Toughts about possible server shutdown

walafc0

Due to the recent de-listing of the game on the Playstation Store, I was thinking that we may shall see a server shutdown within the end of the year. The game is 6 years old now on PS4, even more on PS3. Everyone has moved on. However, by looking on the Square Enix Website (French only sorry, https://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?la=3&id=7142), I saw in the FAQ a question related to Google Stravia, which lead me to the following:

"Why Square Enix and/or Google would spend time on porting a game on a new infrastructure (Stravia has been launched in November 2019) if they were planning to shutdown multiplayer one year after..?"

Does it make sense to you ? Should I rush the multi before 2021 ?

Edited by waIafc0

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe the servers are P2P so can't be shutdown 1f914.png.

I'm pretty sure they were as well granted haven't played them in forever.

Anyways if they were going to be shutdown at least the multiplayer doesn't have many trophies that would take long. Almost all except for level 60 should be doable within a couple hours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'm pretty sure they were as well granted haven't played them in forever.

Anyways if they were going to be shutdown at least the multiplayer doesn't have many trophies that would take long. Almost all except for level 60 should be doable within a couple hours.

This^

If you can get a group together, then you can get everything except the max rank trophy done in 2hrs or less.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe the servers are P2P so can't be shutdown 1f914.png.

Even with P2P there is at least one server that should be the tracker to connect peers, right ?

Anyway, I'll try to rush it before the end of the year. If someone is interested, I'll create a gaming session.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure they have been shut for good? I could be wrong. 

But yeh you cannot do any private matches either. It still requires a connection. 

Please sort this out team at Tomb Raider ?

53 minutes ago, helloImD said:

Only the ranked MP matches needs to be done online. The rest can be boosted in private matches anyway.

helloImD.png

10 minutes ago, Sully0988 said:

I'm not sure they have been shut for good? I could be wrong. 

But yeh you cannot do any private matches either. It still requires a connection. 

Please sort this out team at Tomb Raider 1f64f.png

Right now PSN is a mess and you can't play any game online on ps3/vita, and even some ps4/5 games here and there

Edited by red_tyrant
  • Like 3

On 27/2/2021 at 10:47 AM, joshuad5160 said:

@GamingNation2K no worries will let you know! I’m using the solo method on rescue for multiplayer to get trophies! However coz of the current issues I’m not able to even get on private matches. Hopefully Sony sorts this out soon 

On PS3 it's the same, I couldn't create a private match as well nor a ranked one. Fortunately I earned all online trophies by the end of last year, I was just checking if all my PS3 games wre having online issues. Hopefully this will get fixed tomorrow which is a working day.

On 27/2/2021 at 6:16 AM, joshuad5160 said:

I hope they resolve it soon! I only have the lvl 60 trophy to get. It will be a shame if this stops me from getting the platinum

I feel you. I just need to earn my last mp trophy on Max Payne 3 by only joining a match but I can't due to the current state of PSN for some games.