Cd projekt offering refunds

dannyswfc9

“First of all, we would like to start by apologising to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase,” the statement from CD Projekt said. “We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

its good that they have offered this but that statement is crazy. 

We wernt expecting ground breaking graphics on ps4 but on surely its not to much to expect it to be on par with games currently on the market.

Will any of you be taking them up on this offer. 

personally im gonna leave it for now and play it on ps5. Ive popped 1 trophy so my ocd is killing me lol

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472?s=20

Edited by DaivRules
Added link to source
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

As they should offer refunds for a full priced game that is almost unplayable on base consoles. I sucks that CD Project has to be this slimy to ban any showcase of footage from the reviewers and wait until the last second to lie to the customers. Remember, this was suppose to come out in April and there was still not next gen console to be available. 

Hopefully, they can release patches to make the game at least playable. 

Wouldve been a great aprils fool though. ?

12 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The reality is that very, very few people are going to seek refunds on this game from CD Projekt Red. Those people will be loud, and they'll repeat themselves 1,000 times over, but they'll still be a rounding error.

This is sad but true. A lot of people probably bought the physical copy to give their nephew or friend or husband something as a Christmas gift (physical copy of course). It is obvious that they want this game to hit the market right before Christmas so they can get the Christmas sales. The fact that so few people will be claiming the refund (given the example above, hard to claim a refund if you are the gift recipient and complain that the gift from family/friend sucks). I also noticed that they will only be taking in refunds before December 21, 2020. So for people playing it on or after Christmas, those people can't even apply for a refund anymore. So it seems like they are doing a community a favor by offering refunds, but they are really not.

You mentioned refunds should be on par course for other devs, sadly because so few people will be claiming refunds, they won't be held accountable given they already recovered all the costs in one day. So other devs wouldn't see this as a consequence for releasing a super buggy game.

I did notice their stock price drop by 20-30% so that's a good thing at least (not good for people who bought into the hype and actually purchased their stock).

So glad I avoided this game, one of the most overhyped games ever. 

• Like 1

I think people have lost the plot on this. You gotta keep perspective of what the average consumer is like, most people aren’t bothered by huge problems. That’s why Skyrim on PS3, GTA5 on PS3, etc all were fine and didn’t stop people from enjoying them and those games are beloved and people dumped hundreds of hours on Skyrim. 

do I think it’s dumb? sure, but the average consumer is who they are. They aren’t online complaining. Short of the game bricking the console or making them unable to ever play it again they largely won’t care much so long as the game beneath the bugs is good. Which from what I hear it is, based on high end PC response to the game. 

and lest we forget all the Switch begging I’d your response to the above is to mention lower npc count and such. People don’t seem to care as much about huge downgrades generally. Also see people defending the poor handling of DQXI S. 

most people won’t care. People who talk about games at all are already a minority, and even within that minority I see this difference. Lots of people who say they’ve had few issues and are enjoying on base PS4. And then others who say it sucks. Then a bunch of memes and people looking for clout from the hate bandwagon who don’t represent the 8+ million who already own the game. 

I wish they just canned the last gen versions and focused on PS5 and Series, but they didn’t. But I also don’t think it’s going to really do anything to them unless their next games are bad. And by bad I mean content wise not performance or bugs. That’s never been a deal breaker for most people, despite the fact that it should be. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The tweet says to contact CD Projekt Red for a refund.

While true it's vague, who knows how long that will take? You ship the physical copy back to them? I go to GameStop and they tell me no, are they are going to contact GameStop on my behalf?  It's probably a lot of hassle. Most people are going to try to refund it to the place they purchased it from. I've seen Sony give refunds to some people, and say no to others.

This whole situation is a shame. I beat the game, but still... 

Edited by Lilseb93

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I agree that refunds should be offered - obviously, as any other consumer product that failed to function would necessitate - though, while we’re dreaming, maybe what should be most strongly encouraged to become the norm would be... not releasing games that are demonstrably defective....?

It really makes you wonder if they are cutting corners in testing or even have people testing at all in some cases like these.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

While true it's vague, who knows how long that will take? You ship the physical copy back to them? I go to GameStop and they tell me no, are they are going to contact GameStop on my behalf?  It's probably a lot of hassle. Most people are going to try to refund it to the place they purchased it from. I've seen Sony give refunds to some people, and say no to others.

This whole situation is a shame. I beat the game, but still... 

The directions aren't vague: contact CD Projekt Red. It's only a tweet, who knows how may of the actual purchasers of the game are even going to come across this information in the next week. The details of the refunds themselves are vague, but this goes back to my original point. Only a very, very small percentage of people are going to bother to begin with. Most people will just wait for the patches and aren't going to seek a refund or they'll trade it in/sell it if they bought it physically.

If anyone wants to take their copy back to a Gamestop, I'm certain Gamestop employees have already heard about this tweet and will refund the game. It will be a typical refund experience, no hassle involved.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The directions aren't vague: contact CD Projekt Red. It's only a tweet, who knows how may of the actual purchasers of the game are even going to come across this information in the next week. The details of the refunds themselves are vague, but this goes back to my original point. Only a very, very small percentage of people are going to bother to begin with. Most people will just wait for the patches and aren't going to seek a refund or they'll trade it in/sell it if they bought it physically.

If anyone wants to take their copy back to a Gamestop, I'm certain Gamestop employees have already heard about this tweet and will refund the game. It will be a typical refund experience, no hassle involved.

I meant the details of it. I hope you're right about it not being a hassle. But I do agree not many people are going to refund it and they will wait for the patches or the next gen update.

Edited by Lilseb93

I bought for the PS4 it but haven't downloaded it yet and after all of the articles and videos i've seen, it's not really playable in the way i'd expect right now. So I requested a refund from Sony. I'll re-purchase it in April/May 2021 when I have a PS5 and it's had some room for a few patches. Also this whole epilepsy thing that has been going on over social media has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I'll be back when the baby army of manchildren broflakes have simmered down on social media and gone to find something else to be infantile with.

• Like 2