Cd projekt offering refunds

dannyswfc9

As much as it sucks for the fans / community that have been waiting for the game (through the multiple delays as well), I still find it classy for them to offer a full refund for the purchase. Class act if you ask me. Obviously they did not need to offer the refund, so at least those who feel "scammed" out of their money will have that option. People will still complain about it though. I myself was someone who has been waiting for the game, as well as purchased it from Gamestop. Luckily, they have an option to return it within 48 hours for full store credit if you dont enjoy the game. I did just that lol

6 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

yet sony's refund policy is if you download a game to your console you automatically lose the refund.

Not necessarily true

I've been refunded for a downloaded (but not played) game, and I have a couple friends that got refunded for downloaded games - 1 was like half done, the other was completed but servers taken down shortly after launch.

If anything, the refund policy is very inconsistent depending on which support person you get, what day of the week it is, and if the stars are aligned.

But dont let that stop you guys from trying for a refund if you're that displeased with the game.

5 hours ago, iK1nGg0d said:

As much as it sucks for the fans / community that have been waiting for the game (through the multiple delays as well), I still find it classy for them to offer a full refund for the purchase. Class act if you ask me. Obviously they did not need to offer the refund

They kind of had to I think. With the amount of bad pr this spawned for them, they didnt have much of a choice realistically 

13 hours ago, DaivRules said:

No, not even close to the biggest fail. I believe a certain ATARI game still holds that crown.

The reality is that very, very few people are going to seek refunds on this game from CD Projekt Red. Those people will be loud, and they'll repeat themselves 1,000 times over, but they'll still be a rounding error.

This should be encouraged from all developers and become the norm in video games. If someone puts out a technically (in the programming sense) bad or broken game, refunds should just be par for the course.

No Man's Sky

My first day playing the game on PS5, I only had one crash in a six hour play session. I felt pretty good about that.

But then today... holy jumping fuck sticks. I've lost count of how many times the fucking game crashed. At least 10 times. And the 'Monster Hunt' sidequest is a steaming pile of monkey shit. Spent the better part of two hours trying to get through this mission and the legendary craft material. Playing on very hard was clearly a mistake - especially when the game is this buggy.

It's really demoralizing that the game can and will crash on you for just walking back and attempting to enter your car, and then you have to repeat everything all over again. On VH.

For the love of god CDPR, fix this game.

Not returning the game. Just a really frustrating experience today.

16 hours ago, KondeBra said:

Good thing this industry is very strong nowadays. 20 years ago a game like this could provoke another crash in the gaming industry. It gives me strong E.T. vibes lol.

This might be the most dramatic overreaction i've read on this site, and people usually aren't all that nuanced to begin with here.

• Like 1

I've been streaming on ps4, so you can literally look up my joke of a yt for ps4 base gameplay if you want a peek..  I can't imagine going through the trouble or encouraging people to refund this, it'll be a big mistake.  First update already has the game rockin'.  Again maybe my ps4 is just feeling 'good'.  Hope people give it a chance, this is a keeper, even with a fumble at launch.  Have a great day all!

23 hours ago, KondeBra said:

Good thing this industry is very strong nowadays. 20 years ago a game like this could provoke another crash in the gaming industry. It gives me strong E.T. vibes lol.

ET didn't directly cause the crash. The market was flooded with a ton of garbage games with no oversight. ET was just the breaking point

13 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Is it really that bad on stock ps4?

I'm playing on a launch PS4. Yes, I've crashed multiple times. Yes, I've encountered a number of bugs and/or glitches. But the experience hasn't been totally destroyed for me. I'm enjoying the story, I'm enjoying the characters, I'm enjoying the side content. And I'll get a free PS5 upgrade of the game when I finally buy a PS5.

I feel the game still needs a lot of work and am glad to see it's getting two major patches next year. I hope those fix a lot of the issues.

My biggest complaint is that they announced a release date and that forced them to scramble to meet the deadline, which they failed three times in doing. This is especially aggravating when, for the longest time, they kept saying "it'll release when it's ready."

Developers need to stop putting pressure on themselves and only announce a release date when it IS actually ready.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The game that just won a "Best Ongoing Support" award?

Yes but the game was supposedly a big disappointment at the beginning and it won the award because they have went above and beyond to make it a much better game.   This is a great thing but i think people expect developers to finish games and make them great at release, that is of course, if they would like people to buy them at release.  Examples of this are almost every sony exclusive.  The rest of the gaming industry should make their games that good at launch.  Back in the day games were all for the most part bug free because there was no fixing them with a patch.  Why shouldn't it be that way now?  Naught dog can pull it off, rockstar does a pretty decent job.   ubisoft flopped big time and delayed every game they had coming out last year and most of them that have released thus far were still a mess.  Just think they planned on releasing watch dogs legion 7 or 8 months ago.  Imagine what it would have been like if they had.  In fact they had planned to release all their games unfinished.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

The game that just won a "Best Ongoing Support" award?

Yes, also the game that when it launched was total garbage and the developers completely lied about what it would be like. If you are holding that game up as a shining example of amazingness then cyberpunk is a million years ahead of that game at launch, guess it will be GOTY for sure.

7 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I'm playing on a launch PS4. Yes, I've crashed multiple times. Yes, I've encountered a number of bugs and/or glitches. But the experience hasn't been totally destroyed for me. I'm enjoying the story, I'm enjoying the characters, I'm enjoying the side content. And I'll get a free PS5 upgrade of the game when I finally buy a PS5.

I feel the game still needs a lot of work and am glad to see it's getting two major patches next year. I hope those fix a lot of the issues.

My biggest complaint is that they announced a release date and that forced them to scramble to meet the deadline, which they failed three times in doing. This is especially aggravating when, for the longest time, they kept saying "it'll release when it's ready."

Developers need to stop putting pressure on themselves and only announce a release date when it IS actually ready.

You are right, an example would be this years call of duty.

This is all very interesting to me because I have yet to experience anything even mildly game breaking while playing. Some mild display and graphical errors, but that’s all. I’ve had the same problems in many other games I’ve played and enjoyed. Maybe I’ll experience greater problems further in, but right now I’ve seen nothing to warrant the reaction the game is getting.

59 minutes ago, Top_Dodger_90 said:

This is all very interesting to me because I have yet to experience anything even mildly game breaking while playing. Some mild display and graphical errors, but that’s all. I’ve had the same problems in many other games I’ve played and enjoyed. Maybe I’ll experience greater problems further in, but right now I’ve seen nothing to warrant the reaction the game is getting.

That's because experiences differ from person to person. You may have nothing to complain about, but the majority of players obviously do.

Their 'apology' and wanting to issue a refund statements are honestly quite empty to me.They knew the game would be riddled with bugs, have performance issues and look ugly on anything other than a high end PC (and even then the bugs are still rampant there). Yet they still went ahead with the release anyway. All while controlling review footages, not giving reviewers the console versions, and the fact that they advertised the game as running well on an PS4/XBOX One. Even on my PS5, I'm having at least 5-10 crashes in a single 4-6hr session, having to reload saves due to missions being stuck, then you throw in all the bugs and blurry graphics and I'm left wondering why I still play this game. It's a shame because the characters and the story are really engaging and easily the best parts of this game. I'll just keep doing the new savage raids on FF14 I guess.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Yes but the game was supposedly a big disappointment at the beginning and it won the award because they have went above and beyond to make it a much better game.   This is a great thing but i think people expect developers to finish games and make them great at release, that is of course, if they would like people to buy them at release.  Examples of this are almost every sony exclusive.  The rest of the gaming industry should make their games that good at launch.  Back in the day games were all for the most part bug free because there was no fixing them with a patch.  Why shouldn't it be that way now?  Naught dog can pull it off, rockstar does a pretty decent job.   ubisoft flopped big time and delayed every game they had coming out last year and most of them that have released thus far were still a mess.  Just think they planned on releasing watch dogs legion 7 or 8 months ago.  Imagine what it would have been like if they had.  In fact they had planned to release all their games unfinished.

I had NMS since launch. I followed all the pre and post release news. The game at launch was exactly what I expected it to be minus the space whales and very, very rare crashing. NMS from the get go was stated to be a journey for both the player and the devs. There would be many free updates coming after launch. Getting content updates doesn't mean the base game was incomplete in anyway. So of you people view "completeness" as a matter of the devs doing nothing at all with the game. Is that even a reasonable idea in 2020? 

The examples of Sony games are ironic considering how many of the Sony 1st party games had to patch in NG+ and higher difficulty modes after the inital release. I remember many people on here complaining about how adding new modes after release along with trophies would mess up their 100%. Aren't we still waiting for the Factions mode of TLOU2? Did SackBoy get the online multiplayer update yet?

There's no "back in the day" where patch weren't necessary. Games were always full of bugs. Consoles weren't online so they could not get patches. PC at the time were online and those games do have patches. 

Another problem people like you have is all the false comparisons and unrealistic rules. "Naughty Dog can make a perfect game so everyone else should too" foh.

CP2077 needs fixing. In a few months another big game will need major fixing...so on and so forth. This is normal and not dire or signs of the apocalypse. Gaming has never been as perfect as you recall or want to imply.

15 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

Yes, also the game that when it launched was total garbage and the developers completely lied about what it would be like. If you are holding that game up as a shining example of amazingness then cyberpunk is a million years ahead of that game at launch, guess it will be GOTY for sure.

The game wasn't "garbage" at launch though. I merely pointed out to the other poster that NMS has won awards for being a great ongoing game with great community support. Did I lie? 

You and the other person seem to be stuck on NMS being one thing and/or are only capable of seeing the bad regardless of any change. So, maybe CP2077 is more like NMS than I thought.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Consoles weren't online so they could not get patches. 

Preach! I played Morrowind on the OG XBOX :D

EDIT: and the worst thing about this is that it has already been 18 years... fuck, we're getting very old very fast!

Edited by Sicho

On 12/14/2020 at 10:23 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Unhinged? The very premise of day 1 patches showcases how broken 99% of games are at launch. 

If a product isn't functioning properly, it's broken and the player is at the mercy of a Publisher choosing to fix it. Doesn't matter if it's trophies that won't pop, game crashes, textures not loading in etc.

You can of course choose to purchase day 1 if you want. It's your money do with it as you will. That being said I'm also able to choose to laugh as people continue the preordering practice and continue to be disappointed.

You are making it sound like game receiving day one patch somehow equals game being broken. That's not the case and you clearly knowing shit about software development is not an excuse for this blatantly wrong statement. Not to mention your math doesn't add up regarding the bullshit percentage you came up with, but that was already said.

Congratulations on being the first one to shit on people preordering games in this thread, though. Didn't take long.

Mind, I did NOT preorder CP and all of the games I preordered (which is most of them) worked with no issue day one. Just to skip some unnecessary round of arguments.

11 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

You are making it sound like game receiving day one patch somehow equals game being broken. That's not the case and you clearly knowing shit about software development is not an excuse for this blatantly wrong statement. Not to mention your math doesn't add up regarding the bullshit percentage you came up with, but that was already said.

Congratulations on being the first one to shit on people preordering games in this thread, though. Didn't take long.

Mind, I did NOT preorder CP and all of the games I preordered (which is most of them) worked with no issue day one. Just to skip some unnecessary round of arguments.

Ah yes the random pleb thinks he knows more than me, because his opinion differs from mine.

Anything of value you want to add, or are you just going to act the same as me and pretend you're not?