Report Bugging Gigs

ARIXANDRE

Hey,

So I initially started this thread to ask for help on a gig that wouldn't complete. I was going from gig to gig, clearing out the map. 

At first, I thought I was completing them too quickly but that still isn't the reason for the bug.

In my case it was GIG: Freedom of The Press. After meeting the objectives, going to the end market, the gig still doesn't complete.

Report you gigs/hustle bugs and let's try to find workarounds, for now. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
changing subject

I'm confused by what you mean. I've had a number of gigs glitch for me. Usually after successfully completing a gig, she'll call and give me the information to START that same gig I just completed. Am I just supposed to stand in one spot and wait for her to call again with the correct info?

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I'm confused by what you mean. I've had a number of gigs glitch for me. Usually after successfully completing a gig, she'll call and give me the information to START that same gig I just completed. Am I just supposed to stand in one spot and wait for her to call again with the correct info?

So it's weird and I'm worried. 

When I start a new gig, instead of Regina briefing me on that job, she is giving me the debriefing for the other jobs I have completed. I'm not sure it will affect my gigs trophy down the line.

I had a bug/have a bug (haven't revisted it yet) where I had to collect a reward from a ripperdoc to complete a quest (think this was the ripperdoc at arasaka waterfront) and ofc i can't collect my 'reward' nowhere to be seen in this docs inventory tried saves etc just left it alone. I do wonder if this was buggy for anybody else 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H2JXO said:

I had a bug/have a bug (haven't revisted it yet) where I had to collect a reward from a ripperdoc to complete a quest (think this was the ripperdoc at arasaka waterfront) and ofc i can't collect my 'reward' nowhere to be seen in this docs inventory tried saves etc just left it alone. I do wonder if this was buggy for anybody else 

Mine was similar. I had to "leave the area" but after leaving, the gig wouldn't complete. There's probably a workaround by failing the gig but I don't want to attempt it. 

Best solution, for now, is what you did. Wait for a patch but also,  keep a save file from before that specific job has been completed. 

Regarding glitched/bugged gigs not completing, I think I've found a temporary solution. And I say temporary as I hope CDPR patches this ASAP:

Wait to have at least two gigs in an area/district.

Go to GIG A  and manual save, then complete it like normal.

1) If Regina calls and says job done, go to GIG B and manual save, then complete it like normal. Upon completing it, it'll most likely glitch out and you'll have to do 2 below:

2) If Regina calls and says she has a job for you, i.e. the same job you just completed, load the save and head to GIG B first, manual save and complete it like normal.

Chances are you'll be doing option 2 more than option 1.

After you complete GIG B, Regina will most likely call and say she has a job for you (GIG A) which keeps GIG A open while simultaneously completing GIG B.

Head to GIG A, manual save, then complete it like normal.

This SHOULD complete both gigs. At least it has been for me until CDPR patches it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Regarding glitched/bugged gigs not completing, I think I've found a temporary solution. And I say temporary as I hope CDPR patches this ASAP:

Wait to have at least two gigs in an area/district.

Go to GIG A  and manual save, then complete it like normal.

1) If Regina calls and says job done, go to GIG B and manual save, then complete it like normal. Upon completing it, it'll most likely glitch out and you'll have to do 2 below:

2) If Regina calls and says she has a job for you, i.e. the same job you just completed, load the save and head to GIG B first, manual save and complete it like normal.

Chances are you'll be doing option 2 more than option 1.

After you complete GIG B, Regina will most likely call and say she has a job for you (GIG A) which keeps GIG A open while simultaneously completing GIG B.

Head to GIG A, manual save, then complete it like normal.

This SHOULD complete both gigs. At least it has been for me until CDPR patches it.

Actually disgusting how you had to do this, we have to wait a least a week for the next patch and that seems to be focusing on ps4 and xbox performance 

14 hours ago, H2JXO said:

Hey! Is this the free item you are promised by Wakando?

I was confused by this myself: talked to the ripper, opened up his Item Inventory where I can buy and sell stuff, but there's nothing there!

The thing is, you need to go into the Cyberware menu where you can choose your different limbs, click on slot for the hands and then THERE are the free items you can claim.

So there are not in the Shop Window, but in the Cyberware Window.

This was very confusing to say the least.

If this is the problem you were talking about, this should then help you out :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Hey! Is this the free item you are promised by Wakando?

I was confused by this myself: talked to the ripper, opened up his Item Inventory where I can buy and sell stuff, but there's nothing there!

The thing is, you need to go into the Cyberware menu where you can choose your different limbs, click on slot for the hands and then THERE are the free items you can claim.

So there are not in the Shop Window, but in the Cyberware Window.

This was very confusing to say the least.

If this is the problem you were talking about, this should then help you out :)

Thank you solved the problem, the quest did not highlight the item at all so it was hard to tell. 

Just now, H2JXO said:

Thank you solved the problem, the quest did not highlight the item at all so it was hard to tell. 

Glad to be able to help!

The description is very confusing as the quest itself states that it is in the Rippers inventory.

Two gigs are glitched for me.

Both Rite of Passage and A Shrine Defiled are still in my Gig Log Journal but I completed them.

In the case of the former, the doors are locked at the plant. The icon is no longer there.

In the case of the latter, I completed it today and the previous mission’s setup speech played when I completed the Gig. It then added it back to my Log.

I can’t select either gig with Square to track it.

I would’ve reloaded a older save but I didn’t realize it until many hours had passed. :( 

On 12/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, soziaLSturmi said:

For me it was one in Japantown where I had to go inside a building I guess? But somehow nothing happens, went on the roof killed the enemies, no key nothing. The doors just won't open for some reason I just cant get inside.

This one is driving me crazy!!!

Edited by kairyu_sai
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, kairyu_sai said:

Not only u really. Still bugged for me. Also had another 2 bugs right now which had to do with one killing mission where I should go and get my bonus but it just doesn't show in the "Shop" machine. I can only sell stuff but not the usual reclaim your bonus stuff. 

Also another on was (Im not sure of the English name of the mission) should be something with "In hot water" or some like that roughy translated. Also a killing mission where I did everything and at the end it showed that the mission updated as if there is another objective to do but nothing after that. Now it chills in my Log, cant track it cant do nothing with it actually. I don't know if I should reload an older file or what cause Im not so far away from last clean ups here and there and it would be so frustrating to see these thing hindering me from the plat.

• Like 1

This game gets on my nerves slowly... I mean I enjoyed the story and all but man these side mission bugs. Its not "In hot water" as mentioned earlier sorry its called "Hot Product" or some like that. Reloaded, tried over and over again nothing. There is not a single possible solution to just get trough these things without me cursing the devs. I think the guys with the plat had luck with those bugs.

Wow Im on a roll right now. Guess I can smash the game against the wall if this continues. Just went to my next gig to continue with other gigs before attempting the bugged ones and guess what? Right the next gig was or is also bugged. You never get the call from your fixer only the messages all the time when gigs are bugged just figured that out... it is the one where you have to (AGAIN) kill the boss of a club in the City Centre. 

On 12/14/2020 at 9:37 PM, Wagszilla said:

Two gigs are glitched for me.

Both Rite of Passage and A Shrine Defiled are still in my Gig Log Journal but I completed them.

In the case of the former, the doors are locked at the plant. The icon is no longer there.

In the case of the latter, I completed it today and the previous mission’s setup speech played when I completed the Gig. It then added it back to my Log.

I can’t select either gig with Square to track it.

I would’ve reloaded a older save but I didn’t realize it until many hours had passed. :( 

The Elementary trophy popped despite the glitched gig in Watson. It’s still on my list.

No such luck in Westbrook / Little Tokyo.

The whole Wakato chain is messed up. I went to the next quest which cleared the previous one but locked that one.

I can’t do this one either:

On 12/14/2020 at 10:40 PM, kairyu_sai said:

The door is locked. Nothing works.

I suppose I’ll reload an early save and hope I can clear out Westbrook without too much time sink.

I had several gigs glitch on, most required just a reload (like a body dropping through floor) but one is glitched for good. My most issues come with completing objectives out of order. Seems game is not able to skip steps.

Gig called "Shark in the water" -- stuck on Find Blake objective but Blake is already knocked out and it wont let me ID the body. Sadly it's Watson so I can kiss the trophy goodbye for this playthrough.

But don't forget that the house is raking it in and I wonder what the boss has to say about it.

Edited by Raveniteh

I can't speak for some of the glitches mentioned here but I know certain regions have side activities that are located in other areas. I thought the badlands trophy was glitched but it turns out there was one located in Santo Domingo so I'd say clear other areas if any of your location trophies don't pop. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

The Elementary trophy popped despite the glitched gig in Watson. It’s still on my list.

No such luck in Westbrook / Little Tokyo.

The whole Wakato chain is messed up. I went to the next quest which cleared the previous one but locked that one.

I can’t do this one either:

The door is locked. Nothing works.

I suppose I’ll reload an early save and hope I can clear out Westbrook without too much time sink.

I tried my earliest save already... same bug

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kairyu_sai said:

I tried my earliest save already... same bug

Damn. 

The Makato quest glitched again in my favor. She called with the “setup” info enabling me to enter the braindance club.

So all that’s standing between me and this trophy is this quest that won’t load. :(