OnuR10Ly

If you plat this game on a base ps4 god bless your soul...

42 posts in this topic

I'm almost 15 hours in on my base ps4 and haven't run into any crashes, just the occasional graphical glitch and some dips in the fps. It definitley gives off Fallout 3 and Rage vibes so the jank is almost nostalgic in a sense. Been having a blast so far and hope to pop the plat for my 20th milestone

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ulfarund said:

Well, the game does feel like a low-budget Fallout 3, but it has his charm, so far I'm enjoying it despite all the issues. So yeah, I intend to get the plat, but I have the patience of monk.

A low budget of a 11+ old game?

Yikes

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

A low budget of a 11+ old game?

Yikes

 

For me, the games is straight outta 2010 era, gameplay wise it feels like a low F3, and the graphic looks like Battlefield 3 without hd pack on. If I had to think of a more recent game that was the same kind of let down, I'd say RAGE 2.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Isn't it tragic that all the hype games this year turn out to be trash for one reason or another? This game here was supposed to be the holy grail of 2020, and look how it turned out, can't get hyped for anything these days.

I hear you, but collectively its our fault, we gamers are the reason this is still ongoing, until we stop lapping up all the lies at least anyway, i rarely buy a game brand new these days bc how these ceos have collectively decided to sell games half finished, its the norm now, they blatantly tell us too, just in 'corporate talk' by putting a name on it so dumb people accept it 'games as a service' lol so i use my head as a consumer and realise its far more benefitial now to wait a few months until i support the devs, all the dlc usually out by then and any issues usually patched, win win for me cos its cheaper too, some devs you can rely on however to consistently release games at a standard, Naughty Dog, Rockstar, ID, Capcom, n a large chunk of indie devs looking to impress for example, some we can rely on to bend us over with every release, Bethesda (cough cough), we should all be making a stand against this really but hell if a gamer wants to play, nothing stopping that train is there so i get it, but still it amazes me bc generally the gaming community is quite good at stamping out bs n letting the corporate side know roughly where the line is of what we accept or wont, but this shitty 'games as a service' has slipped right past the net, n now we all suffer bc of it, glad i didnt get on board the hype train, still, looking forward to play when its fixed n i got a ps5

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't it's mission: impossible.
Never have I seen a game so horrible as this one on my ps4. I just deleted the whole thing, 'cause I wanted to put it out of its missery. I'm gonna keep my copy & I'll play it once I get my PS5 in a few months.
For those who wanna try: They will make statues for you if you succeed.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the_benne666 said:

Can't it's mission: impossible.
Never have I seen a game so horrible as this one on my ps4. I just deleted the whole thing, 'cause I wanted to put it out of its missery. I'm gonna keep my copy & I'll play it once I get my PS5 in a few months.
For those who wanna try: They will make statues for you if you succeed.

 

Does it count for a ps4 pro? Then start building that statue :P. Currently clearing the whole map with the blue markers then it's just getting enough cash for all the cars and get all my endings.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

 

Does it count for a ps4 pro? Then start building that statue :P. Currently clearing the whole map with the blue markers then it's just getting enough cash for all the cars and get all my endings.


Nope, no pro. Just a regular first gen Playstation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ulfarund said:

Well, the game does feel like a low-budget Fallout 3, but it has his charm, so far I'm enjoying it despite all the issues. So yeah, I intend to get the plat, but I have the patience of monk.

 

I find this to be one of the funniest descriptions of this game that really works. Somehow, a game out in 2020 is like low-budget version of a game from 12 years ago. That's honestly an achievement. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can wait until they fix it, looks amazing on pc, but I don’t expect it to look as good. Some glitches are funny tbh. I will attempt to get platinum on my base ps5.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am playing on a base PS4 for platinum and I don't think this is so much an issue. Is it game problem free? sure not. There were crashes here and there, but so is Witcher 3. 

 

can the graphic be compared to the one on a high-end PC? no way in hell. But there are many more aspects from this game i can enjoy.

 

Honestly, unless you only play a dozen of "favorite" video games, there are much worse situation in platting a game than this one.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I over 75% done. And I've been using Base PS4. The only bug I haven't gotten was Loading textures.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the comparisons with linear games are a bit silly. I'm having a blast playing it on a base PS4, enjoying the story a lot and I believe there's a lot of drama when people talk about the game's bugs. They happen, they're often, but I didn't find any game-breaking bugs so far.

I've also had framedrops in many other great games, so I don't know why people enjoy so much to criticize it like it's the first game where it happens. I'm enjoy the story a lot, the story, narrative and freedom to complete the missions the way I want. The linearity of RDR2 in comparison to CB2077 is laughable.

But sure, if you want a more stable experience, I'd suggest you to wait until february and/or play it on PS4, but yeah, it's an amazing game.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 2:37 PM, Shmeefly said:

I hear you, but collectively its our fault, we gamers are the reason this is still ongoing, until we stop lapping up all the lies at least anyway, i rarely buy a game brand new these days bc how these ceos have collectively decided to sell games half finished, its the norm now, they blatantly tell us too, just in 'corporate talk' by putting a name on it so dumb people accept it 'games as a service' lol so i use my head as a consumer and realise its far more benefitial now to wait a few months until i support the devs, all the dlc usually out by then and any issues usually patched, win win for me cos its cheaper too, some devs you can rely on however to consistently release games at a standard, Naughty Dog, Rockstar, ID, Capcom, n a large chunk of indie devs looking to impress for example, some we can rely on to bend us over with every release, Bethesda (cough cough), we should all be making a stand against this really but hell if a gamer wants to play, nothing stopping that train is there so i get it, but still it amazes me bc generally the gaming community is quite good at stamping out bs n letting the corporate side know roughly where the line is of what we accept or wont, but this shitty 'games as a service' has slipped right past the net, n now we all suffer bc of it, glad i didnt get on board the hype train, still, looking forward to play when its fixed n i got a ps5

U r my kind of ppl! I 100% agree with this n have been preaching the exact same sentiment for the last couple of yrs. As gamers we HAVE to stop pre ordering n buying games day 1. We r n have been apart of this unfinished games at launch trend for yrs. I went from pre ordering everything under the sun during the x360/ps3 era to only pre ordering about 10-12 during the ps4 era. The game usually becomes complete 2 - 3 months after release so I usually wait til then n like u said its on sale by then so its a win win.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 0:23 PM, Nighcisama said:

Isn't it tragic that all the hype games this year turn out to be trash for one reason or another? This game here was supposed to be the holy grail of 2020, and look how it turned out, can't get hyped for anything these days.

Lol It’s not really trash, it’s pretty good. People worshipped Skyrim and it was way buggier than this game. 

24 minutes ago, Datboy1991 said:

 

Ghost of Tsushima and Doom Eternal both lived up to the expectations, so it's not all bad. 

So did Cyberpunk 

Also I’m a good portion of the way through the gigs and side hustles on PS4, and it’s not nearly as bad as the hysteria on the internet would have you believe. Especially after the most recent patches.

1 hour ago, celobrock said:

I think the comparisons with linear games are a bit silly. I'm having a blast playing it on a base PS4, enjoying the story a lot and I believe there's a lot of drama when people talk about the game's bugs. They happen, they're often, but I didn't find any game-breaking bugs so far.

I've also had framedrops in many other great games, so I don't know why people enjoy so much to criticize it like it's the first game where it happens. I'm enjoy the story a lot, the story, narrative and freedom to complete the missions the way I want. The linearity of RDR2 in comparison to CB2077 is laughable.

But sure, if you want a more stable experience, I'd suggest you to wait until february and/or play it on PS4, but yeah, it's an amazing game.

They’re also patching the game a lot lately, it’s already more stable on PS4 than it was on Day 1.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MsVelvet said:

U r my kind of ppl! I 100% agree with this n have been preaching the exact same sentiment for the last couple of yrs. As gamers we HAVE to stop pre ordering n buying games day 1. We r n have been apart of this unfinished games at launch trend for yrs. I went from pre ordering everything under the sun during the x360/ps3 era to only pre ordering about 10-12 during the ps4 era. The game usually becomes complete 2 - 3 months after release so I usually wait til then n like u said its on sale by then so its a win win.

Why thank you, yea only games il buy brand new are from a select few devs, as little as just 3 games new this year i think, i love my racers n i even stopped buying Codemasters games new bc i expect bugged trophies and at least 3 patches shy of a fully ironed out product, i checked the forums on the new Dirt 5 yesterday and the thread confirms im doing the right thing lol, trophies not unlocking, bugs... the usual. Id love nothing more than to support my fav franchises by purchasing games new n helping the launch statistic, but if ceos wanna keep releasing early and unfinished, il keep waiting, simple 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is beyond vague and makes zero sense. Even more so considering OP hasn't even played the game.
 

Please take this virtual punch in the back of the head as my gift for having read this dumb, Facebook-esque post. :spank:
 

And may God continue to bless all, regardless of console version.

Edited by effdeegee
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 my wife is playing on the launch ps4 and she was so sad the first day but as they patched it she's having a better time it's not perfect but it's getting better she's now making it her first plat.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna start my attempt at ps4 plat after the next patch. I mean im hearing good things regarding the patches but with all  the negativity, i can wait for one patch to arrive. 

 

They have proper bashed out these patches eh? Spose they had too. It begs some obvious questions which i wont go into. 

 

The road to sainthood starts here i guess. Allelujiah. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im betting cdpr took money from microsoft for priority optimisation. and that is why it looks like shit and got pulled.

 

if you're sony and a big game is comming, that you have never had to spend money developing, or advertising or publishing at all. why would you pull it completely if it's *just* profit for you, and if refunds hamper future sales it doesn't change the fact millions of playstation versions sold in spite of refunds, and it was free profit like fallout 76.

 

sony's corporate best friend refund policy is the reason why they got called anti consumer for refusing refunds. so why would sony yank it unless they were really sore about something.

 

if sony's refund policy was yes, sure you can have a refund on a game deemed broken, providing you haven't spent 50 hrs on it, i don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just about to plat it on ps4. Its been a bumpy road for sure (least a bakers dozen crashes) but I have been enjoying the game, especially the world map for its detail and main missions for their writing. But....this game did fall below my expectations, being my biggest negative would be that it feels so stripped down, and so hollow outside the main mission and character missions. I love the genre of cyberpunk and that love carried me a lot, and they did a good job making a game as a love letter to the genre. 

 

Thx for the blessing. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.