Toughts about possible server shutdown

walafc0

21 minutes ago, MuffGibbler said:

I still can't start a private match on PS4, despite the PSN status webpage saying everything is fixed.

Sony may have checked their infrastructure, but some of the devs are going to have to figure out what they need to fix to get their servers working again. Some are up, some aren’t. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Sony may have checked their infrastructure, but some of the devs are going to have to figure out what they need to fix to get their servers working again. Some are up, some aren’t. 

So with older games, might be a long shot.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If an older game is having trouble now but had been running stably up until last week, the odds are highly likely someone has at least access to a reboot function. 

True. I mostly play single player, so hasn’t really been an issue for me, but sucks for others.

50 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

PSN isn't back up, some games have been fixed but many aren't.

It’s possible that PSN itself is fixed, but the people who maintain those servers have to do a little more tweaking to get it working again. Either way, progress is being made. I’ve been reading more and more servers are starting to work again.

This game appears to be back online! For the first time in 3 days, I was able to start a private match without an error code. I did not test playing with others, but seeing as even the private solo matches require the online features to be active, those MP matches should be functional too. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Edited by Bo_Po
  • Like 1

This game was on sale recently for like 3,49€ or something on the German PS Store.

I played the PS3 version back in the day, the time it came out.

I would have switched and gave the PS4 version a chance.

But with all them MP trophys, i won‘t do that again.

3 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I don't understand why so many people complain about multiplayer trophies. Only one of them is grindy, and with two partners it can be boosted in one full day for all the team.

Actually you need 4 people for the trophy that requires people to win a ranked match of each type for the match to start. That's playing 8 matches at least so that everybody can get the trophy.

The rest can be done on private matches, a bunch with 1 or 2 more people and the remaining 2 or 3 trophies can be done alone.

23 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Then of course there is the grind to L60 as well as gathering enough resources to buy everything which is mind-numbingly boring.

Oh sure it's boring as hell, but 100% manageable with dedication. Plus there is a glitch to avoid material collection, which speeds up the level boosting.

20 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

Actually you need 4 people for the trophy that requires people to win a ranked match of each type for the match to start. That's playing 8 matches at least so that everybody can get the trophy.

My bad, sometimes it's 4 players you're right. However, match rules can be adapted with very fast objectives to reach. CTF for example can be done in 5 minutes (for 2 players, requires another 5 minutes for all the team).

Just to be clear, when I said it can be boosted in one full day, I refer to the level 60 trophy ;-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know this post is old but I figured I'd still give my 2 cents. Profile data e.g. Salvage, lvl, current amount of XP, and unlocks are saved locally on your console. Theoretically, you could cheat your way and use another person's saved data and unlock the trophy. How do I know that? I tried that with someone else's data on PC and your saved data is visible if you try to move it to a USB flash drive or upload it to PSN.

Even at the end of 2021 multiplayer is still playable and still should be theoretically until the last console that can run the game ceases to function.