If you plat this game on a base ps4 god bless your soul...

OnuR10Ly

On 12/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, Nighcisama said:

Isn't it tragic that all the hype games this year turn out to be trash for one reason or another? This game here was supposed to be the holy grail of 2020, and look how it turned out, can't get hyped for anything these days.

Nah, Bugsnax happened. The true holy grail of 2020.

• Like 2

Playing on base PS4. The only issue I'm getting is the blue screen error message that pops up about 1-2 hours in which is very annoying. The close up hand to hand combat is terrible at times but other than that, loving the game but wish I was playing on the PS5 for sure. That soundtrack though.....Refused killed it with their 5 songs. I see no reason this was pulled from the store.

Been playing since launch on ps4 slim and finally got the plat. I've seen so much slander regarding the game especially on the cyberpunk subreddit from people playing on way better tech than me and it makes me wonder if it's just part of a bandwagon or should I just consider myself lucky that I never ran into any game breaking bugs?

Either way I still managed to have a good time with the game as I knew it was not going to live up to the enormous hype that surrounded the game before it came out and set my expectations accordingly. 

14 hours ago, trojbrown40 said:

Playing on base PS4. The only issue I'm getting is the blue screen error message that pops up about 1-2 hours in which is very annoying. The close up hand to hand combat is terrible at times but other than that, loving the game but wish I was playing on the PS5 for sure. That soundtrack though.....Refused killed it with their 5 songs. I see no reason this was pulled from the store.

I had the same types of errors while playing and I agree that it should not have been pulled from the store over something as petty as crashes, even if the constant need for quicksaves does break immersion a bit.

• Like 1

Wasn't easy but... Finally managed! 

I must admit that with patch 1.06 I encountered less game-breaking bugs. The game crashed every now and then but overall it has improved. 

Shall replay as female V once I get my hands on a PS5 and the game has been further patched. 

I didnt save someone for a certain ending, and had 1 region glitch an assault.  Looking forward to the next big update to play it some more.  Most my crashes came near end game when i was lvl 50.  Didnt force the plat so Im curious what the updates bring while I break from it.  

My game crashed a total of 26 times (yes I counted lol) throughout my platinum run. Then there was the obvious texture loading glitch that made the areas look ugly when you walk in. While those have been frustrating for me, there was nothing that was game-breaking i.e. couldn’t let me finish the game. Is the game perfect on a PS4? Not at all, far from it. But is it a complete disaster? Nope. Game is still incredible. Story is great, and the fights are amazing. I know it’s apples and oranges comparing it to the Witcher, but Cyberpunk’s fighting mechanics were waaaaay better than Witcher’s. And as others here pointed out, patch 1.06 fixed a majority of these issues. Game should be stable enough to run just fine now. And no this is not an excuse for how the game was released. I’m just glad they’re quick to fix it.

FYI, as of this comment, OP has not played Cyberpunk. So if you’re reading this thread, take that with a grain of salt.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit
  • Like 1

Platted on PS4 base version in around 60 hours. I did have a Little Tokyo trophy glitch out, but luckily I had a back-up save.

Important thing to remember, is that before and after each gig you have to receive a call and is best to wait until you do. Otherwise, they glitch out and you start receiving delayed fixer calls. For example, you complete SOS Merc Needed, and fixer calls and congratulates you for completing a gig you did 1-2 hours ago.

And there is a delayed texture loading which slows things down a bit.

Had around 15 crashes total during those 60 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, OnuR10Ly said:

I can understand if you are on ps5 but if you plat this on ps4 especially the base model you are a saint. 

Can you bless my Soul please?? ?  I hate to say this but this plat was painful. I had to force myself to finish the last two areas gigs. Had a few moments from the playing the game that were fun but overall I will put this back in its case and will not touch it unless dlc comes out of I get a PS5. Horrible experience for me and ended up hating the game due to the bugs and glitches. Very sad!!! 

Edited by upindat
grammar

I switched from PS4 to PS5 about midway in my 110 hours playing. If i may say so, this game crashes more on PS5 than it does on PS4, at least to me. And it crashes on all weird situations. For example, after i finished the devil ending, the game crashed during credit scene, after Judy's message. This is probably the 1st game i played that crashed during credit in my 20+ years gaming.

I have quite a few complains regarding this game, but this game is by no means the evil it was portraited to be.

• Like 3

LOL man... every time there’s huge hype, I swear people just lose all sense of fair judgment and perspective on the whole thing it’s ridiculous. This is what happened with Cyberpunk...

The biggest whiners from every corner of the world (a.k.a. The loudest, most persistent people hounding the net), got their worst complaints amplified through famous, edgy youtubers who game for a living (and you know for damn sure they got the best gaming rig possible and would never play a game as long as Cyberpunk on a base PS4!), whom then talked about it as if it were their own experience.

The bigger and more mainstream the hype, the bigger the rabid, toxic part of the fan base will be. So that handful is just overloading every forum and most the time just parroting issues they only heard about and not actually experienced themselves. (Hmm... maybe The OP being one such person?)

Also Sony would NEVER pull their best selling game over “quality issues and bugs” this makes me LOL the most. Rational thought is all it takes to know why.... CDPR, in an attempt to make it up for those disappointed, offered refunds regardless of Sony’s zero tolerance refunds policy. So with a game as big and popular as Cyberpunk, Sony decided they will not sell and offer refunds at the same time, especially when they don’t even deal with refunds regularly. They were not ready for this, so they pulled it instead since CDPR I’m sure insisted on it thru good will toward consumer.

The game will get better over time, being toxic about it doesn’t help anything or anyone at all. It just pains me to see every open world RPG games get beat up by a lynch mob of cowards behind a keyboard over frivolous issues. Not many ever come out, but when they do, people always ridicule them. It’s like we hate open world RPG’s, an don’t respect how complex it is. 

Anyone even notice how the world is not static at all? Know how Fallout 3 doesn’t even have a driving mechanic that unfairly gets it compared to GTA as well? You realize how stupid and insulting you are being by comparing the two and saying “oh yeah this game is like 20 years ago standard, FO3 is better.” Pff, man I don’t think any o ya negative Nancy’s here even realize how damaging, unnecessary and ignorant your actually being. Go find a better hobby if games aren’t good enough for ya for Christ’s sake.

and when you think about, who else could make Cyberpunk 2077 a better open world RPG anyways? BioWare? No they got beat up over Andromeda and DA:I before. Bethesda? No they get beat up the most actually. Anyone else? Kingdom Come devs? Nope... hmm can’t really think of any more devs that could even match the scope of Cyberpunk . We don’t get to be entitled, not unless games like Cyberpunk are a dime a dozen, not once a year at most! Konami probably makes jokes about devs like them, since mobile and gambling machines makes more money for only a fraction of the cost. They prob think them fools for trying so hard for us.

Bunch of FN babies the lot of us. Stomping around, parroting the trending opinion like it’s our own, an spreading it all over the goddamn internet. Normally I’d wait for the toxicity to air out some more before injecting an opposing or more sensible opinion. But right now, guess I’m just sick of seeing this, and don’t care to rile up the dumbasses.

Wow... guess I needed to rant. And goddamn still got more bottled up. Well gonna make my own thread from this instead now... 

Edited by FEARTRAIN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...