Cd projekt offering refunds

dannyswfc9

On 12/14/2020 at 9:23 AM, VigilantCrow said:

That's what happens when people with 0 self control preorder games. They get the buggy mess they deserve.

With the amount of work and the number of people that go into a AAA game nowadays, it is next to impossible to have a game on release day truly be “complete”.

A long time ago it made sense to hire game testers before the game could be shipped to the public. Today the game companies don’t bother with that because it’s much faster and cheaper to have the gamers play test the game so they could bitch about broken and unfinished products on release date.

I don’t preorder, and I haven’t done so in a long time. I used to preorder back in the late PS2/early PS3 era. Games were more complete. Nowadays you have Ubisoft making a killing with Season Passes, 2K’s latest NBA game surely has people by the dick in the form of microtransactions. 

Put in my refund about a week ago, never played it only installed it and still waiting. game is still in my library.

Not a huge concern for me I was going to buy it when the PS5 version comes out, but for anyone who is on the fence you might be waiting a while for your refund

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

So in the end, all the controversies will be a twinkle in peoples eyes, just like what happened to The Last of Us Part II.

TLOU Part II has sold well but I'm wondering if it will crack the top 3 of best-selling SIE PS4 games.

8 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

That's a rather extreme and childish response. 

How so?  If you are a company who misleads people, produces lousy products than maybe you don't deserve to be in business.  how is that childish?  people want to pity them they are the company responsible for their actions and their poor quality how is that childish?  Maybe you like to argue when you have no point and you are childish???

Edited by steel6burgh

23 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

CDPR might suffer in the long run but not right now. The next game by them could have problems with the player base.

Just look what happened to Bethesda. People praised the shit out of them despite most of their actual games having problems with bugs and glitches. Then Fallout 76 comes out and then they decide it was time to boycott the company?

What a load of crap.

Now Bethesda is basically on a lot of peoples boycott, avoid like the plague list. I think we can all admit that companies like Bethesda and CD Projekt Red have some very talented, gifted people working for them. We can't blame the grunts working overtime and the guys who have good intentions. The real problem I feel are the corporate executives and the publishers who try to push out the games and products before they're truly ready.

After all the bullshit surrounding Cyberpunk 2077, it makes me wonder just how can they fuck up a newly released game after it has been delayed more than once.

This is why I don't preorder any games anymore. I consider the vast majority of AAA games to be simply unfinished on release. Day One patches are basically mandatory now, in the past you didn't need them because well, the developers didn't see a need to come out with them. Nowadays these massive PS4/PS5 games that had a multi million dollar budget and at least a thousand or more people who worked on them have at least a few bugs, glitches, or stuff that doesn't work all too well. It is literally next to impossible to find all the faults in a modern AAA game, even if a developer hires a team of competent game testers, which are basically almost non existent at this point in time. Why hire testers when you can just let the gamers test the games for you?

I'm sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be enjoyable for me, as most people who have already beaten the game have said it is good. The controversy and all the news surrounding it and CD Projekt Red really just hurts their reputation. But I can't sympathize with these companies, since the money is really all that matters in the end.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Saying they should go out of business over one bad product launch is childish. CDPR does more than make video games and does a pretty good job maintaining their GOG website but you being a reactionary child goes to the far extreme claiming one bad game means the entire company should go away. Yeah, extremely childish.

If you bought the game and dislike it, the get a refund. You have been restored to where you should be. If that also means you never buy products from that company again, that is also fine and understandable. Claiming all their products are lousy? Lies. That is something kids do in order to convince themselves that their personal opinion is also fact or the opinion of the majority.

They deserve to make amends. This isn't about pity but putting them to task to repair the game for all the current gamers and repair whatever work related issues from the development or management that caused the game to release in such a state. Wishing them to go out of business is petty. it doesn't make anyone with the game whole. It doesn't give them the opportunity to improve themselves or uphold any of the promises made. Shutting them down completely is a lazy way out that would  benefit no one with the game, a GOG account, or anyone that has an interest in other CDPR games.

that is a stupid argument that they deserve to make amends.  They should be truthful about the product they are releasing and operate with good faith honesty and integrity toward their customer base.  It's childish to believe companies shouldn't face consequences for their actions.  It's sad that this game is actually a really fun game to play and it release in such a poor state  It's a shame that they couldn't be truthful about the state of the game on older consoles and it's a shame they had to release the game in time for christmas to make money instead of fixing and polishing the game.  If this type of thing is what you expect from the people you do business with fine.  the fact they were a reputable company before makes it worse in my opinion and tbh they haven't released that many great games.  From my understanding witcher 3 wasn't all that great shape when it 1st released.  Evidently i'm not the only childish one because the stock has tanked and now they're facing lawsuits from Grown up investors and i'd say their business is in a lot of trouble.  I didn't do that.  

I think you need to grow up and start realizing that by accepting shit like this you will continue to get more shit.  Im not some snowflake that is gonna beat around the bush.  i could give two shits about CD project Red and their business.  If they want to do good they should do right.  This isn't like you go out and buy a coffee maker and it breaks a day later and you go back to the store and they give you a new one.  once you get this game and play it fixing it is a little too late imo.  think about children who been asking for this for christmas and maybe they don't get but a few things and they get this it it has some progression bug or it crashes 3 times an hour.  just because you have other games you can pick up and play and wait it out why it's fixed doesn't mean everybody else is as fortunate.   It was a shitty move to release a game broken and unpolished for the holidays for the children people who believe otherwise i question.

5 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Saying they should go out of business over one bad product launch is childish. CDPR does more than make video games and does a pretty good job maintaining their GOG website but you being a reactionary child goes to the far extreme claiming one bad game means the entire company should go away. Yeah, extremely childish.

If you bought the game and dislike it, the get a refund. You have been restored to where you should be. If that also means you never buy products from that company again, that is also fine and understandable. Claiming all their products are lousy? Lies. That is something kids do in order to convince themselves that their personal opinion is also fact or the opinion of the majority.

They deserve to make amends. This isn't about pity but putting them to task to repair the game for all the current gamers and repair whatever work related issues from the development or management that caused the game to release in such a state. Wishing them to go out of business is petty. it doesn't make anyone with the game whole. It doesn't give them the opportunity to improve themselves or uphold any of the promises made. Shutting them down completely is a lazy way out that would  benefit no one with the game, a GOG account, or anyone that has an interest in other CDPR games.

I admire your patience in trying to explain y his or her comment was childish but its a waste of time. The world is full of grown children n trying to get them to see reason aint worth the headache or valuable brain cells u will lose in the process.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Plenty of them in this day and age. Our president threw fits and still can't get over the fact that he lost the elections. Now he is trying to live in an 'alternate reality' in the final weeks of his presidency. That is a definite example of a child who screams and yells when he doesn't get everything the way he wants it to be, then hides in a corner and tries to think everything will be better if he just pretends none of it exists.

12 hours ago, MsVelvet said:

I admire your patience in trying to explain y his or her comment was childish but its a waste of time. The world is full of grown children n trying to get them to see reason aint worth the headache or valuable brain cells u will lose in the process.

Yes, exactly. Hit the nail on the head.

On 12/27/2020 at 2:19 AM, Spaz said:

Plenty of them in this day and age. Our president threw fits and still can't get over the fact that he lost the elections. Now he is trying to live in an 'alternate reality' in the final weeks of his presidency. That is a definite example of a child who screams and yells when he doesn't get everything the way he wants it to be, then hides in a corner and tries to think everything will be better if he just pretends none of it exists.

Yes, exactly. Hit the nail on the head.

Decided to remove the original comment since this isn't really a site where we should be mouthing off our political views.  However spaz i'm curious about something?  I see you are quite active on the forum on this site and have been for a long time. I see you have posted quite a few times about this generation and people in it and how they act.  I'm guilty of this too so please take no offense but as I see it forums whether it be Facebook, Twitter, or forums on sites like this are some of the most degenerate forms of social activity people in this generation participate in.  It always ends in attacking others views or expressing personal views nobody wants to hear.  It's always toxic.   

Anyway since you are quick tho point out the generational behavioral problems I'm curious to how you believe you are different or what you have done in life to contribute to a better world?   I see you engaging in the tearing down of others views and expressing of your own quite frequently.  I'm curious have you did things to make your generation better or are you just another degenerate trophy hunter bowsing degenerate forums 24/7?  Do you browse the forums from your childhood bedroom in your parents house or do you have your own place?   Have you ever brought a child into the world and raised them up right?  Have you ever adopted a pet and gave it a good home?  Taken care of the elderly?  Have you ever fought for your country? If not why should anybody care?  I have no illusions that people care what I have to say but dude you have thousands of comments on here and thousands of likes and probably dislike too.  What makes you so great and above the generations behavioral social patterns and tendencies that you so heavily engage in?? 

Edited by steel6burgh