re: proofs of concord kept

RGCommander

So Im SL 88 and I hardly even get summoned as I figure most people dont use way of the blue past sL 30...I currently only have 5 of the proofs needed for the miracle. Do people use the Way of Blue at higher levels just to draw in more phantoms? Is it worth raising my SL (and if so how high?) or should I start a new character run at a lower level and try my luck there? I've tried farming silver knights but not really getting anything from them.

Yeah I found that summons were pretty hard to come by no matter what level I was at. I did the grind with the silver knights when I was SL 120 this week, and it overall wasn't too bad. If you put on all the item discovery gear you can get (golden serpent ring +3, symbol of avarice, crystal sage's rapier, and rusted / golden coins) it went quick enough. I knocked it out in a couple hours and definitely had worse grinds in other platinums. If you keep the covenant on while you grind it out, you'll probably get summoned a few times (at least at SL 120). I got summoned about 5 or so times while I farmed the knights. If you really want to avoid the grind as much as possible, you can keep the covenant on while you play through the game / go for the rest of the trophies. I believe there are also a two proofs sitting in the world each playthrough. Given you need to beat the game three times, you'll guarantee at least 6 if you make sure to grab them each playthrough.

I just finished grinding it myself. I didn't have a Symbol of Avarice because I'm an idiot and I didn't go to NG+ because I'm an idiot, so I just popped a rusted coin and went hour after hour. I might have been summoned 7 or 8 times, not all of them resulting in ears, but sometimes you get lucky and are summoned to a fight club and might get multiple ears. If you're REALLY lucky, you'll get a proof of a concord well kept from killing a mound maker. Only thing for it is to keep pushing.

23 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I just finished grinding it myself. I didn't have a Symbol of Avarice because I'm an idiot and I didn't go to NG+ because I'm an idiot, so I just popped a rusted coin and went hour after hour. I might have been summoned 7 or 8 times, not all of them resulting in ears, but sometimes you get lucky and are summoned to a fight club and might get multiple ears. If you're REALLY lucky, you'll get a proof of a concord well kept from killing a mound maker. Only thing for it is to keep pushing.

since you are playing the game now, do you know if there is a way to fix the estus glitch without having to do a brand new game? All I have are two covenant grinds left and the estus trophy so I am super close to the Plat

32 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

since you are playing the game now, do you know if there is a way to fix the estus glitch without having to do a brand new game? All I have are two covenant grinds left and the estus trophy so I am super close to the Plat

Shoot, sorry man I'm actually not sure what glitch you're referring to; I guess it didn't happen to me

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Shoot, sorry man I'm actually not sure what glitch you're referring to; I guess it didn't happen to me

gltich I was talking about was I have max estus and max bonfire yet my estus trophy never popped hence I most likely need to do an entire new playthrough just for that trophy so I was hoping someone would know a way of fixing that

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With 500 item discovery it took me about 5 hours to get 30 of these suckers.  I didn't bother restarting, I would just run a stopwatch to see how long between drops.  The longest was 30 minutes.  The shortest was 3 in a row.  I was dual-wielding Crystal Rapiers for +100 drop, wearing Symbol of Avarice helm for another +100, and the +3 Golden Serpent Ring for another 125, Then a coin for +50, and about 40 in luck stat.

The grinding for covenant items in general is utterly miserable and the fact that you'll probably have to completely respec your character in order to make it slightly less tedious is poor design. For instance the easiest way to grind out the Watchdogs of Farron item is to farm three Ghrues right next to a bonfire in Farron Keep and it still took me like three hours.

• 4 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, SpikeToW said:

I know its probably pure luck.

But when I was farming them I always close/start game after successful drop.

This way I was feeling the drop is more constant. Because one time I sit there for 2+ hours and 0 drop.

Good luck.   

I did this for farming sunlight medals in DS2 and I swear there is something to it. You could go 40 minutes without a single drop but once I started quitting and reloading every 3 runs, or for every drop, I was getting drops much more often.

• Like 1

You can get these proofs of concord afk.  All you gotta do is go to alono bonfire and kill the two knights on the stairs then make sure you online and you have the blue sentinel equipped.  Now all you gotta do is go do something for about 12 hours and when you get back you might be surprised how many you were able to get by being summoned into a world and then the dark invader gets killed while your standing safely where you spawned in at.  I got 4 earlier while I was in the shower, away for about 30 minutes.  When I take active participation a lot of times the host kicks you or you get killed and you get nothing.  Best to do this on a weekend.  Also you can easily get the vertebrae shackles by running an alternate account through to the mound makers convenanat area and killing your alt as an invader.  Otherwise you're looking at a weekend of pure grinding for 30 each of these two items.

• 4 months later...
On 13/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, steel6burgh said:

You can get these proofs of concord afk.  All you gotta do is go to alono bonfire and kill the two knights on the stairs then make sure you online and you have the blue sentinel equipped.  Now all you gotta do is go do something for about 12 hours and when you get back you might be surprised how many you were able to get by being summoned into a world and then the dark invader gets killed while your standing safely where you spawned in at.  I got 4 earlier while I was in the shower, away for about 30 minutes.  When I take active participation a lot of times the host kicks you or you get killed and you get nothing.  Best to do this on a weekend.  Also you can easily get the vertebrae shackles by running an alternate account through to the mound makers convenanat area and killing your alt as an invader.  Otherwise you're looking at a weekend of pure grinding for 30 each of these two items.

Why Blue Sentinel and not Blade of the Darkmoon?

• 8 months later...
On 09/09/2021 at 10:55 AM, jonesey46 said:

I did this for farming sunlight medals in DS2 and I swear there is something to it. You could go 40 minutes without a single drop but once I started quitting and reloading every 3 runs, or for every drop, I was getting drops much more often.

Defintely something to this. Getting summoned in October 2022 for these concords just weren’t happening that regularly. I must have got about 10 through summoning, the rest were grindalicious. Such tedious boredom.

but then I started closing the game after I got one concord. On the restart I generally found I got another one within 5 runs. Up to this point I was getting maybe 1 or 2 an hour just grinding. Once I started turning the game off I got to 30 pretty quickly.

for reference, I wasn’t in Ng+ but had beaten the game. I used the treasure chest head, the crystal rapier and just the standard ring (not +1 or +2 version) and popped rusted coins (although I’m not convinced they really do anything as plenty of times I forgot to pop one and still got the concord)

edit: just adding that my luck stat was at lvl 8. Couldn’t be bothered to respec and didn’t want to pour points into a category I wasn’t using. Yet turning game off after every successful concord I still managed to get these fairly quickly in comparison to how long it was taking before I started doing that

Edited by PotrikBerger
Add more info
  • Like 2