PS5 gameplay

In terms of performance, the game now runs at stable ~1080P/60FPS in Performance Mode (previously ~864P/40--50FPS on Pro), and in Quality Mode at stable ~4k/30FPS (previously ~1215P/30FPS on Pro). This according to a Resetera thread which tracks performance in games across PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5. Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-backwards-compatibility-all-ps4-games-with-benefits.322747/ (you can use CTRL+F and search for "Fallen Order").

I assume the loading times are also better on PS5 due to the SSD and since you're playing the same PS4 game on PS5, glitched trophies shouldn't be an issue unless they were originally but no trophies glitched for me on Pro.

Edited by l33sar54
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

In terms of performance, the game now runs at stable ~1080P/60FPS in Performance Mode (previously ~864P/40--50FPS on Pro), and in Quality Mode at stable ~4k/30FPS (previously ~1215P/30FPS on Pro). This according to a Resetera thread which tracks performance in games across PS4, PS4 Pro, and PS5. Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-backwards-compatibility-all-ps4-games-with-benefits.322747/ (you can use CTRL+F and search for "Fallen Order").

I assume the loading times are also better on PS5 due to the SSD and since you're playing the same PS4 game on PS5, glitched trophies shouldn't be an issue unless they were originally but no trophies glitched for me on Pro.

Awesome .. I will wait to play this on PS5 .. The trophy I hear that is a pain is the Scan all enemy types .. Not recording a scan?

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

Which mode do you prefer? Personally I go for 60 wherever I can, it's more noticeable to me than mildly prettier graphics.

Maybe its me but I cant tell the difference from 30 to 60 .. I found it just a gimmick. If there is a difference its very small?   

I prefer Performance Mode and higher FPS whenever I get the chance, games nowaydays look beautiful anyway so it's not like you're sacrificing much in terms of visual fidelity.

As for the Data Colletor trophy for scanning all enemy types, I didn't experience any issues but if you're worried, you can keep a backup save before every mission, use PowerPyx's walkthrough and if you experience any glitches, try reloading a checkpoint first and if that doesn't help, restore the save. That way, you enjoy double insurance that nothing will go wrong (which it most likely won't).

Enjoy the game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l33sar54 said:

I prefer Performance Mode and higher FPS whenever I get the chance, games nowaydays look beautiful anyway so it's not like you're sacrificing much in terms of visual fidelity.

As for the Data Colletor trophy for scanning all enemy types, I didn't experience any issues but if you're worried, you can keep a backup save before every mission, use PowerPyx's walkthrough and if you experience any glitches, try reloading a checkpoint first and if that doesn't help, restore the save. That way, you enjoy double insurance that nothing will go wrong (which it most likely won't).

Enjoy the game!

Thanks .. Will do

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Awesome .. I will wait to play this on PS5 .. The trophy I hear that is a pain is the Scan all enemy types .. Not recording a scan?

Maybe its me but I cant tell the difference from 30 to 60 .. I found it just a gimmick. If there is a difference its very small?   

60fps is not a gimmick lol. 

I don’t know how you can play 30fps and 60fps interchanging and not notice how sluggish it is at 30fps. Go play Bayonetta PS3 and PS4 shifting between both, ignoring the screen tearing and frame drops even at a perfect 30fps it’s less responsive, objectively, whether you notice or not. But some people legitimately think diet soda tastes “the same” as regular so... whether you notice or not, it is different. 

60 all day. I wish I hadn’t played the game already since it had a loooot of framerate problems for me on base PS4, 60fps would’ve been very nice. Kind of wish I could have went into a stasis and enjoyed a lot of PS4 games with stable framerates and 60fps on PS5. I may replay some of them. But there are too many games to play to do them all. 

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

60fps is not a gimmick lol. 

I don’t know how you can play 30fps and 60fps interchanging and not notice how sluggish it is at 30fps. Go play Bayonetta PS3 and PS4 shifting between both, ignoring the screen tearing and frame drops even at a perfect 30fps it’s less responsive, objectively, whether you notice or not. But some people legitimately think diet soda tastes “the same” as regular so... whether you notice or not, it is different. 

60 all day. I wish I hadn’t played the game already since it had a loooot of framerate problems for me on base PS4, 60fps would’ve been very nice. Kind of wish I could have went into a stasis and enjoyed a lot of PS4 games with stable framerates and 60fps on PS5. I may replay some of them. But there are too many games to play to do them all. 

Well, For me I played 30 and 60 and 120 on PC ... And for me 30 to 60 is not much of a difference sorry! When I mean not much of a difference I mean its nothing I would say WOW!!! look at that! If there is a difference its not much of one were I could careless if it was 30 or 60 .. Now 120 we are talking! :)