Cd projekt offering refunds

dannyswfc9

i like the basic concept behind the game and the story and i will wait a minute while they improve it and then play and get the remaining trophies.  I'm playing it on the ps5 and graphically the game doesn't look good for me.  I don't understand why as I have watched streams where it looks considerably better.  I need to mess with the settings possibly or just wait for improvements.  I have other games to play so i will play them and wait awhile on this.  Not getting a refund although I will say that this is quite the gaming blunder. It seems as if they got confused about releasing a game at at time when a new generation of console was releasing and to me it seems they had plenty of time to prepare for that.  they have demonstrated a lot of incompetence which surely should and will damage their reputation for the future.  my main complaint is that since i popped a trophy i will be stuck playing this on the ps4 and now find out that it was really only meant for the ps5 and that is why is plays so poorly.  In my opinion if this were so they should have released the ps5 version from the start so i'm calling bullshit on that.

6 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

i like the basic concept behind the game and the story and i will wait a minute while they improve it and then play and get the remaining trophies.  I'm playing it on the ps5 and graphically the game doesn't look good for me.  I don't understand why as I have watched streams where it looks considerably better.  I need to mess with the settings possibly or just wait for improvements.  I have other games to play so i will play them and wait awhile on this.  Not getting a refund although I will say that this is quite the gaming blunder. It seems as if they got confused about releasing a game at at time when a new generation of console was releasing and to me it seems they had plenty of time to prepare for that.  they have demonstrated a lot of incompetence which surely should and will damage their reputation for the future.  my main complaint is that since i popped a trophy i will be stuck playing this on the ps4 and now find out that it was really only meant for the ps5 and that is why is plays so poorly.  In my opinion if this were so they should have released the ps5 version from the start so i'm calling bullshit on that.

I don't have the game nor a PS5 but I've seen several webs advicing to turn off motion blur and film grain to improve image quality in both PS5 and Xbox Series. Hope this helps to you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

“First of all, we would like to start by apologising to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase,” the statement from CD Projekt said. “We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

its good that they have offered this but that statement is crazy. 

We wernt expecting ground breaking graphics on ps4 but on surely its not to much to expect it to be on par with games currently on the market.

Will any of you be taking them up on this offer. 

personally im gonna leave it for now and play it on ps5. Ive popped 1 trophy so my ocd is killing me lol

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1338390123373801472?s=20

I feel you bro. My ocd is also kicking in but I'll have to wait till I get my PS5

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

There's no such correlation. You're just cherry-picking games that have problems like CP2077 and ignoring the 100s of games that launch in a complete state.

Am I now? I'm against the practice of preorders entirely, as we see the exact same problem with 99% of releases. Try again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

That's what happens when people with 0 self control preorder games. They get the buggy mess they deserve.

Sadly, this is the state of gaming now. Most, if not all, major releases need to be patched pretty quickly. That said, I don't think anyone who is excited to play a game day one "deserves" a broke, buggy mess. They should expect it at this point, but they don't deserve it. 

4 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Am I now? I'm against the practice of preorders entirely, as we see the exact same problem with 99% of releases. Try again.

Since you claim  99% of games release this way, I'm hoping you could name me 10 that came out this year in a similar state, should be easy for you. As someone who buys and plays a lot of games day one, it always makes me laugh when people who don't make this claim. If you looked at all the games that do release in a good state instead of the ones that don't you'd see just how many there are. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sicho said:

And the reason why I'm a bit more lenient in this case is that the pandemic probably wrought havoc on the development but since another delay wasn't possible without taking huge risks, they were in a bad spot. I'm pretty sure without Covid 19, this game launch would have been different.

Also, the v1.04 patch adressed a lot of issues. It's still not perfect, but at least on PS4 Pro, where I'm playing, it's good enough to get enjoyment out of the game. I'm playing for over 30h so far, which is a good sign that I'm having fun. Otherwise I would be back at Yakuza 7 already ;)

I get you, the pandemic has impacted so much. I think for me I had the same approach with their release date delays. I just get this impression that they kinda knew the base PS4 performance would be dire, didn't say anything and released it anyway.

I wonder if this should have been released on the PS4 / Xbox One at all based on what folks are saying.

28 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

Being against pre-orders entirely seems to be the reason why your comments are so emotionally unstable and factually incorrect. 

You can rant all you like.(not as if I can stop you) I will just keep scoffing at how people still use fallacious arguments such as "99%" in 2020 as a real way to prove their opinions.
You don't need to prove an opinion. If you don't like eggs, then you don't like eggs. You don't need to create some crazy reason as to why eggs are bad or that other people are wrong for liking eggs. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I agree that refunds should be offered - obviously, as any other consumer product that failed to function would necessitate - though, while we’re dreaming, maybe what should be most strongly encouraged to become the norm would be... not releasing games that are demonstrably defective....?

this is complicated.

When is a game defective? It is an entertainment product... so the only "real" defect it can have is a physical one where it'S not starting when you put it into your console. Other than that... if it's showing a title screen with music, that can already be entertaining to someone, maybe? And as soon as it entertains, its basically working? I'm exaggerating, of course, but I hope you see the point I'm trying to get across: is an entertainment product really defective when it's able to entertain people?

Because let's face it: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely playable, even on base PS4. Maybe it's not entertaining to play it that way for some players... but then again, being entertained is very subjective so it cannot be used as the metric to gause "defectiveness".

You could maybe argue that the game doesn't play the way it should play due to bugs and technical issues. Others than could argue that f.ex. Monopoly gets played a lot with house rules, which means they don't play the game the way it's intended to be played, but they still have fun. So maybe a videogame could still be fun even though it doesn't work as it is supposed to work? And as soon as its fun again, it entertains and therefore fulfills its job as an entertainment product?

Again, I think this can become quite complicated ... philosophical even.

Is a game broken and eligible for a refund when its graphics are shit? Or when it doesn't look like the trailers, because you don't have a high end system?

If you buy a Blu-Ray film and play it on a 320p TV, you don't get the Full HD goodness of the Blu-Ray, so it looks like shit... but it's still an entertaining movie perhaps? So, the entertainment product does still fulfill its purpose? Even though it looks shit?
Now replace Blu-Ray film with videogame and 320p TV with Last Gen Console and you get my point...

On Steam, they simply established: played less than 2 hours, refund possible, everything over 2 hours means you had fun with it so no more refunds.

But is this the best way? Should it be three hours? Or one? Or 24?

I don't know and I don't feel that I have the capacity to judge this.

The problem I see with it is that many people would then refund games, not because the game has serious issues, but because for some reason they "didn't like it" or they just wanted to try it out - as they are already doing in masses on Steam. No issue for big companies that sell millions of copies on Day 1, but there are enough stories out there of very small studios facing massive problems because of this.

I know that on PC, many people buy games just to benchmark them first, before then deciding if they keep it or not.

I can understand where they come from but I would prefer a world, where demos and benchmark version would be available for every game for free to try this stuff out but the purchases would be final.

Imagine if Cyberpunk had a demo before release on every platform - that would have been the perfect way IMO. Everybody could make their own mind up then if they would want to play it in its current form or not.

Because, as someone else said in this thread: there are probably many people playing this on base PS4 and still enjoying it. So there would probably be people out there that would have played the demo and still decided to buy it.

Which basically brings us back to the question: when should a game be considered "broken"? As long as there are people that are entertained by the game, it's doing its job...
If there are thousands of people enjoying it, not minding the bad graphics and bugs, are the others maybe spoiled and picky? When there are people that are having fun with it, it makes it harder to make your case with arguments like "but the graphics are shit and there are bugs". It's a bit like if someone would say "ahh the new song of band XYZ sucks because they are singing in auto tune and not really playing their instruments" and then the other person would say "who cares, it's still a catchy song..."

We are elitists and enthusiasts in this scenario. But most people in this world are simply "consumers" who don't care about a lot of the things we care about. And those are the masses. And if you want to define legal parameters that define when a game is broken, these parameters will be calibrated to those masses, not to the enthusiasts...

There used to be a time where demos were quite common... I miss those demo discs...

Edited by Sicho

I contacted Sony about the refund but received any response from them. I just sent an email to CDPR as well but I don't know how they can help me get my money back.

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

bunch of people on PS4 reddit saying Sony is not doing refunds.

Sony is not going to refund Cyberpunk 2077. They asked players to wait for next year's patches.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/12/14/sony-refusing-cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

[email protected]

Deadline: December 21, 2020

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Sony is not going to refund Cyberpunk 2077. They asked players to wait for next year's patches.

Some people DID get refunds from Sony:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-13-sony-has-begun-refunding-unhappy-cyberpunk-2077-fans-playing-on-ps4

Bad and inconsistent customer service, to be expected coming from Sony in this scenario.

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

A lot of people don't get refunded. Only few did.

We don't have the full statistics, all we know is that refunds were inconsistent.

All you originally said was "Sony is not going to refund Cyberpunk 2077." I wouldn't want people to give up and not try after reading that.

• Like 1

On this topic of refund but not really...

My friend, who has an UK account, bought a digital version of cyberpunk for PS4 and I do the gameshare thing with him and I have been playing on my PS5 with my US account.

Needless to say we have been having very different experiences with the game, he just asked for a refund of his copy and even though I am gonna wait for the upgrade to buy on my US account I was wondering if I could use the same save. Are the playstation save files region locked for Cyberpunk, has anyone had this experience?

Will my save file work considering I have been playing his UK game version and will later on buy a US digital version on my account?

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

We don't have the full statistics, all we know is that refunds were inconsistent.

All you originally said was "Sony is not going to refund Cyberpunk 2077." I wouldn't want people to give up and not try after reading that.

It's a whole mess to go through. It's stupid and waste of time. I contacted CDPR directly so hopefully they care their customers.

Edited by mvpeast

41 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

dude, I’m against pre-ordering too.... but even I think you sound unhinged.

99% of games are broken beyond playability at launch?

99% of games cause their devs stock price to plummet?

99% of games drive a cottage industry of glitch videos on YouTube, provoke a backlash all over the internet requiring platform holders to obfuscate their own refund policies to placate disgruntled players and prompt the dev themselves to issue a public apology?

No.
No that does not happen with 99 out of every 100 games.

Cyberpunk 2077’s launch is a shit show. No two ways about it - and it shows the dangers of pre-ordering - I totally agree - but lets not be silly.

It is not the rule, it is the exception.

Unhinged? The very premise of day 1 patches showcases how broken 99% of games are at launch. 

If a product isn't functioning properly, it's broken and the player is at the mercy of a Publisher choosing to fix it. Doesn't matter if it's trophies that won't pop, game crashes, textures not loading in etc.

You can of course choose to purchase day 1 if you want. It's your money do with it as you will. That being said I'm also able to choose to laugh as people continue the preordering practice and continue to be disappointed.

• Like 1

i found it ironic that they said they should have focused to make the game to play better on last gen consoles...

one of their promises and goals during the development of this cybernetic junk is to " make the game runs well on all platforms! " they literally said that themselves, back then the base ps4 and base XBONE isn't even out yet or basically just been released as the latest tech at the time, back then there's no ps4 pro no XBONEX and the ps5 and XSX is just a words on everyone's mouth.

not even the PC is safe from the bugs and crashes.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TizonaES said:

I don't have the game nor a PS5 but I've seen several webs advicing to turn off motion blur and film grain to improve image quality in both PS5 and Xbox Series. Hope this helps to you.

thank you! I will try it out.

3 hours ago, VigilantCrow said:

I always think arguing against people who order day one and pre-ordering is a stupid of an argument as you could make.  If people don't support games early the quality would go way down if everybody sat around and waited for the bargain bin price drop.  You should thank people who test game at release instead of biting the hand that feeds you so to speak.  We are the reason you get great games glitch free at a discounted price.  you are not.

cdpr are great devs but their ambition always runs away with them, either that or their q&a team fuckin suck, or both. every game they do is riddled with bugs for months after launch, if you think back to the release of witcher one they practically invented games as a service during a time when bethesda executives had souls.

they got greedy because of covid, blagged people into buying it, felt guilty and are now offering refunds because the game is "broken" they say. yet sony's refund policy is if you download a game to your console you automatically lose the refund.

sony is greedy and ignorant, have been since the americans felt they could do a better job and sidelined all the japanese. worst mistake they have made.

Edited by DaivRules
replaced the slur

Who would want to seek refund for this game? This game is superb.

This is going to end up as my favourite game this year! Easily a 10 out of 10 game this! And ive just started! ? In my opinion.

Worth mentioning that im on PS5 tho. Not sure about the quality on ps4.

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DividedByMankind said:

Who would want to seek refund for this game? This game is superb.

This is going to end up as my favourite game this year! Easily a 10 out of 10 game this! And ive just started! ? In my opinion.

glad you like it, but i was always going to wait, either for the ps5 patch or a 3080ti pc.

• Like 1