathize.

However, I'm not really sure why you mentioned collectibles as being tedious to get -- there's not a single trophy in the game or any of the DLCs which asks you to get collectibles unless you refer to the TL-49 fuses you need to get to wiretap rackets (these can be obtained as you need them). Sure, there are collectibles in the game but you don't have to collect a single one if you don't want to unless you're a completionist. This is a style of play, though, not something you need to endure for a trophy.

for me it's worms rumble. haven't got the platinum yet but i want to be one of the first to get the platinum which requires getting lvl 50 which is like a 70 hour grind which isn't too baad, but 70 hours of exploding worms in 10 days is terrible to do lol

Well I’ve got a few that pushed my patience to the limit, especially the games with really tedious multiplayer grinds, but my latest exercise in tedium and testing the limits of my sanity is most definitely Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within.

It’s amazing to me that this game is generally considered to be an easy platinum, because I found it to be far from. Not only is the combat broken on hard mode, but the game hails from an era where games really didn’t hold your hand at all or feature the kinda of quality of life details that have become standard. For example, the lack of a map or any sort of direction in where to go and what to do, the fact that difficulty trophies don’t stack etc.

It didn’t age well in a lot of ways and made it a far more tedious experience than I was expecting. Can’t wait to start Two Thrones, which is essentially the exact same thing with the exact same trophies. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Well I’ve got a few that pushed my patience to the limit, especially the games with really tedious multiplayer grinds, but my latest exercise in tedium and testing the limits of my sanity is most definitely Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within.

It’s amazing to me that this game is generally considered to be an easy platinum, because I found it to be far from. Not only is the combat broken on hard mode, but the game hails from an era where games really didn’t hold your hand at all or feature the kinda of quality of life details that have become standard. For example, the lack of a map or any sort of direction in where to go and what to do, the fact that difficulty trophies don’t stack etc.

It didn’t age well in a lot of ways and made it a far more tedious experience than I was expecting. Can’t wait to start Two Thrones, which is essentially the exact same thing with the exact same trophies. ?

I'm a big Prince of Persia fan, but Warrior Within is one of my lowest completion games.  Just haven't been able to bring myself to doing multiple playthroughs.  If I can offer you any hope, I thought Two Thrones was the highlight of that trilogy.  I really enjoyed it compared to WW.  It's also a lot easier in my opinion.  The only trophy I haven't gotten in that game is the beat the game without dying trophy.  I've attempted it twice and it didn't pop either time.  It's really finicky in that game which is annoying.  Overall, I like the boss fights and puzzles way better in that game.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - twice

Not sure if I have anything to add to this that hasn't been said before, but between 3 playthroughs, 321 items to create, 201 quests, and 900 battle trophies the game is certainly a long one. Many of the battle trophies involve completing a simple task an unnecessary amount of times. Sure is fun killing 30,000 enemies twice. I've actually done it 3 times including the Xbox 360 version and have managed to cut down the time to platinum to 230 hours so it's not horrible, but anyone who's done this platinum will tell you it's tedious.

• Like 2

It's easy, it's short, but man, my last platinum really tested my patience. I mean, Erica it's good on the first run, maybe on the second too. But playing it at least FIVE times? There are several platinums more tedious, sure, but i have Erica really fresh and was a little pain in the ass to ended it.

• Like 1

Mad Max

Game sucks and is horribly boring, just need to do everything about 500 times and you should be good. The game world is mostly barren, obviously, but still somehow manages to be a chore to navigate. 

I haven't done it yet and I don't think I will because it just involves hundreds of hours online for random matches but Metal Gear Survive. You need literal excel documents to plat the game. Just thought I'd mention it haha. I used to have a good group that I played with but we don't really talk anymore, sadly. 

• Like 1

Attack on Titan 1 and 2

100% gallery for both games. Grind in A.O.T 2 would've been worse if I hadn't bought the dlc missions.

Megadimension Neptunia VII

Lots of save scumming in order to get all the cards. 

Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human

Every play-through after the initial one.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Grind to 100 million credits is the same boring battle over and over, except, you can't do it too often as you need to wait for the enemy to respawn.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2

The set up required for each of the different endings gets annoying after the fourth one. There's eight.

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War

Difficulty trophies don't stack so, have fun S-ranking all 32 missions four times.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Save scumming for those final medals.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory

Same as above plus hacker rank 20 grind.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Complete on all difficulties (three of them), obtain 25 campaign medals (easier with VR), all S-ranks on ACE difficulty, earn 40 million MRP (only need ~32 million to buy everything, which is still a lot), and fly 76,500km in the campaign (break out the rubber bands).

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

Ultimate development plan with all 53 characters.

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed:

Lily rank grind.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Lily rank grind, again...

Final Fantasy X HD

Sphere grid. Need I say more?

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force

Even after the three required runs for all routes, you're still not even at a quarter of the required ten thousand kills.

Code Vein

Offline Mark of Honor grind is something else.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy 13 and Persona 5 for me.

Lot's of missable trophies in P5 made it extremely stressful that I accidentally played the game an additional two times for a total of 4 playthroughs, clocked 256 hours.

Final Fantasy 13 has the treasure hunter trophy where you literally have to get every single accessory and weapon in the game. Super annoying grind.

Heavy Rain

I've played a few games that require multiple playthroughs (Stories: Path of Destines, Burly Men At Sea etc) but generally, they've been short playthroughs or vary enough between each one. Heavy Rain did not. I was sick of it long before the end of the second run but pushed myself through it so I'd never have to play it again.

Hardware: Rivals

Grinding for 1000 kills in a mutliplayer mode where people can camp the power weapons is not a fun time.

Dog Gone Golfing

I did enjoy this game overall but playing nearly 3000 holes of golf did drive me a bit mad. Especially in the latter worlds where random shit would fly at you from everywhere and block your shots.

• Like 1

I think most people would look at my list and point to Disgaea D2 with the weapon collecting, animation watching, and level grinding for the platinum, but this isn't about grind, it's about being tedious. Sure, Disgaea D2 is tedious, but at least it rewards the player for their time. 

I have other tedious JRPG plats like Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia too...

HOWEVER, none of them felt as tedious (and pointless) as "Ironmadman" from Ratchet and Clank: FFA. You are required to Hoverboot 112 Miles, Run 26.2 Miles and Hoverboot Glide for 2.4 miles across all game modes. Which would never be done in normal play and the game doesn't tell you how close you are to earning any of it after a certain point. So uhhh, you just have to mindlessly go around the map doing all 3 and hope for the best until it pops. It's literally a 5-hour plat without the trophy, 10-hour plat with the trophy. Double the playtime doing mindless laps. If that's not tedious, idk what is.

• Like 1