platinum rarity question (and a question about dragon age keep and importing saves)

wackt1

The platinum rarity on this site seems kinda low despite most of the trophies being mainly completion and simple grind. why is it like that? I just bought dragon age origins and 2 so i keep do a complete run though of the series. Also how do I use the dragon age keep website to transfer my ps3 saves to inquisition on the ps4?

The platinum is so rare because people can't bring themselves to make the "renegade/bad" choices. ? 

33 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

Also how do I use the dragon age keep website to transfer my ps3 saves to inquisition on the ps4?

The Keep doesn't transfer your PS3 saves to PS4. It loads your Warden and Hawke into the Keep, and then it asks you what decisions you made in those games in order to create a World State. You can pick whatever you want, and those choices carry over to Dragon Age Inquisition.

Getting your world state into Dragon Age: Inquisition is easy. Just follow the steps below, and you'll be good to go!

Setup

Before you start Inquisition, there are a few steps you need to complete first:

1. Make sure you are logged in to your EA (formerly Origin) account on your PC or console (whichever platform you are using to play the game). For PC players, ensure that your antivirus software is not blocking your EA account from running. This may mean you'll have to disable it temporarily.

2. If you are playing on console, you must make sure your EA (Origin) account is linked to your gamertag. To do this, follow the instructions here. If you've already set up your world state using another EA (Origin) account than the one linked to your gamertag, here's how to fix that issue.

3. If you're not sure if your gamertag is linked to your EA (Origin) account, the Keep will tell you. Here's how:

The account check page will appear immediately after logging in to the Keep. You'll see something that looks like this:

loggedin.png

Underneath where it says 'Connected Personas,' you'll be able to see linked accounts to the Keep. One will always be linked under PC (that's your Keep account). If you are playing on a console and your gamertag doesn't appear on this screen, you will need to try connecting your gamertag to your EA (Origin) account again.

4. If you're playing a digital copy, please wait for the game to finish downloading before starting to play. If you start a new game before the download is done, you may not be prompted to use a custom world state.

PlayStation

1. Export the world state you wish to use in Inquisition. For a detailed explanation of how to do so, check out the World State Manager Tutorial. Ensure that your PlayStation is connected to the internet during this process. You may disconnect after. Please note the time stamp on your exported world state. 

2. Hit triangle at the menu to log in to your EA (Origin) account. 

3. Open up Inquisition and select 'New Game' to begin. 

4. Select your Inquisitor's race, class, and your preferred game difficulty. 

5. After you've completed these steps, you'll be prompted to import your world state into the game. Hit 'X' to import. 

playstationimport.png

6. Once your world state has been imported, check to make sure the time stamp in the game matches the one shown in the Keep. 

playstationimportsuccess.png

7. Press 'X' to complete the import of your custom world state. 

playstationconfirmimport.png

8. Proceed through the rest of the start-up process and start playing!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's nothing more complex than the fact the game is very grindy and the Blight Queller trophy is buggy as hell so most people don't bother and just stick to what they can get without faffing around. As for the save file import, no idea as I've never used it.

how is it buggy tho? ain't it just killing 1,000 darkspawn?

@Abby_TheLastofUs yo thanks for the detailed walk-though of importing a save 

Edited by wackt1

It’s just an old game, and can be a little long and grindy. Tends to scare off the plebs. ? I’d highly recommend people giving it a shot though, it’s a great RPG!

I’d also recommend doing what Abby suggested and importing your choices/world state from game to game, because it’s really amazing playing through the series and having that narrative continuity. It’s one of the coolest features of the Dragon Age series!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

how is it buggy tho? ain't it just killing 1,000 darkspawn?

@Abby_TheLastofUs yo thanks for the detailed walk-though of importing a save 

There have been posts that it either doesnt count all kills (mayby just your kills and not teammates) or that it only counts on 1 playthrough. 

I would presume it's more on not counting kills. 

Edit: checked my own trophies and I got Blight-queller on third playthrough 15-20 minutes before reaching lvl 20 on mage character. 

Edited by Kavatus
Extra info

21 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

There have been posts that it either doesnt count all kills (mayby just your kills and not teammates) or that it only counts on 1 playthrough. 

I would presume it's more on not counting kills. 

Edit: checked my own trophies and I got Blight-queller on third playthrough 15-20 minutes before reaching lvl 20 on mage character. 

This^

1 of the early patches, messed up the stat tracking: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/49611-people-having-trouble-with-blight-queller-read-this/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Xaedere said:

Are the servers for Origins still up? I keep not being able to log in.

I don't remember any type of online component for DA:O, unless there's some EA account you need to activate (which should be skipable).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

I don't remember any type of online component for DA:O, unless there's some EA account you need to activate (which should be skipable).

The only online component is the ability to import your save into DA 2. @Xaedere there are no online trophies in this game, therefore you can ignore any server error messages.

Most of the trophy list was easy, but there were a few that were sort of annoying. The Blight Queller trophy didn't pop in my game during the main story, even after grinding out darkspawn kills in the alienage for several hours. If I had to guess, I had easily 2000 darkspawn kills after all of my save reloads. I had 500 before I beat the main game the first time, and I reloaded the alienage about 50 times and never got the trophy. They changed the requirements a long time ago so that you could only get the kills in a single playthrough and it has to be done with the grey warden with you controlling him. I got that one in the Awakening DLC instead. It's also so easy to lock yourself out of the option to romance Lilianna. You have to do certain things in a specific way, otherwise she will only be your friend despite having a full bar of relationship with her. The harvester boss in the DLC took a while too. Overall, I don't think the game is near as hard as you'd think based off of the rarity. It was just those three trophies that I personally had some problems with.

On 18/01/2021 at 10:14 AM, HuntingFever said:

The only online component is the ability to import your save into DA 2. @Xaedere there are no online trophies in this game, therefore you can ignore any server error messages.

I figured it wouldn't let me log into my EA account, and while that's annoying, I suppose I can deal. And maybe I still will be able to import if I keep the save. We'll see, I guess. Thanks, anyway. I was worried it wouldn't let me redownload the DLC or something. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/01/2021 at 5:02 PM, Xaedere said:

I figured it wouldn't let me log into my EA account, and while that's annoying, I suppose I can deal. And maybe I still will be able to import if I keep the save. We'll see, I guess. Thanks, anyway. I was worried it wouldn't let me redownload the DLC or something. 

Did you manage to download DLCS? I’d like the 100% without dlc i can’t get it i guess... :( 

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2021 at 1:10 AM, Sk1pper_Oz said:

Did you manage to download DLCS? I’d like the 100% without dlc i can’t get it i guess... :( 

You can still download the DLC even with the servers down. Just do it through the PS store. Quick note, do it soon. The ultimate edition doesn't include Return to Ostagar and that has one trophy tied to it that will be completely unobtainable once the store goes down.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mattiechuu said:

You can still download the DLC even with the servers down. Just do it through the PS store. Quick note, do it soon. The ultimate edition doesn't include Return to Ostagar and that has one trophy tied to it that will be completely unobtainable once the store goes down.

Return To Ostagar is included in the Ultimate Edition. 

i platted it years ago, from what i recall it is a great game but it can get very clanky and glitchy. you have to make a enormous amount of saves because of the decision making. its sort of like fallout i guess you can say in the fact you have to make sure you save at certain points and then go back and replay half the game going another route. dragon age 2 made the game alot smoother but it repeated its environments. in origins you have tons of cool places to explore at the cost of the game stuttering and freezing up. and theres one trophy in the dlc that if you didnt buff up your arrows on a character its very hard to get. i ended up skipping the last trophy because my characters just didnt have the abilities to fight the one boss. the game is also played by many people who arent trophy hunters. and considering its age alot of gamers back then werent heavy into trophy hunting as they are now. but it is a great game. but having to continuously make saves and being glued to the guide to make sure one decision doesnt ruin your entire game really kills the fun of it. you have to constantly re look at the guide and hope you didnt miss a part or wonder when a part is coming up. also alot of patches came out to fix alot of the bugs. i remember there was on bug i was stuck in a dialog and couldnt really progress and they patched it. i think that turned alot of gamers off from finishing. i think there may be a few of those glitches still in there. its not really a hard plat if i recall, but it is time consuming. i prob put over 100 hours into it. im sure that time could be cut down but i enjoyed it

Edited by melodicmizery

3 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Which regions? And is the code single use? If so, how much is the DLC? 

UK version definitely requires download. Think I’ve read that the EU versions as a whole are generally boned, but couldn’t confirm that

As for the price, couldn’t tell you since it already shows as a purchased item for me

3 hours ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Which regions? And is the code single use? If so, how much is the DLC? 

According to the wiki it's the European version and it seems to cost around 5 bucks going off of release articles. 

Also according to the dragon age wiki they allegedly fixed it in a rerelease.

(Dont know how true that is)

Edited by Legion_Immortal
Added info

11 hours ago, Legion_Immortal said:

Return To Ostagar is included in the Ultimate Edition. 

Not in some regions, UK being one of them. It's on the disc but it doesn't register as being unlocked and you have to buy it off the store. It was like £3.99 so it won't break the bank, but still.

• Like 1

I need to inform anyone who's playing that late, like I did to finish the DLCs...

Be really careful as to when start the DLC. I thought I could just do the DLC in any order, and I have been further fooled into this idea because I started with Darkspawn Chronicles...

1) You can't import your save in any order, period! Although it is suggested in some guides on the site. For example Witch Hunt guide says import from Awakening, this isn't possible. If you try, it will import your character in the state it was when you left it in Origins, and bumped to level 20. If you want to keep your character and carry it over all DLCs, you have to play in order! DAO -> DAA - GoA -> WH.

2) It isn't possible to finish the Golems' boss on Hard with a brand new character, well at least I tried a lot and just gave up, instead I had to do a brand new DAO chracter (since I lost my old save from... 12 years ago!), gather the gear required in DAO, import to awakening, do the whole DLC... at this point I wanted to do Witch Hunt to keep the hard fight in Golems for last but that's how I figured I had to play in order since my character reverted back to his DAO self...

3) You can do Darkspawn Chronicles and Leliana's Song anytime you want. I'd even suggest you finish them before even starting the other DLC or the main game if you don't worry too much about spoilers, because they give you a longsword and a light armor for finishing them, and they're pretty good for starters (you still need some stat requirements so not exactly for starters).

Oh also if you want another tip, for xp in Awakening this time, if you want to go the glitch route, forget about the one mentionned in the guide, it's litteral crap, having to go back all the way. Instead follow this one: in Blackmarsh, there's a quest called "the burden of guilt", to start it you just have to loot a letter in the northwest corner of the village, near a dead mabari. All you have to do is to rerieve the cache that is here: map DO NOT LOOT IT. Instead just open it and close it, each time you open it you earn 500xp, it's like 100 times faster than the other glitch. You can even press X multiple time before opening it to receive multiple xp but I don't advise you press more than twice or you might hit the "take all" by mistake. You will get to max level really fast.

Edited by GastNDorf

• 11 months later...

for me what killed it back then wasn't the grind i've done way worse over the years but the extremly poor performance on ps3 i went back a few days ago to finally complete everything and i can see why i stoped back then atleast now i have way more tolerance tords low performing games on ps3 so i can go through the game again.

also the trophy for killing darkspawn is and is not buggy at the same time i dont know how it was on the original version but it seems that it only counts darkspawn that you character personaly kills im up to 983 kills atm recorded in the heroic deeds tab but i just got the trophy for killing 500 you can ether farm the last battle sections for kills and reload since the game keeps track of how meany kills you got even when you reload, start a new game to mop up other trophies too or you can go for a solo run just using the grey warden to make sure that every kill will count.

• Like 1